Trade Down

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Cause Surtain looks like a tall robot that's stiff when the ball is in the air.

He's going to be good but he's the type of corner this franchises fans always ends up hating.

Horns going to be on TV barking at guys and making plays while Surtain is just a guy that nobody ever thinks about cause he never does anything.

Lets have some fun for a change at that position and get a guy that's super talented and a risk taker.

The use of 'fun' indicates you're a fan of the highlight reel player. Assuming that Horn's already taken and there's only Surtain or Parsons at 10, which one do you take?

conner01

Reaction score
I think it's probable he drops. At least I hope. His production dropped off last season, but that was really Florida's fault. They ran a lot of 3 man fronts, and he's not built for that.
At 44 I’d sure take a shot at him
I’d love to find a way to keep our second and our original 3rd and 4th while adding another top half second round pick
That gets you 5 players in the top 4 rounds, 3 in the top 2
I’d trade everything else I had to get there and even a future pick if I had too
A 6th or 7th round pick has a lesser chance of developing than a UDFA does
Give me 5 really good prospects and I’m happy
If we draft 9 or 10 players this week it’s a real mistake

LittleD

Reaction score
Barrimore is a decent prospect but certainly not worth a top 10 pick
Why target a top 20 player when there will be top 10 players who can be had at a position of need
A DT in the second I think is one of 3 possibilities along with safety and LB
Maybe if we could add another second somehow we might get 2 of the 3
Everyone wants a better DT but you can’t get what’s not there

You need to do some homework and film study. He was not a full time player. Scouts report from Bama coaches that he has to be baby sat and does limited study. Not a Cowboy BPA at any level in the first 2 rounds.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think safety is deep enough that you can pick another position in round 1, and still get a good safety later on. This draft is thin at LB after round 1 Trade down in 1, and up in 2 to get a CB - LB combo, excellent BPA's at both spots! DT and S in round 3, if the talent is still there. Otherwise, BPA.

Agree. The value for us in this draft class may be the talent in the 2nd/3rd round. This above all other drafts: with no combine, no team invites and Covid holdouts has made choices more of a lottery.....we just need as many tickets as we can get our hands on.

Shane612

Reaction score

What manner of idiot sh*theaded subversive r u ,anyway there Shane?

"Cow -girls"? SERIOUSLY? Here in Castle Dallas you spew that, , reckon ,it just goes to show that my instincts /under the wire sapper detector has been operationally spot on concerning you since day one,,,What a Maroon:thumbdown:
Well, it's good to know that there are people like you who love cow-girls football more than life itself.

conner01

Reaction score
You need to do some homework and film study. He was not a full time player. Scouts report from Bama coaches that he has to be baby sat and does limited study. Not a Cowboy BPA at any level in the first 2 rounds.
I think Barrimore is worth a shot in second
But no DT in this draft is a real impact player to me
I don’t know that he would be BPA at 44 but I think the talent is worth a shot there myself
I think at 44 the real talent will be at safety or LB but that’s just a prediction
There are safeties and LB some project to be there that I’d take over any DT in this draft

Loso86

Reaction score
Unless a starting T or Pitts is there at 10, I'm trading down. Plenty of big bodies for 1 & 3 techs in later rds, as well as depth at LB, Edge, and CB2.

In most of my fools gold mocks I wind up trading down, and taking Moehrig near 20, and stacking big needs in later rds.

What are your thoughts? I'm insanely excited for tomorrow guys. There's a lot of talent on the defense this year. This is the rare moment I'm optimistic. I'm just scared about getting QB2 in the draft. It's a glaring issue.
Only way I trade down is if Horn and Surtain is there at 10 pr if the Patriots give me 15 and gilmore. Others I'm not passing up on CB1. Pitts and Sewell won't likely be there anyway

Cebrin

Reaction score
Only way I trade down is if Horn and Surtain is there at 10 pr if the Patriots give me 15 and gilmore. Others I'm not passing up on CB1. Pitts and Sewell won't likely be there anyway
That's not an awful idea :thumbup:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Why? Jerry gets bent over on every trade we have made since Hershel Walker ....... Just pick bpa and go to training camp.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Trading down is not easy we need a trade partner with right amount of trade cash . Of course ,if that happens its well and good, we need CB/ FS/ LB premium player in round 1.
I'd take a 1 and 2 to go down between 10, and 20. I'd bet Barmore and Moehrig will still be there, and you get extra capital in the following rd. There's some teams I'm betting that will be willing to reach up that are in need of QB.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Draft Parsons and you get a player that can play 3 positions he is a hybrid LB that can play corner and safety Could make a dam good kick returner with 4.39 speed Best player in the draft
I have a hard time believing he'll be there at 10, but I'm with you. I'd take him over either corner.

Cebrin

Reaction score
CB
What position is void of talent? DT
I don’t think there is a real belief from scouts that any of the DT’s in this draft are real impact players
If there was they would be going so late
Every team wants an impact DT but they are difficult to find and have a high bust rate
And that’s in normal years
This is a really bad dline draft and that’s why you don’t see any in the top 10 and may not in the top half
There isn't any that I'd take in the first 3 rds. Maybe 4 or after. They all need some polish, but would still be an upgrade over the turds stinking up our front 4.

Cebrin

Reaction score
What round do you think he will go in?

If he doesn't fall to 4 or 5, I'd hard pass. He's got a high ceiling I think, but needs some coaching. He pretty much 100 bull rushes, because he's used to getting by with his strength, and size. He'll have to learn some other moves to be better in the passing game.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Unless a starting T or Pitts is there at 10, I'm trading down. Plenty of big bodies for 1 & 3 techs in later rds, as well as depth at LB, Edge, and CB2.

In most of my fools gold mocks I wind up trading down, and taking Moehrig near 20, and stacking big needs in later rds.

What are your thoughts? I'm insanely excited for tomorrow guys. There's a lot of talent on the defense this year. This is the rare moment I'm optimistic. I'm just scared about getting QB2 in the draft. It's a glaring issue.
Yes

blueblood70

Reaction score

with ho and for what, how far down?..have to have partner and too far down could cost us talent..ahs to be prefect scenario

NE might be game

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Please do

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Yes!!!!!