Trade Discussion rumors: Earl Thomas to Cowboys

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have immense power, but I'm a beneficent overlord. I don't want you guys seeing me banning fools and then getting stressed out that you might be next.

Though, seriously, you might be next. Watch your back.
I know I might! That's why I stopped saying Garrett Sucks!!! Lol

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yep, I can absolutely see that scenario happening if this trade goes down this way.
How far would we have to trade down in the first to pick up a second round pick, and where would that second round pick be? Those are the questions that only time can answer.

kumizi

Reaction score
If they are giving up a 2, trade it for a younger cheaper player like James. It is not that complicated.
wait wut...this is straight up incorrect

If they trade a 2 for ET, they are still getting a starter with their pick at 19.

If they trade a 2 for James, they'd have to include 19 and are only getting one player.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
How far would we have to trade down in the first to pick up a second round pick, and where would that second round pick be? Those are the questions that only time can answer.

I dont think we can get a 2 from this years draft unless someone is desperate.

Verdict

Reaction score
The good news is, you aren't going anywhere.
The bad news is, the franchise tender for a moderator at CZ is 'a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.'

It's funny that you say that. We used to use the phrase "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye" --a lot. One morning we said it about a dozen times over various things on our way to the deer woods to hunt whitetail deer.

Later that morning one of the guys literally returned having literally stuck a small sharp tree branch in the white part of his eye. It was ironic, but not really funny, if you know what I mean.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
he is 29 they are going to extend him for 5 years and give up pick 50?

People should be fired for that.
He said 3-5 years. I'm not for the trade, but I think it's 50-50 on happening. Players play until they're 33-34 all the time.

Verdict

Reaction score
Your way gets us Derwin James.
Trading a second gets us ET and whoever we pick with the 1.

I don't like the idea of trading the 2 but your idea is worse.

Thomas is less likely to bust, but would cost us a lot more money.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny that you say that. We used to use the phrase "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye" --a lot. One morning we said it about a dozen times over various things on our way to the deer woods to hunt whitetail deer.

Later that morning one of the guys literally returned having literally stuck a small sharp tree branch in the white part of his eye. It was ironic, but not really funny, if you know what I mean.

Jesus.

I'm putting on my safety goggles.

Bizwah

Reaction score
wait wut...this is straight up incorrect

If they trade a 2 for ET, they are still getting a starter with their pick at 19.

If they trade a 2 for James, they'd have to include 19 and are only getting one player.

But with James, you get a player for 7-10 years.

How many years does ET have left? 2? 3? 4?