Trade Deadline Approaching. Will Dallas make a move

Adreme

Reaction score
Oh don’t believe that for a second. Mahomes would make all the difference in the world. Who’s KC got at WR? RB? Our OL is better. Mahomes in this offense would be unstoppable. The gulf in talent and ability between Mahomes and Dak is huge.
They needed at least 50 to win that game because the 49ers got their 42 in a little over 3 quarters and could have easily gotten more.

When Mahomes had better WRs than the Cowboys have now, a better TE than the Cowboys had, or any team really, and a great OLine, they weren’t putting those numbers up. They were about 3-5 of better than the Cowboys under Moore.

Mahomes is the best but nobody was winning that game.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Dak has been for more consistent than Baker Mayfield during his career. There’s a good reason Mayfield is playing for his fourth team.
You are correct. However at this point in time one is trending down while the other is trending up.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't see a trade happening.
I don’t see any significant trade happening either. They value draft picks and with the salary cap and guys up for new deals soon it’s logical to value picks

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think this game will determine that they're going into the bye week if we lay another egg and there's some obviously weakness that they can point out which by the way is very difficult right now just the whole team has played horribly in the two losses... So it's kinda difficult to find out what area you should improve in when in the winds we looked great in the losses the whole entire team looked bad... I'm not sure one player is gonna fix that what I think they needed to do is go into the bye week and fix the schematics on both sides of the ball and start game planning better against your opponents not just run whatever the hell it is you wanna run you can't just be conservative against every team you can't just run against every team in the same on defense you can't just be a pass rushing turnover machine that just wants to make hero ball plays that you wanna look good on replays you literally need to place more solid on all three phases and coaching I don't think you can fix that with a trade..

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Can get another physical running back for a cheap pick. Would do it.

If they believe they have the nucleus to win, I would try and spend a high pick on a damn good run stopping and tackling linebacker.

No one like that available in free agency, LVE looking like toast. This is a problem they can solve now if someone is available.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can get another physical running back for a cheap pick. Would do it.

If they believe they have the nucleus to win, I would try and spend a high pick on a damn good run stopping and tackling linebacker.

No one like that available in free agency, LVE looking like toast. This is a problem they can solve now if someone is available.
Well looking at that video about Clark I'm watching that and I don't think our linebackers are as bad as you're making them out to be yes LE is hurt but Clark has actually been playing quietly for a limited snaps and Evans has been signed so I don't think they're gonna be doing that in free agency with a trade et cetera at linebacker I don't think there's anyone unit or player that you can actually get to solve our problems we lost big time as a team all four phases including coaching there isn't a single player I don't think that can improve our team they need to improve schematically and playing within the scheme with game planning play calling and execution we have the players we just are not utilizing them correctly or they're not executing correctly

we literally have lost big time as a team in all three phases in coaching you can't make a trade for all three phases of your team and or you can change out the coaches as far as play calling and game planning goes maybe at the buy they decide to take those things away Jerry says no but Mike McCarthy might have to make that decision on his own and they need to come up with a better plan

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Well looking at that video about Clark I'm watching that and I don't think our linebackers are as bad as you're making them out to be yes LE is hurt but Clark has actually been playing quietly for a limited snaps and Evans has been signed so I don't think they're gonna be doing that in free agency with a trade et cetera at linebacker I don't think there's anyone unit or player that you can actually get to solve our problems we lost big time as a team all four phases including coaching there isn't a single player I don't think that can improve our team they need to improve schematically and playing within the scheme with game planning play calling and execution we have the players we just are not utilizing them correctly or they're not executing correctly

we literally have lost big time as a team in all three phases in coaching you can't make a trade for all three phases of your team and or you can change out the coaches as far as play calling and game planning goes maybe at the buy they decide to take those things away Jerry says no but Mike McCarthy might have to make that decision on his own and they need to come up with a better plan
I know Clark has the physical talent and works hard. Even Q confirmed that in the offseason. I think his problem is football smarts, and has been since college. And on that same note, defense going to miss LVE out there as one of the defensive captains. He's made up for everything he lost with that neck injury with his knowledge of the playbooks, leadership, and adjusting the D to what sees on offense. I think LVE will be a coach at some point, if he wants it.

Don't want to see the team have to spend another pick on a linebacker. I look at them same as running backs. You should be able to find solid ones after the first. So hoping Clark steps up to the plate!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You are correct. However at this point in time one is trending down while the other is trending up.
At this point in time the Falcons Desmond Ritter is trending up. Mayfield could have a bad game tomorrow and Dak plays great on Monday night and the trend will change. I don’t expect Mayfield to continue trending up the entire season. At some point the flaws in his game will start to surface in Tampa.

tomokawan

Reaction score
They’re blinded by their hatred for Dak. They try and convince everyone that anyone of 50 other QBs could do just as well, if not better than Dak. The majority of Cowboys fans pretty much agree we need to start looking for a new QB. But it won’t be easy doing better than Dak unless there’s fans that honestly believe that what we saw last week from him against San Francisco is going to repeat itself most every week.
I agree. I would like a better QB, but that is easier said then done.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. I would like a better QB, but that is easier said then done.
We all would like a better QB, but a lot of fans seem to think better QBs than Dak grow on trees. Apparently some of these fans haven’t been following NFL football very long if they believe that. There’s only a small handful of real good starting NFL QBs in the league.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Just be open for business, it amazes me some of the solid and good players that go around for 5ths and or 6ths swaps at the deadline, get a good vet that can help if he is there, any position honestly.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
If we lose Monday perhaps we become sellers. Not sure I’d be opposed. I’d let the league know we’re open for business and the entire roster is open for discussion. You can’t win a SB without a franchise QB and we clearly don’t have one. May as well stockpile picks.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If we lose Monday perhaps we become sellers. Not sure I’d be opposed. I’d let the league know we’re open for business and the entire roster is open for discussion. You can’t win a SB without a franchise QB and we clearly don’t have one. May as well stockpile picks.
Problem there is the guy making the decisions thinks the exact opposite.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Seeing the possibility of our defense slowly going a bit stagnant with injuries like Goodwin and Vander Esch, could we be in the market for a couple of players.

What about Brian Burns OLB from Carolina, great player but going to have to probably pick up his 5th year option. Say we trade a 3rd and Michael Gallup WR for him and possibly a safety (you pick). He would be an asset to the defense allowing Parsons to still be more of a DE. He also is a long term solution especially with Vander Esch neck problems and with Overshine coming back next year, gives us a very good LB corp.

Also, what about Chase Young DE from Washington. He is a free agent at the end of the year and seems to finally found out how to play. Washington isn't going to resign him especially since Sweat is going to get the big contract. Say a trade of Armstrong DE, Hendershot TE, and probably a 2nd round pick (although I would make it a 3rd in 2025 based on Young production and if we can resign him). If Young keeps producing like he has then he really helps the defensive line and long term a replacement for DLaw who probably is gone after the year.

This still gives us our 1st who we should use on an OL at OT or OG.

Just trying to find ways to make the team better.
Jimmy Johnson, Bob Ackles, and John Wooten are gone.

bigE79

Reaction score
I heard Patrick myhomie,wants out of KC..do it Jerry..lol

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Oh don’t believe that for a second. Mahomes would make all the difference in the world. Who’s KC got at WR? RB? Our OL is better. Mahomes in this offense would be unstoppable. The gulf in talent and ability between Mahomes and Dak is huge.
Notice that no one argues that the offense has been dumbed down. Of course these same people don't want to know why the offense was dumbed down. Blame McCarthy all you want but remember, the offense was dumbed down when JG was here, Scott Linehan was here, Moore was here and now under McCarthy. Somehow under all these guys from different backgrounds and age groups the offense was all dumbed down.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I hope not. We need to be sellers not buyers. This team need to be stockpiling picks to have any chance of closing the talent gap with SF.
agree. If we were 1 trade target away from being relevant, I'd say yeah, but like u said, we need to be sellers. We are far away. I expect the Chargers 2 gash us running the ball Monday. I see Allen having a big night as well. I just don't think we have the horses.