Trade Deadline Approaching. Will Dallas make a move

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
geF9l2d.jpg
The guy in the blue shades looks like a guy who worked hard to be where he is in this league.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disagree, it's a long season and this team still has talent, most the time I agree with your sentiment. I get the demoralization. There is no guarantee that we will even have to play them again, I get it's likely. Also Mcaffrey will get injured at some point, and we saw what happened to them when their qbs went down.

In agreement, but with his contract I doubt anyone takes him up, he's horrible with separation yet again. Dak needs open targets to succeed.
If it was a close game or I saw that we competed , I’d have a different opinion. But losing to AZ and SF in non-competitive fashion is inexplicable if your contention is that this is a good team. The only reason we are 3-2 is that we have had the good fortune of playing 3 really bad teams.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallup and a 6th to Denver for Jeudy. Both players need a fresh start and aren't very productive in their current situations. I think Jeudy's skillset is better suited for this scheme.

It is more than likely neither will be in the same uniform next season as well.
Jeudy for Gallup and a 6th would be a heist. The problem in Denver isn’t Jeudy or Courtland Sutton, it’s Russel Wilson and his nose dive in quality. The dude simply cannot run Sean Peyton’s offense like Drew Brees. Not even close.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being 3-2 gives us a chance. Our issues are deeper than just the QB. We could’ve had Mahomes last week and we would have still gotten destroyed.
Oh don’t believe that for a second. Mahomes would make all the difference in the world. Who’s KC got at WR? RB? Our OL is better. Mahomes in this offense would be unstoppable. The gulf in talent and ability between Mahomes and Dak is huge.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
The gap between the Cowboys and 49ers is a lot deeper than just talent. We’re simply not physical enough to compete with them and not coached well enough. We’re also not getting the QB play they’re getting. Stockpiling draft picks isn’t going to close the gap if we don’t make those picks count. Our first two picks this past April have been busts. We have a sixth round pick who’s been nothing but a wasted roster spot. We have an offense that isn’t working.
This….it isn’t just talent, attitude and will are issues as well. They played bully ball, we had zero response….I saw little toughness or will, desire to win.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Kimd
I’m sure there were times in Cleveland where he was rated pretty high only to fall off. He led Cleveland to a playoff win in 2020. There’s still 12 games left so I wouldn’t be writing the book on Baker Mayfield just yet. His history is to play well in spurts then he becomes up and down. Highly unlikely he’s the long term answer in Tampa. Eventually what Cleveland and Carolina saw, the Buccaneers will see and they’ll be looking for a new QB.
Kind of like us I guess.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh don’t believe that for a second. Mahomes would make all the difference in the world. Who’s KC got at WR? RB? Our OL is better. Mahomes in this offense would be unstoppable. The gulf in talent and ability between Mahomes and Dak is huge.
KC definitely has some issues at WR but they also have a tight end that’s 10 times better than what we have. Our WR situation isn’t exactly great. They’re all struggling to separate and Brandin Cooks has been a disappointment. Mahomes currently has more INT’s than Dak. Mahomes would certainly make some difference because the gap between him and Dak is huge but he’s not going to lead the team we have to a Super Bowl. Our defense continues to have issues and the offensive scheme we have isn’t working. If you want to live in a fantasy world believing Mahomes would led us past San Francisco in the NFC dream on. The beatdown we took on Sunday night was far deeper than just our QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
A couple of QBs that are playing for their third and fourth teams are worse than what we have. Mayfield only has a starting job because Brady retired. It won’t be long before he craps the bed in Tampa and they’re looking for a new QB.
I don't think Dak has had the pleasure of playing on teams as bad as the one's Darnold has started for. When Mayfield was healthy with the Browns, he was a solid QB. Put Dak on Tampa or Caroline. See how many games they win.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think Dak has had the pleasure of playing on teams as bad as the one's Darnold has started for. When Mayfield was healthy with the Browns, he was a solid QB. Put Dak on Tampa or Caroline. See how many games they win.
If Sam Darnold was worth a darn, he would’ve made the Jets better. That’s why NY drafted him in the top five. He never made them better and they ended up moving on from him. If they didn’t think he was the problem, they would’ve kept him. The same with Baker Mayfield in Cleveland. He had a very good team around him in 2020 and led the Browns to the playoffs. Despite having a good team around him his numbers still weren’t that impressive. Both he and Darnold have been inconsistent during their careers. If some of you want to believe that either QB could turn the Cowboys into a team that could compete with San Francisco, dream on! Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Kimd

Kind of like us I guess.
Dak has been for more consistent than Baker Mayfield during his career. There’s a good reason Mayfield is playing for his fourth team.

Reactions: CWR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This….it isn’t just talent, attitude and will are issues as well. They played bully ball, we had zero response….I saw little toughness or will, desire to win.
One of the major problems the Cowboys have is they’re simply not physical enough to beat San Francisco. They bullied us worse on Sunday night, than in the two playoff losses to them. If we can’t match their physicality we’ll never beat them.

tomokawan

Reaction score
If Sam Darnold was worth a darn, he would’ve made the Jets better. That’s why NY drafted him in the top five. He never made them better and they ended up moving on from him. If they didn’t think he was the problem, they would’ve kept him. The same with Baker Mayfield in Cleveland. He had a very good team around him in 2020 and led the Browns to the playoffs. Despite having a good team around him his numbers still weren’t that impressive. Both he and Darnold have been inconsistent during their careers. If some of you want to believe that either QB could turn the Cowboys into a team that could compete with San Francisco, dream on! Lol
On point. I don't get why others can't or refuse to see these facts.

Flamma

Reaction score
Because these QBs don't play for the same team, yet people talk as if they did. It was easy to see that Tony Romo was better than Drew Bledsoe because we got to see if first hand. It's harder to judge when quarterbacks are playing on totally different teams.

Flamma

Reaction score
Right. I don't believe Dak makes the Jets better either. Nor do I think he does any better on the Browns. You think Dak takes the Browns further than 1 playoff win?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Right. I don't believe Dak makes the Jets better either. Nor do I think he does any better on the Browns. You think Dak takes the Browns further than 1 playoff win?
When Dak was playing his absolute best football a few years ago it’s possible he could have taken that Browns team further. Mayfield didn’t have a very good game and the Browns only lost to KC by 5 points in the divisional round. Dak’s absolute best football of his career was far better than Baker Mayfield’s best football.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They’re blinded by their hatred for Dak. They try and convince everyone that anyone of 50 other QBs could do just as well, if not better than Dak. The majority of Cowboys fans pretty much agree we need to start looking for a new QB. But it won’t be easy doing better than Dak unless there’s fans that honestly believe that what we saw last week from him against San Francisco is going to repeat itself most every week.

Flamma

Reaction score
When Dak was playing his absolute best football a few years ago it’s possible he could have taken that Browns team further. Mayfield didn’t have a very good game and the Browns only lost to KC by 5 points in the divisional round. Dak’s absolute best football of his career was far better than Baker Mayfield’s best football.
Yeah, I agree. I just don't think the difference is vast. I think Dak got lucky he was drafted by the Cowboys at the same time Zeke was. Otherwise he would not be a starting QB for the Cowboys. He'd probably be some backup somewhere.

But I do agree that the 49ers played way more physical than us. It's not just on Dak. It was team wide. When you're being beat like that, it's not going to matter who is playing QB.