Signed by Cowboys Trade - DT Jihad Ward from Raiders (for Ryan Switzer)

drawandstrike

Reaction score
He wasn't hurt last year. I'm an Oakland fan. He was a healthy scratch almost the entire season. I like your team. I think you guys did well in the draft but Ward can't play.

Oh? So this report about his injured foot, people just invented that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad_Ward

"Ward was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the second round (44th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft, after dropping because he had a knee injury that was expected to require arthroscopic surgery.[7] He didn't participate much in organized team activities during the offseason. Ward finished his rookie season with 30 tackles in 16 games (13 starts) and wasn't very effective.

On July 6, 2017, it was revealed that he had surgery on his left foot after injuring during a workout, putting him out of action until mid-August.[8] The injury limited him during the season, playing in only 5 games and was declared inactive in 10 contests."

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Never understood the reasoning behind drafting Switzer in the first place.
We'll see how all this new WR blood works out. It will also be interesting to see if our new WR coach can make this work.

RandyOh

Reaction score

"Ward was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the second round (44th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft, after dropping because he had a knee injury that was expected to require arthroscopic surgery.[7] He didn't participate much in organized team activities during the offseason. Ward finished his rookie season with 30 tackles in 16 games (13 starts) and wasn't very effective.

On July 6, 2017, it was revealed that he had surgery on his left foot after injuring during a workout, putting him out of action until mid-August.[8] The injury limited him during the season, playing in only 5 games and was declared inactive in 10 contests."
im sure you figured it out but its just a troll that signed up to try and stir up trouble with the trade. probably saw how the board reacted to the trade.

kgredin1

Reaction score

Jihad Ward was a healthy scratch 10 of 15 games he was physically available in 2017. Inactive doesn't mean he was hurt it means he didn't play. He doesn't do anything very well. He's not good at the point of attack and he doesn't rush the passer well. He had 1.5 sacks his last season at Illinois, and he has a .5 sacks in the NFL.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
All I know is that Gruden made it a point to single him out as soon as he took over the team.

He identified players that were loafing, were distractions and/or were using injuries as a crutch and he has systematically got rid of them.

If he took over the team and immediately formed an impression about Ward, that is not really a good thing.

reddyuta

Reaction score
All I know is that Gruden made it a point to single him out as soon as he took over the team.

He identified players that were loafing, were distractions and/or were using injuries as a crutch and he has systematically got rid of them.

If he took over the team and immediately formed an impression about Ward, that is not really a good thing.

He also cut one of the best punters in the game for no reason.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He had a reason. He identified him as a distraction and didn't like him.

how is he a distraction? him celebrating after a good punt is a distraction? i feel Gruden has jumped the shark already.

kgredin1

Reaction score
im sure you figured it out but its just a troll that signed up to try and stir up trouble with the trade. probably saw how the board reacted to the trade.
Not trying to stir up trouble at all. Just enjoying chatting football. Jihad Ward was available to play in 15 games and he played in 5. Hopefully the light goes on for him and you guys benefit from that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't like it at all they should have game them T-will.

I doubt Gruden wanted a body catching WR that constantly tips balls right into defenders hands.

I doubt we could get a bag of Doritos right now for Twill, other teams watch film also.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm not crying over Switzer - I'm glad we made this trade.
But the "we have Bease" line makes me chuckle. He's a little nothing dude who caught 36 passes last season. :muttley:

And you're dismissing the year before. Dak was not a good QB last year at least not consistently. He, the offensive play calling, defense double teaming Beasley (because Dez couldn't beat single coverage and run routes well) were the reasons for his poor year. He didn't change.