Trade Down

Cebrin

Reaction score
It would be nice to see them invest at DT. If they can get the best interior dlineman of the draft, they should take it. They need a disruptive force in the middle of the line more than CB. They weren't getting picked apart last year as much as they were getting ran over.
Agree, and there's a thug in the middle that isn't named Barmore. He'll fall, and if we're smart we reach a bit for him.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Unless a starting T or Pitts is there at 10, I'm trading down. ...
What are your thoughts? I'm insanely excited for tomorrow guys. There's a lot of talent on the defense this year. This is the rare moment I'm optimistic. I'm just scared about getting QB2 in the draft. It's a glaring issue.

Trading down is not easy we need a trade partner with right amount of trade cash . Of course ,if that happens its well and good, we need CB/ FS/ LB premium player in round 1.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Which position is deeper in this draft- DT or CB?
CB is a lot deeper than you think. Everyone is evaluating us taking a first for a DB 2?! I think Diggs has the 1, and will just get better. There's a lot of depth a CB. Kelvin Joseph, and St Juste are two I'd take in the middle.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Trading down is not easy we need a trade partner with right amount of trade cash . Of course ,if that happens its well and good, we need CB/ FS/ LB premium player in round 1.
Deep draft for CB and LB. Our LB needs are on run downs, not purely coverage. That can be found in KJ Britt (who will fall). FS is my trade down aim. Grab Moehrig.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Deep draft for CB and LB. Our LB needs are on run downs, not purely coverage. That can be found in KJ Britt (who will fall). FS is my trade down aim. Grab Moehrig.
Draft Parsons and you get a player that can play 3 positions he is a hybrid LB that can play corner and safety Could make a dam good kick returner with 4.39 speed Best player in the draft

Cebrin

Reaction score
It would be nice to see them invest at DT. If they can get the best interior dlineman of the draft, they should take it. They need a disruptive force in the middle of the line more than CB. They weren't getting picked apart last year as much as they were getting ran over.
Barmore is too up and down to take early. I think Marvin Wilson is just as good, and will fall.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I'm fine with a trade down depending on how the board falls before 10. If Surtain and Horn are there and if one of the very high premium offensive players somehow fell I 100% feel they should entertain offers for a few steps back. I'd be fine with Horn a bit farther back at the cost of Surtain. I'd also be happy, depending on the pick haul, of Christian Barmore a bit father back as long as DB got addressed in the 2nd.

There's a lot of good draft capital to spend and the defensive talent is going to go a bit later in this draft. It could be a good time to stockpile picks and play hot and heavy in the 2nd and 3rd.
Personally, for CB 2 I don't see the drop off from from Surtain, Horn, Joseph, to be so huge you would throw a 10 at it.

Cebrin

Reaction score
We already have plenty of draft capital, it's just pure greed that would drive a person to trade down for more. There is plenty of talent available at the 10th pick so make a selection.
Not greed, need. They rhyme though.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Draft Parsons and you get a player that can play 3 positions he is a hybrid LB that can play corner and safety Could make a dam good kick returner with 4.39 speed Best player in the draft
Regardless of the quit here, we have two talented LBs. They can cover, and run sidelines. When they're forced to play Mike it creates a weakness. I'd love KJ Britt in late rounds to fill the run downs.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Regardless of the quit here, we have two talented LBs. They can cover, and run sidelines. When they're forced to play Mike it creates a weakness. I'd love KJ Britt in late rounds to fill the run downs.
I would love KJ Britt in the later rounds But the best draft pick the Cowboys could take is Parsons round 1 if they can trade down and still get him that would be even better But if he is there at # 10 it is time to pull the trigger and draft him

Cebrin

Reaction score
I would love KJ Britt in the later rounds But the best draft pick the Cowboys could take is Parsons round 1 if they can trade down and still get him that would be even better But if he is there at # 10 it is time to pull the trigger and draft him
He's be one of the few prospects that if dropped to 10 I'd have to think twice. I don't think he'll be there. Parsons, Sewell, Slater, Pitts. Top 10.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I like Moehrig too, but at which position ?

Cebrin

Reaction score
I like Moehrig too, but at which position ?
He, and Wilson are both fluid. I'd play him at FS, because I trust Wilson more as a tackle guy. Upside, Wilson can also cover. I'm grabbing him at or after 20 though. Good value, and you get extra picks.