Trade Parsons

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Once Jerry and Jimmy saw the Cowboys had a bad team in 1989 they traded Herschel Walker. If the season continues to go downhill I would dangle Parsons out there. The Joneses aren’t likely to do that, but you never know what might happen during the offseason if this season turns out to be a real failure. It’s going to take multiple players to fix the DL. We need to fix that and find a high quality RB. Rotating average backs aren’t going to get it done.
Jimmy had the courage to make the Walker trade.
This front office plays its by the book and rarely does anything outside the box.
We have no long term vision other than keep the status quo and stay relevant.
We are doomed as a franchise unless we get a change in leadership.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Him and lamb should have been traded before the season. I believe we could have got 2 firsts and 1 second for Micah and 1 first and 1 second for Cee Dee. That along with our own picks would have given the cowboys 7 picks in the top 64 in 2025
Trading first round draft picks is increasingly rare in the NFL. 2nd round picks involved in trades happen less often than in the past. Lamb and Parsons will not garner a first round pick in trade unless it involves the Cowboys swapping their first in a deal. Draft pick hauls are a fan’s fantasy, anymore. If Lamb and Parsons were worth what you’re suggesting why would the Cowboys want to part with them? All the reasons the Cowboys would be willing to move on from them are the reasons no team would trade significant draft capital to acquire them.

JustChip

Reaction score
I'm not against trading Parsons, but the idea that he is a defensive liability is just wrong. He is probably the best defensive player on the team so far this year.
I agree, but it takes more than 1 player. It’s more a waste of Micah than him being a liability. It’s a Kahlil Mack type thing to me.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I agree, but it takes more than 1 player. It’s more a waste of Micah than him being a liability. It’s a Kahlil Mack type thing to me.
And from that perspective I think it makes some sense if you can get multiple high picks, I just don't think the defense is lacking talent to that degree. If we can get to just an average level of play out of the DT and LB positions this is a legitimate top 5 unit. Its just been another year when Jerry went bargain hunting on positions that really dont break the bank in free agency to begin with.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Go ahead. This board, almost in its entirety, has been wrong about the problems on the defense since the LAR playoff game.
If you think the board along with everyone in the media is wrong about the problems on our defense that have been beyond obvious then football isn’t for you. You believe everyone is wrong about the defense but you. You believe our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Kumala808

Reaction score
Stop. It's not him. Watch the tape. Guys are not sticking to their assignment. We have guys trying to be superman

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trading first round draft picks is increasingly rare in the NFL. 2nd round picks involved in trades happen less often than in the past. Lamb and Parsons will not garner a first round pick in trade unless it involves the Cowboys swapping their first in a deal. Draft pick hauls are a fan’s fantasy, anymore. If Lamb and Parsons were worth what you’re suggesting why would the Cowboys want to part with them? All the reasons the Cowboys would be willing to move on from them are the reasons no team would trade significant draft capital to acquire them.
Parsons is a waste of talent in Dallas. He has been exposed and nuetralized by running the ball and double teaming him. Our "GM" has done nothing to compliment him and expects him to do it by himself.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Stop. It's not him. Watch the tape. Guys are not sticking to their assignment. We have guys trying to be superman
You might want to go watch some tape....#11 was the biggest hack on Sunday....blowing multiple assignments...then dogging it. Honestly...the guy hasn't given 100% all season. Not once....

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Parsons is a waste of talent in Dallas. He has been exposed and nuetralized by running the ball and double teaming him. Our "GM" has done nothing to compliment him and expects him to do it by himself.
I’m afraid that is an accurate assessment.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
If you think the board along with everyone in the media is wrong about the problems on our defense that have been beyond obvious then football isn’t for you. You believe everyone is wrong about the defense but you. You believe our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. :rolleyes: :facepalm:
It is not everyone in the media, it is this board.

Stairwayto7

Reaction score
No. They all get taken out of games in exactly the same way. These players are only "blowing things up" when the defense is in advantageous positions - i.e. playing with a lead or 3rd and long. These guys aren't running around in the backfield on 2nd and 3.

If you are asking an edge to defeat two blockers and make a play on the other side of the field you have unrealistic expectations.

In the case of NO - if you are dedicating two skill-position blockers, you should never be able to complete a pass because you have a 3-man route. The other players have to take advantage of that.
This is not true. They do not get taken out of the game. Parsons is simply not doing what he should. Stop letting him off the hook. I come here because I liked Parsons and follow his career but he’s become a damn lazy, unaccountable diva.

I keep seeing this argument about he is undersized and needs DTs in front to help him make plays. He is the same size as Watt and he doesn’t have anyone in front of him.

On another forum, I have linked to plays showing TJ Watt where he literally takes out the RT by beating him around the edge or swatting him away and still makes the play.

And using a game against the Ravens where Watt terrorizes Lamar Jackson and the Ravens twice a year to insinuate that Micah couldn’t have done better, is ridiculous.

Lamar doesn’t have a winning record against the Steelers and the team itself is 1-7 against the Steelers in the last few years.

You are letting Micah off the hook here and I don’t see how it is acceptable. As a fan of his, it’s really souring me on him.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This is not true. They do not get taken out of the game. Parsons is simply not doing what he should. Stop letting him off the hook. I come here because I liked Parsons and follow his career but he’s become a damn lazy, unaccountable diva.

I keep seeing this argument about he is undersized and needs DTs in front to help him make plays. He is the same size as Watt and he doesn’t have anyone in front of him.

On another forum, I have linked to plays showing TJ Watt where he literally takes out the RT by beating him around the edge or swatting him away and still makes the play.

And using a game against the Ravens where Watt terrorizes Lamar Jackson and the Ravens twice a year to insinuate that Micah couldn’t have done better, is ridiculous.

Lamar doesn’t have a winning record against the Steelers and the team itself is 1-7 against the Steelers in the last few years.

You are letting Micah off the hook here and I don’t see how it is acceptable. As a fan of his, it’s really souring me on him.
What are you wanting to see out of Micah that you're not getting? I'll concede that Micah is probably a worse run defender than Watts is, and Micah is pretty average in that department, but I'll take an average run defender who is also an elite pass rusher any day of the week.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Let’s see a link from someone in the media who claims our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. :thumbup: You won’t find anyone saying that.
No, it is all over twitter.

But I don't care if none of them do say it. They are wrong. It is just an echo chamber.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, it is all over twitter.

But I don't care if none of them do say it. They are wrong. It is just an echo chamber.
You can link Twitter comments. If it’s all over Twitter, then let’s see one from someone in the media saying our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. I’ll be waiting. :thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It is not everyone in the media, it is this board.
No one in the media is saying it and you’re the only one on this board that’s saying it. Show me a post where someone is saying our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. :thumbup:

JustChip

Reaction score
And from that perspective I think it makes some sense if you can get multiple high picks, I just don't think the defense is lacking talent to that degree. If we can get to just an average level of play out of the DT and LB positions this is a legitimate top 5 unit. Its just been another year when Jerry went bargain hunting on positions that really dont break the bank in free agency to begin with.
They’re probably not as bereft if talent as they’ve shown, but is the talent synergistic. If a Mack type trade nets an Aaron Donald plus another quality starter, are they better off even with the loss of your 1 bonafide pass rusher. The only thing that gives me pause is the Cowboys seem to struggle identifying and acquiring DT talent.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
No one in the media is saying it and you’re the only one on this board that’s saying it. Show me a post where someone is saying our pass defense is a bigger problem than our run defense. :thumbup:
No, I don't care if I am the only one who says it lol.