Trade Deadline - RB? Ingram?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I really think it would be smart to trade a mid-round 2015 pick for a RB this year. We can win now, and need a contingency for the RB position I believe.

What about Mark Ingram or someone along those lines?

Ingram was actually suggested in this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...des-wed-love-to-see-before-nfl-trade-deadline

Mark Ingram to the Cowboys

The Dallas Cowboys are 6-1 thanks to the gutsy effort of running back DeMarco Murray, who is on pace for an unsustainable amount of carries, a number that would surely break the NFL single-season record of 416 set by Larry Johnson in 2007. They need another powerful running back, and the New Orleans Saints have one who has largely underachieved to this point in his career but is ready to break out. Yes, the Cowboys should deal a mid-round pick to the New Orleans Saints forMark Ingram.

We'd love to see Ingram in a power offense and behind a great offensive line. We'd also like to see Murray get a breather down the stretch. This satisfies both teams and allows New Orleans to bolster a rebuilding effort that could already be underway. -- Conor Orr

Who else would you consider?

joseephuss

Reaction score
That article says Ingram is ready to break out. Well he won't be breaking out backing up Murray. Even if they lighten Murray's work load a little they won't give Ingram enough carries to break out. Dallas would still be using Dunbar and Randle as well.

Jenky

Reaction score
well, if murray got hurt, for whatever reason, you cant acquire a decent one through trade after the deadline. might be something to consider doing now.

That would pretty much guarantee that Murray is not back in Dallas next year, and which RB do you cut?

Too much of a distraction IMO.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
That article says Ingram is ready to break out. Well he won't be breaking out backing up Murray. Even if they lighten Murray's work load a little they won't give Ingram enough carries to break out. Dallas would still be using Dunbar and Randle as well.

well, he COULD, but I am talking more of a capable RB to carry the load if murray were to go down. I think ingram is built and better fit to pick up for murray than say randle.

Zordon

Reaction score
lol people complain about escobar, beasley, and dunbar not getting enough touches, now we're going to add another mouth to feed? this offense is perfectly fine. they need to find ways to upgrade the defense and special teams without sacrificing the future.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Williams and his 164 career yards has me very confident if Murray goes down.

Those yards come with a 2.8 average btw

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Not gonna lie... if we could get M Ingram for a mid round pick, I'd do it.

I like him a good bit but I do think he's in a wrong offense for him. He is a workhorse back who would thrive in Dallas' scheme. Feed him the ball like we are Murray and I think he'd produce good results. He's a pounder who wears out defenses just like Murray has been.

Not that I'm unhappy with our current RB's, but it is all about upgrading the roster. If Ingram could be had for relatively cheap then he replaces either Randle or Williams and competes for playing time. With Murray being in a contract year, Ingram just might come in handy next season.

I don't know if he could be had for a mid round pick, but if he could, I'd think long and hard about it.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
lol people complain about escobar, beasley, and dunbar not getting enough touches, now we're going to add another mouth to feed? this offense is perfectly fine. they need to find ways to upgrade the defense and special teams without sacrificing the future.

its not a mouth to feed. if 50% of your offense is running, you need to have plans in place for injuries. Would you recommend we only have 3 capable WR's (TE's included) on our team? No, you wouldnt because someone could get injured. We should upgrade or add an RB IF we can. It would just be smart.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Not gonna lie... if we could get M Ingram for a mid round pick, I'd do it.

I like him a good bit but I do think he's in a wrong offense for him. He is a workhorse back who would thrive in Dallas' scheme. Feed him the ball like we are Murray and I think he'd produce good results. He's a pounder who wears out defenses just like Murray has been.

Not that I'm unhappy with our current RB's, but it is all about upgrading the roster. If Ingram could be had for relatively cheap then he replaces either Randle or Williams and competes for playing time. With Murray being in a contract year, Ingram just might come in handy next season.

I don't know if he could be had for a mid round pick, but if he could, I'd think long and hard about it.

bingo. thats what I'm talking about.

He would fit perfect here, I think. And shoot, maybe he goes off and makes murray expendable next year. Which, money-wise would also make sense.

Zordon

Reaction score
its not a mouth to feed. if 50% of your offense is running, you need to have plans in place for injuries. Would you recommend we only have 3 capable WR's (TE's included) on our team? No, you wouldnt because someone could get injured. We should upgrade or add an RB IF we can. It would just be smart.

so if we brought in ingram you're bringing 4 running backs to the game?