Trade Discussion rumors: Earl Thomas to Cowboys

lukin2006

Reaction score
I've been listening to a sports show on Sirius ... and they have not mentioned any trades.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Thomas will sign if he wants to be a Cowboy.

This would help the cowboys secondary for the deep high safety centerfielder they covet .
Plus the veteran leadership. This is what the Dr ordered

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No confirmation. Do not post trade talk as a done deal unless there is confirmation of same by a reputable source.

Proof

Reaction score
Wait and watch that's all I can tell you

ESPN is responding same thing

Earl Thomas - DB - Seahawks
ESPN's Dan Graziano reports trade talks between the Cowboys and Seahawks for Earl Thomas "centered around" the No. 50 overall pick.

Graziano's reporting suggests the Seahawks are happy with the compensation, but Dallas will not pull the trigger unless they know they can sign Thomas to an extension. Considering Thomas told Jason Garrett to "come get me" after a game in December, it seems like he is amenable to a long-term deal with Dallas. It would not be surprising to see the All-Pro safety moved during the draft.
Related: Cowboys

Source: ESPN

We all know that though, your post / thread asserted it was official. That's why people are losing it. This has been discussed specifically already, at length.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I will not allow the Hawks to hold Dallas Hostage for that 2nd rounder. NO WAY!! I would counter with a 3rd and a player..and that's it. We need those picks up high.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Everything I've read links back to the Graziano post on ESPN that was out @ 9am EST today.

'Five NFL players who could be traded before the 2018 draft ends'

RIP OP

Xavier187

Reaction score
They have ent announced it yet because it hinges on Thomas signing the long term deal.

This is all that holds it up.
Stay tuned for more insider info.

Also pay attention to Vea if he is in striking distance Dallas will jump for him

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I thought talks had broke. Thats why I thought the alert was significant.

The OP is claiming the Cowboys have agreed to send the 50th pick to Seattle for Thomas. So far no one but the OP is reporting that and he provided no proof.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
With our history of 2nd rounders and their non success I'm ok with getting him if the price is right.

He's a proven. Even a " consensus" starter from the draftniks often doesn't live up to the billing

Rayman70

Reaction score
Pick 50 is too much and I am an ET fan. Sweet spot of this draft is 20-60.
Agree. Essentially would would be trading away Anthony Miller at 50 for Earl Thomas..and man..I just cannot see clear to do that. Its too much.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
This has been on ESPN since 8 am...not much new there except the Seahawks appear to be coming down from their 1st and 3rd request which we knew would happen....obviously no agreement....yet.

Earl Thomas, S, Seattle Seahawks

There’s a sense around the league that the Dallas Cowboys aren’t done making a push for Thomas, who’d fill a major need on their defense. Two sources said the trade discussions between Seattle and Dallas have centered around the Cowboys’ second-round pick (No. 50 overall) but that no deal will be done until the Cowboys figure out whether they can sign Thomas long term. Thomas has one year and $8.5 million left on his contract, which would make him a great deal for the 2018 Cowboys. But dealing a second-rounder for a one-year rental wouldn’t make a lot of sense. If a deal gets struck, expect news of a Thomas contract extension with Dallas to follow.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...who-could-be-dealt-before-2018-nfl-draft-ends

Jipper

Reaction score
They have ent announced it yet because it hinges on Thomas signing the long term deal.

This is all that holds it up.
Stay tuned for more insider info.

Also pay attention to Vea if he is in striking distance Dallas will jump for him

With our 2nd gone we might not have the anmo

aikemirv

Reaction score
4/26: The Cowboys and Seahawks are discussing a trade for Earl Thomas, centered around the No. 50 pick. - Dan Graziano, ESPNReports indicate that the only thing holding this trade up is Dallas needing assurance that it can sign Thomas to a long-term deal. Considering Thomas begged the Dallas coaching staff to acquire him after the penultimate game of the year, the Cowboys should feel pretty confident they can get a contract done. -Walter

Read more: http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/nflrumors/teamdraft/17-32#ixzz5DoP2pqtp

Theres multiple sources saying such.
There supposedly getting in touch with Thomas as we speak to talk with Dallas to sign long term deal

We are that stupid!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO at the march on the castle with pitchforks, torches and scythes and that last one would be my choice. The poster just signed in and put that up, think he cares about getting banned?

Y'all need to back off and cool down, you are just wound too tight and overreacting.

Source? Source? Source ? Source? Source? Source? LMAO, this is too funny. Ban him! Ban him for life! Ban him, kill him, resurrect him and ban him again!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The OP is claiming the Cowboys have agreed to send the 50th pick to Seattle for Thomas. So far no one but the OP is reporting that and he provided no proof.

he is just misunderstanding graziano's report from this morning.