Trade Deadline Approaching. Will Dallas make a move

stiletto

Reaction score
The team has made its' bed. There isn't a trade like the Cooper one that will help this team. They are what they are.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t know what move we could make honestly.

Our season is pretty much written at this point.

Steve007

Reaction score
I hope not. We need to be sellers not buyers. This team need to be stockpiling picks to have any chance of closing the talent gap with SF.
Absolutely. Right now the cowboys have talent they could possibly trade for draft picks. They don't have a team right now to compete with SF or get more than one win in the playoffs. This would be the time to trade for draft capital. If the wait too long they won't have value to trade. I don't think they will though.

Motorola

Reaction score
Leonard Williams - DT - Giants
Josh Uche - LB - Pats
Josey Jewell - LB - Denver
Frank Clark - LB - Denver

I'd be interested in adding any of the above
How would the team swing it?
Cowboys have 2024 picks 1-4, and no.7; expected to get two 6th round compensation picks for McGovern and Schultz.
Or - going player swap could be the plan...then who?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely. Right now the cowboys have talent they could possibly trade for draft picks. They don't have a team right now to compete with SF or get more than one win in the playoffs. This would be the time to trade for draft capital. If the wait too long they won't have value to trade. I don't think they will though.
I don’t think they will either. Jerry still thinks he has a Super Bowl contender and it’s just a matter of making a few tweaks.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
If Jerryism holds true, we'll give up major resources for a WR.
I hadn't even considered he'd do something that stupid but now that you mention it I can totally see him doing that. That would be classic Jerry.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea at 3-2, just give up, get picks, and that will surely close the gap with SF in 2029. SMH
Don’t worry. Even if by some miracle we manage to actually cash in on a player for a change, I’m sure Dak and company can still manage a wild card spot and quick playoff exit to satisfy fans like you. The rest of us saw a team that didn’t belong on the same field as SF. They saw a team better than us at every level. We have 2 guys who could start for them. That’s the gulf we have to bridge and you can’t do it by resigning your pet cat players to huge contracts. You need a lot of draft picks.

Gator70

Reaction score
The gap between the Cowboys and 49ers is a lot deeper than just talent. We’re simply not physical enough to compete with them and not coached well enough. We’re also not getting the QB play they’re getting. Stockpiling draft picks isn’t going to close the gap if we don’t make those picks count. Our first two picks this past April have been busts. We have a sixth round pick who’s been nothing but a wasted roster spot. We have an offense that isn’t w"Mr

Gator70

Reaction score
"Mr. Irrelevant" came in as a Rookie and is 2-0 against Dak. Wonder what the return on investment on that might be.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Still 3 weeks of games away. Will be more telling as we see who is on the block as we get closer

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
I would say if we win this Monday night then Yes let's go all in during the bye week. Still a long way to go this season and anything could happen with the majority of the NFL teams not being very good at all. Haven't seen professional football this bad in my lifetime!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The gap between the Cowboys and 49ers is a lot deeper than just talent. We’re simply not physical enough to compete with them and not coached well enough. We’re also not getting the QB play they’re getting. Stockpiling draft picks isn’t going to close the gap if we don’t make those picks count. Our first two picks this past April have been busts. We have a sixth round pick who’s been nothing but a wasted roster spot. We have an offense that isn’t working.
Sure the gulf is bigger. But we can’t swap out Jerry for John Lynch or MM for Shanahan. Loading up on draft picks and getting a little lucky is the only path toward improvement. Resigning all our favorite pet cats for big money is a path to early playoff exits.