Trade Demarcus Lawrence

CWR

Reaction score
I mean, we only had to trade up from 27-24 to get dez.

And literally no one was thinking about Mo to Dallas before the draft.

Yeah no one thought Dez would fall that far, and we heard nothing about Mo because he wasn't supposed to be in our general vicinity. Whats your point exactly?

JDSTAR

Reaction score
Mack was and is a terror. Lawrence had shown flashes and then disappears. They may be close in skill set.

MAY BE

But I doubt it.
Yea, I agree, Mack is the better player... but to refer to your previous post, the knowledge that one team refuses to pay the player what he’s asking doesn’t necessarily drive the price down, or become your used shoes. If someone has the cap and needs Tank’s services, I can see a 1st or 2nd round trade for him. Not a 4th, that’s silly.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Only if you can get me the pick to draft Ed Oliver Jr.

Certain players are can't miss pro bowlers out of college John Elway, Andrew Luck, Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Todd Gurley, Zeke, Lawrence Taylor, Tony Dorsett, and the next Randy White....Ed Oliver Jr.

I can find another Demarcus Lawrence. But, Ed Oliver Jr. who busted up OU as college football true freshman is can't miss. When you come out of high school hyped as a DL then bust on the college seen living up to the hype, then extending the hype, you are a special talent. 6-2-285, 4.7 40yd, 36" vert, 32 reps 225, with a 4.19 SS is physically awesome like Randy White out of college. But having +50, +60 and +70 tackles for the DT position is wrecking crew awesome. He's got LA NFL bloodlines (Dad was RB at NELU). Also, he plays RDT in a 4/3 D. That is the 3 tech or shade or go knock the QB on his butt position.

If there is a dumb enough team in the top ten that would do a deal for Lawrence that ensures Ed Oliver Jr., take it. Don't think do it.

I am from NOLA and live in the Houston area...he was a beast in high school and he has a way of elevating players and intensity around him of players. Not many true freshman can play DT in college or start at DT and play at All American Outland Trophy level. That is why that idiot Major Applewhite was fired. Houston had never had a 5 star recurit until Ed Oliver Jr. Ticking off a potential top 5 draft pick alumni that was Houston breed was not a good look for a program on the rise. Cowboys do not want to be the next Major Applewhite that does not value him as a player.

Everybody knows about his pro day. But go watch his freshman and sophomore tape when he played 4/3 DT. He is real deal can't miss player you can cornerstone your defense with that the Cowboys has not had since Lilly, White, and Maryland/Lett.

Deal him, of course. Thats the only way to handle him.

But what do you expect ? We wont get more then a high 2nd rounder for him. If we are lucky.

What do you think will teams give away for a seriously injured player who will 99% surley miss the 2019 season. And has a serious back issue. Then underachieved the first three years. Had 8 good games afterwards only to follow with 4 good games the season after but wants to be paid like a top NFL pass rusher.

You'd be happy if teams dont want to get a pick in advance to take him.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Yeah no one thought Dez would fall that far, and we heard nothing about Mo because he wasn't supposed to be in our general vicinity. Whats your point exactly?

We had to move up only 8 spots for mo and 3 for dez.

You’re comparing those scenarios to one where you want a top talent and our best pick is at the end of the second round. There’s a huge difference

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Deal him, of course. Thats the only way to handle him.

But what do you expect ? We wont get more then a high 2nd rounder for him. If we are lucky.

What do you think will teams give away for a seriously injured player who will 99% surley miss the 2019 season. And has a serious back issue. Then underachieved the first three years. Had 8 good games afterwards only to follow with 4 good games the season after but wants to be paid like a top NFL pass rusher.

You'd be happy if teams dont want to get a pick in advance to take him.

So he’s only played 12 good games over the last two seasons?

Thats crazy considering was he literally the second most disruptive overall defender behind Donald and outperformed Mack.

Just imagine if the guy strung more good games together. Also, not sure where this 99% number about him missing the entire season comes from.

CWR

Reaction score
We had to move up only 8 spots for mo and 3 for dez.

You’re comparing those scenarios to one where you want a top talent and our best pick is at the end of the second round. There’s a huge difference

I guess you missed my point entirely. Those guys we only had to move up a few spots for were also supposed to be "top talents."

If you read my post I said the draft is a strange animal. Meaning crazy things happen, studs rise and fall each year. Thats all I meant.

I also said we have almost NO CHANCE.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
this team doesn't value DT's nor Safeties for that matter....why people fail to see this is beyond me.
Our three targets last draft were DT Vita Vea, S Derwin James, and LB LVE. Idk if we devalue a position we tried to spend a first on last year. We also tried to trade a 2nd rounder for a safety.

Kinda an outdated ideology

risco

Reaction score

Certain players are can't miss pro bowlers out of college John Elway, Andrew Luck, Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Todd Gurley, Zeke, Lawrence Taylor, Tony Dorsett, and the next Randy White....Ed Oliver Jr.

I can find another Demarcus Lawrence. But, Ed Oliver Jr. who busted up OU as college football true freshman is can't miss. When you come out of high school hyped as a DL then bust on the college seen living up to the hype, then extending the hype, you are a special talent. 6-2-285, 4.7 40yd, 36" vert, 32 reps 225, with a 4.19 SS is physically awesome like Randy White out of college. But having +50, +60 and +70 tackles for the DT position is wrecking crew awesome. He's got LA NFL bloodlines (Dad was RB at NELU). Also, he plays RDT in a 4/3 D. That is the 3 tech or shade or go knock the QB on his butt position.

If there is a dumb enough team in the top ten that would do a deal for Lawrence that ensures Ed Oliver Jr., take it. Don't think do it.

I am from NOLA and live in the Houston area...he was a beast in high school and he has a way of elevating players and intensity around him of players. Not many true freshman can play DT in college or start at DT and play at All American Outland Trophy level. That is why that idiot Major Applewhite was fired. Houston had never had a 5 star recurit until Ed Oliver Jr. Ticking off a potential top 5 draft pick alumni that was Houston breed was not a good look for a program on the rise. Cowboys do not want to be the next Major Applewhite that does not value him as a player.

Everybody knows about his pro day. But go watch his freshman and sophomore tape when he played 4/3 DT. He is real deal can't miss player you can cornerstone your defense with that the Cowboys has not had since Lilly, White, and Maryland/Lett.
You can find? Are you sure?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So he’s only played 12 good games otver the last two seasons?

Thats crazy considering was he literally the second most disruptive overall defender behind Donald and outperformed Mack.

Just imagine if the guy strung more good games together. Also, not sure where this 99% number about him missing the entire season comes from.
then how was he 18th in Sacks and 41st in Forced Fumbles

Verdict

Reaction score

I love another Tank thread. Thank you. Lol

TwentyOne

Reaction score
So he’s only played 12 good games over the last two seasons?

To compare him to Mack is unfair IMO. Mack is a game changer and a great player. Dlaw is a good LDE.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence seems to be ruthlessly committed to getting the self-serving amount that he somehow thinks he's entitled to. He's evidently hellbent upon doing so, regardless of what's obviously in the best interest of himself and the team. His agent needs to do whatever it takes to bring him back to reality before he ruins his career and the futures of his team and his teammates as well. Such a foolhardy stance is selfishly inconceivable.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
You can find? Are you sure?
I am 100% positive I can. Most important, I am 100% positive McClay and Marinelli can. Remember Lawrence was a problem child similar to Gregory and McClay and Marinelli "pounded the table" for him (he was suspended from the team 2xs).

We have a way better pro personnel department than the Larry Lacewell days. Tuna got that house in order. Stephen Jones is a believer in pro player personnel evaluators making the difference. Also, Will McClay is from Houston area (went to Rice) and has had his eye on Oliver for a long time. The draft is unpredictable and getting Oliver is a stretch. But it would clear a lot of cap room trading Lawrence and a couple of others for the pick that lands Oliver who would be a beast with a 5 year rookie cap.

However back to reality, with the second round pick the Cowboys will select Nasir Adderley if available and if not it will be draft Ferguson, Simmons or Tillery whoever falls to the 2nd. Adderley is related to Herb Adderley and plays like Earl Thomas. But he played at Delaware and not Texas. He has had a rush rash of injuries (ankle, hamstring all in the last 3 months) that allow teams to pass so he may fall.