Trade Deadline - RB? Ingram?

roughneck266

Reaction score
im just concerned that they wont be able to keep our offense rolling as it is now

Thats the beauty of the offense we now have. Basically they wouldn't have to perform as well as Murray. We have a ton of weapons and the capability to change our game plan because of this. With Escobar showing his stuff along with Dez and T Will and Witten, they simply have to be able to make the defense respect the run.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Is Ingram going to play on special teams? I don't think he ever has before. Randle is doing pretty well on kick off coverage.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
No.

That would be a NY Jets type move. Good organizations don't do crap like that. Keep your draft picks. Roll with what you have in house. Dunbar, randle, Williams are all more than capable behind the best oline in football.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Thats the beauty of the offense we now have. Basically they wouldn't have to perform as well as Murray. We have a ton of weapons and the capability to change our game plan because of this. With Escobar showing his stuff along with Dez and T Will and Witten, they simply have to be able to make the defense respect the run.

Hard to do when your best RB is on the bench. To me we haven't seen enough of the back ups to know how they would do with 20 carries. If that ends up being not that great then we go back to Romo's shoulders. I don't think that would work out all that well.

tm1119

Reaction score
Wait, isn't Ingram a free agent too?? I'd give NO a 6th but that's about it. Trading anything more for a backup that is an impending free agent would just be stupid

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
For me, it would be about an opportunity to improve the roster, not because there is any specific need now. Ingram is young, he plays hard, plays tough, and could definitely be an upgrade over what Dallas currently has behind Murray.

It would be more about next year than this year really... although he could come in really handy this year if Murray gets hurt for a few games.

Overall, I say it will never happen... but given a chance for a mid round pick, I'd think about it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Team is not gonna keep 4 rbs on the active roster. They like Randle and Dunbar.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Murray has more yards before contact than any other RB. We don't need Mark Ingram. We just need Williams and randle to step up.(if murray went down)

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Plus... Ingram loves Rolando McClain: :thumbup:

Which Alabama player would Alabama’s Heisman favorite vote for as the outstanding college football player in America?

Ingram said Rolando McClain.

Let me be the first to second the motion.

McClain for Heisman.

The junior linebacker is the best player on a national championship contender and the physical, spiritual and intellectual leader of the best defense in the land. Ingram explained.

"It’s the impact he has on our team,” Ingram said. ‘‘Not just how he plays, but from a leadership standpoint. As a player, he goes out there every day, and he makes plays. He comes to play every day.”

But that’s not all.

‘‘He knows everything that’s going on with the defense,” Ingram said. ‘‘He knows what the D-line is doing. He knows what the corners are doing. He makes all the calls and makes sure everybody is set where they are supposed to be before the play even starts.”

McClain has done all these things for the last four-plus games — and will have to continue against LSU and beyond — without his twin terror at outside linebacker,Dont’a Hightower. That means McClain has had to run the show with new faces getting critical reps and veterans playing different spots.

Lining everyone up would be enough of a challenge in any set. McClain has to do it for the most sophisticated defense in college football.

How well has he done it?

Alabama has allowed one offensive touchdown in the last three games. That came only after the ultra-reliable Ingram handed Tennessee a short field with the first lost fumble of his college career.

Link: http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2009/11/scarbinsky_listen_to_mark_ingr.html

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
we need all of the draft picks we can get between a OT and Defense. Building through the draft is how teams win, and make no mistake about it we still have holes to fill. Maybe if you could get him for like a 6th sure but anything higher I'd say no

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'll trade CB Morris Claiborne for RB Ingram. That's it. I'm serious. Someone wants to give up a mid round pick for a RB who hasn't done jack.

Ingram? What has he done other than that one good game against the horrible Cowboys' defense of last year? Did the Saints even pick up his option? Why not Trent Richardson? I'm sure the Colts will take anything you are offering.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
i dont think finding a contingency for a rb that has a massive injury history from every prior pro season all the way back through college. I think some on here have gotten this new idea in their head that murray is a workhorse emmitt smith. he's PROVEN that he isnt. I dont think taking a gamble that he will magically be such this year is wise.

kramskoi

Reaction score

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We have Randle, Dunbar and then Ryan Williams on the PS. And you want to trade a mid rounder next year for another RB?

You sound like vintage Jerry after he's had quite a bit of Johnny Walker Blue

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I'll trade CB Morris Claiborne for RB Ingram. That's it. I'm serious. Someone wants to give up a mid round pick for a RB who hasn't done jack.

Ingram? What has he done other than that one good game against the horrible Cowboys' defense of last year? Did the Saints even pick up his option? Why not Trent Richardson? I'm sure the Colts will take anything you are offering.

he has averaged 4.2 ypc through his career playing a role that he really doesnt on a team that doesnt exactly use a runner like he is. 4.2 ypc playing out of position Id say shows the potential is there.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
We have Randle, Dunbar and then Ryan Williams on the PS. And you want to trade a mid rounder next year for another RB?

You sound like vintage Jerry after he's had quite a bit of Johnny Walker Blue

id consider a 5th for ingram...thats still a mid-rounder.

kramskoi

Reaction score
For me, it would be about an opportunity to improve the roster, not because there is any specific need now. Ingram is young, he plays hard, plays tough, and could definitely be an upgrade over what Dallas currently has behind Murray.

It would be more about next year than this year really... although he could come in really handy this year if Murray gets hurt for a few games.

Overall, I say it will never happen... but given a chance for a mid round pick, I'd think about it.

Underachiever in New Orleans...straight up...although I can give him SOME benefit of the doubt because New Orleans has never really been committed to running the football. He has been something of an enigma and he's had the "bust" label applied to him by some fans. I would not trade for him...not if it will cost a draft pick...sorry.