Trade for Andy Dalton

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know the word is there is little concern about Dak's calf strain according to the owners and Dak himself, but calf strains do take time to heal and can easily light up again if the player returns to early from recovering.

Since Dak's mobility is an important part of his game I feel like there is risk in bringing Dak back against the Vikings and usually it takes even a week or 2 after that for a player to be in the clear from reinjuring the calf.

Which is why I feel like we need to upgrade the QB2 position. It seems best to play it safe and keep Dak out at least 1 week after the bye, if not 2. And even if Dak is good to go against Minnesota, I think it's still a good idea to trade for a legit back up. Dak plays a physical game and there are still 11 games left in the regular season. Plus Dallas are serious contenders for the #1 seed and a 1st round bye. Having Cooper Rush potentially start any game puts this team at a disadvantage and could lead to losses in games he might start.

With the trade deadline coming up next week, Andy Dalton is a good trade candidate and the Bears should be looking to sell. They've clearly committed to Fields and have no 1st round pick next season or 4th rounder after trading with the Giants to take their QB.

I say, why not send a 4th rounder to Chicago to get Dalton and insurance at back up QB. Dalton is familiar with the playbook and played decent in Dallas last year considering the oline he had protecting him.

This team should be all in for a Superbowl run.

Bring Andy Dalton back to Dallas.
not 4th a 5th or 6tgh they dont need him and most likely would part ways given salrys etc..they have foles..either that take foles off their hands or go get Cam.. he should be healthy and wont cost any picks..I dont think cam comes here knowing hes not the starter..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Someone trolled a post yesterday with this. It's not a bad idea.

He can be had for a leftover bag of popcorn at AT&T Stadium. He knows the offense. I assuming he's an upgrade over Cooper Rush who I just haven't seen play much at all.

This is one of those moves I would entrust with the people who were behind the scenes last year. I don't know what the chemistry was with Dalton and if we'd have a huge setback bringing him back.

And I don't know what the faith is in Cooper Rush. Most of me wants to say no, we're a team moving forward, but I would only consider it because QB is so vital.
I wouldnt be against it..for those reasons..

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Dak is that bad I’m bringing in Cam and letting Moore trick this thing up to a power running RPO football team. He would be cheap and would score a lot of TD’s running the football. Just enough to keep it afloat for a week or so.
Cam may not want to be here man , hes waiting for starter to go down for the season and he can play a lot of games..not sure hes coming in as Backup to dak..fill in for one game and mop up game 17 isn't his style..its why hes still available..hes lurking for solid chance at playing the rest of the season..

every player available doesn't just say yes to Dallas..lol

Dalton likes dallas it his home and hes good player with healthy team around him..he doesn't mind being a backup and bet would luv to come back, thats who i want here not someone with aspirations to start and settles for dallas..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the word is there is little concern about Dak's calf strain according to the owners and Dak himself, but calf strains do take time to heal and can easily light up again if the player returns to early from recovering.

Since Dak's mobility is an important part of his game I feel like there is risk in bringing Dak back against the Vikings and usually it takes even a week or 2 after that for a player to be in the clear from reinjuring the calf.

Which is why I feel like we need to upgrade the QB2 position. It seems best to play it safe and keep Dak out at least 1 week after the bye, if not 2. And even if Dak is good to go against Minnesota, I think it's still a good idea to trade for a legit back up. Dak plays a physical game and there are still 11 games left in the regular season. Plus Dallas are serious contenders for the #1 seed and a 1st round bye. Having Cooper Rush potentially start any game puts this team at a disadvantage and could lead to losses in games he might start.

With the trade deadline coming up next week, Andy Dalton is a good trade candidate and the Bears should be looking to sell. They've clearly committed to Fields and have no 1st round pick next season or 4th rounder after trading with the Giants to take their QB.

I say, why not send a 4th rounder to Chicago to get Dalton and insurance at back up QB. Dalton is familiar with the playbook and played decent in Dallas last year considering the oline he had protecting him.

This team should be all in for a Superbowl run.

Bring Andy Dalton back to Dallas.
The only problem with this, is that he would bring Pappy with him! Lol

Aven8

Reaction score
Cam may not want to be here man , hes waiting for starter to go down for the season and he can play a lot of games..not sure hes coming in as Backup to dak..fill in for one game and mop up game 17 isn't his style..its why hes still available..hes lurking for solid chance at playing the rest of the season..

every player available doesn't just say yes to Dallas..lol

Dalton likes dallas it his home and hes good player with healthy team around him..he doesn't mind being a backup and bet would luv to come back, thats who i want here not someone with aspirations to start and settles for dallas..

I’ve seen Dalton and no thanks. I sure as hell am not trading picks for him. If I’m trading I’m going for Foles.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’ve seen Dalton and no thanks. I sure as hell am not trading picks for him. If I’m trading I’m going for Foles.
sorry when he had an actual OL, run game, and defense hes ONE of the ebst backups. Sorry hes actually started the season in CHI but got dinged and well he got pipped for the future..

he can be a solid backup on this team..

IMO a great option..

blueblood70

Reaction score
honestly this is true
sorry man but the can afford a 6th/7th round for solid backup not having one could cost them games THIS YEAR..you dont worry about 2022 or 2023 6th/7th rounders knowing they wil be very low picks when we are playing well.

waving monkey

Reaction score
sorry man but the can afford a 6th/7th round for solid backup not having one could cost them games THIS YEAR..you dont worry about 2022 or 2023 6th/7th rounders knowing they wil be very low picks when we are playing well.
I was agreeing with you but I can see Im not so clear in intent

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was agreeing with you but I can see Im not so clear in intent
umm keep up

"With the way the cowboys have been drafting I wouldn’t be trading any draft capital. Regardless of round." them
"honestly this is true" you

Me

Sorry man but the can afford a 6th/7th round for solid backup not having one could cost them games THIS YEAR..you dont worry about 2022 or 2023 6th/7th rounders knowing they will be very low picks when we are playing well.

now somehow you are confused by my statement?

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Someone trolled a post yesterday with this. It's not a bad idea.

He can be had for a leftover bag of popcorn at AT&T Stadium. He knows the offense. I assuming he's an upgrade over Cooper Rush who I just haven't seen play much at all.

This is one of those moves I would entrust with the people who were behind the scenes last year. I don't know what the chemistry was with Dalton and if we'd have a huge setback bringing him back.

And I don't know what the faith is in Cooper Rush. Most of me wants to say no, we're a team moving forward, but I would only consider it because QB is so vital.

Yeah, it was me. I proposed a trade for both Mack and Dalton from Chicago. :)

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
You look at some of those successful Dallas teams of the 1990s...

(1) Steve Beurlein absolutely made that 1991 season playoff run possible after Aikman went down. Won the last 5 regular season games, then a WC game in Chicago.

(2) Bernie Kosar played well in the 2nd half of the NFC Championship game in 1993 (Jan 1994).

You never know when you'll need a competent backup QB, especially in a pinch. If this weren't a potential championship team, I wouldn't care. But obviously, this team, in this league today, can make a deep playoff run.

waving monkey

Reaction score
umm keep up

"With the way the cowboys have been drafting I wouldn’t be trading any draft capital. Regardless of round." them
"honestly this is true" you

Me

Sorry man but the can afford a 6th/7th round for solid backup not having one could cost them games THIS YEAR..you dont worry about 2022 or 2023 6th/7th rounders knowing they will be very low picks when we are playing well.

now somehow you are confused by my statement?
its all good Im up

Mr_437

Reaction score
It's Dak or Bust!
Rush/Grier will give you just as much as Dalton, and that's Ls... already seen it.
Try Foles over Dalton.
Also, Cam's accuracy isn't encouraging at all.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Trade for Case Keenum. How does Cleveland have this guy as their backup QB? I'm so jealous.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
It's Dak or Bust!
Rush/Grier will give you just as much as Dalton, and that's Ls... already seen it.
Try Foles over Dalton.

I don't disagree but...

Dalton knows this offense and knows the personnel. He literally can come into Dallas today and start @ Minnesota next Sunday if need be.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's Dak or Bust!
Try Foles over Dalton.
wrong rush is nOT dalton

wow some delusional fans in here..

Mr_437

Reaction score
wrong rush is nOT dalton

wow some delusional fans in here..
I know the difference in talent, however the results will be the same, and if you think Dallas is winning anything with Dalton you're the delusional one.