Signed by Cowboys Trade - DT Jihad Ward from Raiders (for Ryan Switzer)

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Lol didn't everyone hate Switzer? Like, tf? Could've swore everyone hated him lmao. Not sure what he did to make people think otherwise. We have Bease, don't know why people are trippin. People wannatalk about getting Dak WRs he can be comfortable with, but would rather have Switzer over beasly? Expect beasly to put up numbers next season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Her's my 2 cents. They should have kept Switzer and traded Beasley. Beasley had his on good year and tams caught on to him. They figured out how to stop him and they basically shut him down last year. Switzer seems a little better once he has the football where Beasley was slight and easy to tackle. Switzer appears to have a little more top end speed although I didn't see him as a burner. Switzer is only in his second year contract wise where Beasley is coming up on his option year. I always thought they would let Beasley go in free agency and Switzer would move into his spot.

Its done now so what we think doesn;t really matter. But it will not surprise me if Switzer has a good year with the Raiders. I think "Chuckie" made it clear he liked Switzer a lot when he called the Cowboys games.

Actually, they didn't really figure Beasley out. They figured out that he was the true receiving threat on our offense after 2016, so they gambled that Dez couldn't beat them, Williams couldn't beat them and Witten couldn't beat them by bracket covering Beasley.

If our other receivers or tight ends can't make them pay for that or Dak can't consistently hit the downfield throws, then teams will take away Beasley again. If they open things up to where Beasley faces single coverage, he'll go back to tearing things up underneath. Teams are going to take him away, though, until we prove that we can make them pay for it. ... I'm not sure at this point that we have the talent at WR and TE to do that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Folks shouldn't hold their breath on Ward. Raiders were all but glad to find a suitor for a trade.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’m so confused today. Yesterday I was fired about our picks. Today I felt we were 50/50 while trading for a slot guy, drafting a slot guy and then trading a a lot guy. My hope is Yr 1 Dak was comfortable spreading the call. Yr 2 was not as good as we forced to Dez more. Now we have a ton of different guys.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jones played 1 technique for us last year and was far superior to Price. Just saying. I won’t be surprised if they see Ward as a 1 technique.

They threw Jones in there but I don't think he played anywhere near price. He was fine until the OL got their hands on him and then he got pushed around far too easily.

kgredin1

Reaction score
Wrong.

He started 13 games his rookie year and got hurt last year.
He wasn't hurt last year. I'm an Oakland fan. He was a healthy scratch almost the entire season. I like your team. I think you guys did well in the draft but Ward can't play.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Lol

Wah wah wah we need a DT this FO sucks for not getting one.

Wah wah wah they traded a fourth or fifth strength WR with limited athletic ability who showed nothing for a DT.

You guys... Come on...

Tavon Austin >>> Switzer all day

kgredin1

Reaction score
My friend a Raiders fan is laughing at Dallas. Saying the guy is junk and garbage.

This makes me mad. I saw hope in Switzer
Your friend is correct. The Raiders had no talent at DT and Ward was a healthy scratch most of the season.

sideon

Reaction score
Lol didn't everyone hate Switzer? Like, tf? Could've swore everyone hated him lmao. Not sure what he did to make people think otherwise. We have Bease, don't know why people are trippin. People wannatalk about getting Dak WRs he can be comfortable with, but would rather have Switzer over beasly? Expect beasly to put up numbers next season.
Did you not see Beasley last year? Dak has just about as much chemistry with him as he did with Dez:laugh:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Again with the throwaway line. We get that you don't like the coaching staff. I get that you cannot articulate anything much to back it up.

I will back it up like this.....
Garrett is 67-53, 1-2 in playoffs. Linehan was 11-25 with no playoff appearances as a head coach. Marinelli was 10-38 with no playoff appearances as a head coach. The Cowboys are the greatest sports franchise in the world and they deserve better staff than what they currently have. I have been a Cowboys fan for over 40 years and I want great coaching that utilize their players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He never even got a legit shot to be a WR. Our staff is clueless how to utilize the players they have. Can't really do anything as a WR when you aren't getting the reps and playing time you need. Especially with so many targets going to Dez and Witten. With them 2 now gone, I thought Switzer would be able to be used more. And now we trade him after just drafting him last year?

With Beasley here Switzer was never going to get a legit shot. I was at training camp this past summer and the Cowboys were lining up Beasley and Switzer together. They obviously had some packages planned with them together on the field but it didn’t work out. Your best receivers are going to get the most targets. Switzer did get some opportunities but didn’t do much with them. With the logjam we had at receiver someone had to go. I know many wanted to get rid of Beasley which would have been stupid after cutting Dez and with Witten likely to retire.

We couldn’t enter the 2018 season without our top three receivers and Beasley is our best third down receiver. He’s the only security blanket Dak has. Getting a DT in exchange for Switzer was a good move in my opinion. That’s a position of need. It’s not like we gave up a one or a two for Switzer, he was a fourth round pick and we got another young player in exchange for him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lol didn't everyone hate Switzer? Like, tf? Could've swore everyone hated him lmao. Not sure what he did to make people think otherwise. We have Bease, don't know why people are trippin.

I'm not crying over Switzer - I'm glad we made this trade.
But the "we have Bease" line makes me chuckle. He's a little nothing dude who caught 36 passes last season. :muttley: