Trade Deadline - RB? Ingram?

blindzebra

Reaction score
he has averaged 4.2 ypc through his career playing a role that he really doesnt on a team that doesnt exactly use a runner like he is. 4.2 ypc playing out of position Id say shows the potential is there.

4.2 ypc when running you is a surprise? What that tells me is he is not that explosive.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
he has averaged 4.2 ypc through his career playing a role that he really doesnt on a team that doesnt exactly use a runner like he is. 4.2 ypc playing out of position Id say shows the potential is there.

Does he even start for the 2-4 Saints? Is he third string or 4th string? And those two victories were an OT win over TB and another victory against Mighty Minny. No thanks. Ingram is a bust as both a RB and a 1st rd pick. The Saints would gladly trade Ingram straight up for either RB Randle or RB Dunbar. What does that tell you?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
4.2 ypc when running you is a surprise? What that tells me is he is not that explosive.

fred jackson, marshawn lynch, cj spiller, frank gore, forte...all averaging 4.0-4.3...so its not a surprise, but is shows he has potential to be a pretty good rb

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Does he even start for the 2-4 Saints? Is he third string or 4th string? And those two victories were an OT win over TB and another victory against Mighty Minny. No thanks. Ingram is a bust as both a RB and a 1st rd pick. The Saints would gladly trade Ingram straight up for either RB Randle or RB Dunbar. What does that tell you?

i dont think he's a bust. i think he's in the wrong system. You think marshawn lynch would do as well in NO? nope.

Ingram is listed #1 on the depth chart: http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/depth-chart.html

joseephuss

Reaction score
For me, it would be about an opportunity to improve the roster, not because there is any specific need now. Ingram is young, he plays hard, plays tough, and could definitely be an upgrade over what Dallas currently has behind Murray.

It would be more about next year than this year really... although he could come in really handy this year if Murray gets hurt for a few games.

Overall, I say it will never happen... but given a chance for a mid round pick, I'd think about it.

Trading for Ingram does not help Dallas out for next season. Ingram will be a free agent at the end of this season. Dallas would then need to re-sign him. Instead of trading for him now just wait and sign him as a free agent at the end of the year.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
NO wants a sproles/dunbar type. Catch passes out of the backfield. They dont roll with the bruiser back type.

joseephuss

Reaction score
i dont think finding a contingency for a rb that has a massive injury history from every prior pro season all the way back through college. I think some on here have gotten this new idea in their head that murray is a workhorse emmitt smith. he's PROVEN that he isnt. I dont think taking a gamble that he will magically be such this year is wise.

Ingram isn't a workhorse back, either. He split time at Alabama. He also has split carries with the Saints and even then has missed several games due to injury during his NFL career.

I don't buy the theory that Ingram doesn't fit the Saints system. Good running backs fit any system. Pierre Thomas has been good in New Orleans. Khiry Robinson seems to be doing just fine with the Saints.

Carlos Hyde is another RB I wish we could finagle

The 49ers won't be letting him go. He will be their starter next season.

Jarntt

Reaction score
No way would I consider doing this. those draft picks are the most valuable thing you have when you are a team with cap problems. Why bring in a guy just in case Murray gets hurt? I'm not saying I love Randle, Dunabar and Williams, but they'll do the job if needed and a lot better than Weeden will if Romo gets hurt. Or what if one of our other OL goes down or another DB? All you can do is try to put depth in place just in case, but you can't bring in a starting caliber backup at every spot to guarantee top backups if injury strikes and expect to not have cap problems or be able to restock at draft time. That's exactly why you don't trade away draft picks. You need them to provide both depth and cap savings.

joseephuss

Reaction score
NO wants a sproles/dunbar type. Catch passes out of the backfield. They dont roll with the bruiser back type.

Khiry Robinson(6'-0", 220 lbs) is bigger than Mark Ingram(5-10", 215 lbs). That is two bigger backs on the same Saints roster.

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
So basically you want to trade for Mark Ingram because Murray is injury prone yet Ingram has missed like 4 games this season due to injury

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Khiry Robinson(6'-0", 220 lbs) is bigger than Mark Ingram(5-10", 215 lbs). That is two bigger backs on the same Saints roster.

Khiry only has 64 attempts. I know mark has less, but it proves to me neither are being used fully.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
i dont think he's a bust. i think he's in the wrong system. You think marshawn lynch would do as well in NO? nope.

Ingram is listed #1 on the depth chart: http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/depth-chart.html

#1 RB has 159 yds in 6 games so far? 500 yds avg per year for career. Yeah, sign me up for some of that secret sauce. Ingram stinks. He is a colossal bust. The Saints don't even want him. The only reason he is on the team is because some GM/HC doesn't want to admit to drafting a bust.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
So basically you want to trade for Mark Ingram because Murray is injury prone yet Ingram has missed like 4 games this season due to injury

well you do want to keep this in the realm of possible. I could suggest that we trade a 7th round for Arian Foster and their next years 1st. but i was trying to be somewhat real.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
#1 RB has 159 yds in 6 games so far? 500 yds avg per year for career. Yeah, sign me up for some of that secret sauce. Ingram stinks. He is a colossal bust. The Saints don't even want him. The only reason he is on the team is because some GM/HC doesn't want to admit to drafting a bust.

im open to suggestions. what i am saying is...i dont think the best backup solution is on our team now

blindzebra

Reaction score
fred jackson, marshawn lynch, cj spiller, frank gore, forte...all averaging 4.0-4.3...so its not a surprise, but is shows he has potential to be a pretty good rb

What I am saying is that in that type of offense where the LBs and safeties are 100% focused on Graham he should be popping off a high YPC. The fact that it is 4.2 under those conditions tell me he is a 3.5 YPC back in a running offense.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Khiry only has 64 attempts. I know mark has less, but it proves to me neither are being used fully.

Ingram has missed 3 games this season due to injury. That is why it seems as if he isn't being used. You can't carry the ball if you miss half the games. Sproles had seasons of 87, 53 and 48 rushing attempts while in New Orleans, so Khiry's 64 attempts doesn't look that low to me.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
i dont think finding a contingency for a rb that has a massive injury history from every prior pro season all the way back through college. I think some on here have gotten this new idea in their head that murray is a workhorse emmitt smith. he's PROVEN that he isnt. I dont think taking a gamble that he will magically be such this year is wise.

He's not injured right now so therefore he's proven you wrong.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
im open to suggestions. what i am saying is...i dont think the best backup solution is on our team now

Problem is your solution is more harmful and worse that the imaginary backup RB worries. Randle and Dunbar have done well in limited reps so far. Williams is on the PS. They know the system and have been practicing for 3 months now. Basically, you are rolling with what you got at this stage of the season. Any trades now would likely be between two desperate teams (e.g. Percy Harvin). The Jets suck and can't sell tickets. The Seahawks needed to dump Harvin because he is a basket case and their QB hates his guts.

I'd forget about trading draft picks. Hitchens was a 4th and Street was a 5th. Those are two good players and were mid-round picks.