Trade Parsons

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You can link Twitter comments. If it’s all over Twitter, then let’s see one from someone in the media saying our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. I’ll be waiting. :thumbup:
You can't efficiently search anything on Twitter anymore I'm not digging back weeks

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
so you like being wrong?
I'm not. Numbers are numbers. In week 2 and week 3,

Cowboys Defense Dropback EPA: .653 (worst)
Cowboys Defense Run EPA: .235

Passing Y/A: 13.2
Rushing Y/A: 5.5

The Pass defense is more than twice as bad. The numbers are the numbers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You can't efficiently search anything on Twitter anymore I'm not digging back weeks
You wouldn’t have to dig back weeks if you were telling the truth. Our running game issues have surfaced the last 2 games, especially this past game. You’re just making excuses because what you claim doesn’t exist. There isn’t anyone saying our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. You’re the only one saying that.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You wouldn’t have to dig back weeks if you were telling the truth. Our running game issues have surfaced the last 2 games, especially this past game. You’re just making excuses because what you claim doesn’t exist. There isn’t anyone saying our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. You’re the only one saying that.
Ok fine. Then I'm the only one right.

Which is worse?

Cowboys Defense Dropback EPA: .653

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ok fine. Then I'm the only one right.

Which is worse?

Cowboys Defense Dropback EPA: .653
You really don’t what’s going on if you honestly think that stat means our biggest issue is our pass defense. :rolleyes:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You really don’t what’s going on if you honestly think that stat means our biggest issue is our pass defense. :rolleyes:
The fact that you can't simply answer the question tells me you can't admit that it does.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now what we're saying is the whole defense is a problem you're not seeing it because when teams are ahead they didn't need to use the pass game as much so it just looks to be OK right now it's all broken let's just agree the entire defense is broken I believe that Mike zimmer's defense is a little too complicated or these players feel like they need to do too much something's wrong with their first step in their alignment and their assignments they seem to be going off script the way a receiver would stop his route thinking he wasn't gonna get the ball you know like CD landed in the Green Bay playoff game that nobody wants to talk about he was supposed to finish running his slant and he went up field ball was out ball gets picked 6 blame the quarterback no this is players going off script it's like when a running back sees the holes not there and he stretches it outside sometimes it works or sometimes he loses yards because he went off script right now the whole defense seems to be off script there seem to be playing out of alignment I'm watching some of these videos and some of the things Michael Parsons doing he seems to be trying to do the guys job behind him you know over shown that was his responsibility to fight inside and watch for the play and then react Micha was supposed to seal the end and he doesn't..

So you guys are arguing over nothing the entire defense is broke right now and we need to get it fixed it may start with stopping the run would help but the Saints came out throwing they saw it they looked at something on film and they made a script cause Kubiak knows Mike Zimmer he had a feeling with Mike Zimmer was gonna do and he did the opposite here he was in the head of Mike Zimmer they took the top off this defense that whole first quarter they were throwing the ball I don't know what you were looking at they split our safeties like it was playing a college defense they were a step behind and yes Micah got held on the plane but we can't keep going back to that we don't get calls 'cause there were seven of them missing that game but they did the opposite they started with the passes and they loosened up the defense and then they ran on us the rest of the game so we have problems on all sides of the ball pass rush isn't getting there we're not covering well our safeties aren't doing their jobs everyone seems to be out of alignment there's missed tackles the whole defense is broke right now so arguing over which is worse it's kind of weird..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The fact that you can't simply answer the question tells me you can't admit that it does.
I’ve answered the question multiple times. Your football insight is extremely lacking if you honestly believe our pass defense is a bigger issue than our run defense. If you can’t stop the run it opens up the passing game. We’ve given up long pass plays that were long run after catches. Despite the fact we can’t stop the run, two of the QBs we’ve faced passed for under 200 yards. The most passing yards we’ve given up was 243. The Cowboys have only allowed 4 passing TDs in 3 games. They’ve allowed only 594 passing yards, which is less than 200 yards a game but have given up a WHOPPING 557 rushing yards. The NFL is a passing league and it’s unheard of for a team to give up almost as many rushing yards as passing yards after 3 games. You need to open your eyes and learn the game. If you can’t recognize stopping the run is the Cowboys biggest problem then football isn’t for you.