Trade Parsons

HungryLion

Reaction score
Micah influenced Dan Quinn, who influenced Jerry. Is this not true? I even provided video proof.

Bro. The FO are the ones that have to make the call. You act like Parsons actually makes the call. Just nonsense.

And if it WERE true. That’s just indicative of a pathetic front office. Not any reason to dump a top 5 defensive player in the league.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Bro. The FO are the ones that have to make the call. You act like Parsons actually makes the call. Just nonsense.

And if it WERE true. That’s just indicative of a pathetic front office. Not any reason to dump a top 5 defensive player in the league.
I agree. The front office is easily influenced because they are clueless. As for Micah, he is one of several veterans who has tried to be Superman and played poorly. AKOYE's film shows as much.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I agree. The front office is easily influenced because they are clueless. As for Micah, he is one of several veterans who has tried to be Superman and played poorly. AKOYE's film shows as much.

You don’t need to keep posting the Akoye video like it’s the Bible.

Yeah he’s had some bad plays. He’s still a top 5 defender in the league. But you want to throw that out because he’s had some bad plays on a horrible defense with zero quality help around him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Yeah he’s had some bad plays. He’s still a top 5 defender in the league. But you want to throw that out because he’s had some bad plays on a horrible defense with zero quality help around him.
I'm not denying Micah needs better help around him (as does Dak on offense). Just stating what's on video. For what Micah accused his teammates of wanting to be Superman and not doing their jobs, well, Micah himself was one of them. Micah needs to play much better and not be part of the problem.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm not denying Micah needs better help around him (as does Dak on offense). Just stating what's on video. For what Micah accused his teammates of wanting to be Superman and not doing their jobs, well, Micah himself was one of them. Micah needs to play much better and not be part of the problem.

I agree he needs to not freelance.

I’ll also say, when he’s watching his teammates who can’t play getting gashed around him. It’s a bit understandable his desire to freelance to try and make something happen.

A big problem is the cowboys literally have DT’s who cannot do their jobs right now. Even if they wanted to, they just aren’t good players.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I agree he needs to not freelance.

I’ll also say, when he’s watching his teammates who can’t play getting gashed around him. It’s a bit understandable his desire to freelance to try and make something happen.

A big problem is the cowboys literally have DT’s who cannot do their jobs right now. Even if they wanted to, they just aren’t good players.
Totally agree.

ksadler1

Reaction score
He’s not making our defense better and has been a virtual no show so far this season. He’ll be looking for close to $40 million per season next year. He’ll be a training camp holdout. He only has one sack in our first 3 games and opponents have figured out how to neutralize him. He’ll be lucky to have double digit sacks this season with teams running the ball all day. He’s not making as many eye popping plays as he did his first couple of seasons and he continues to wear down. It’s just been reported our run defense is the worst through 3 games in the last 60 years in the NFL. Parsons says he only wants to play until he’s 30. He’s talking about being in the Olympics in four years. He doesn’t love football. We need to see what kind of haul we could get for him in a trade. We need to build the DL with a solid DT and add a quality RB.
Maybe we could just introduce him to Ray Lewis' or Lawrence Taylor's dealer? Seemed to work for them.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Khalil mack was top 5 too. What does top 5 mean if you don't surround him with what he needs? Jerry won't and THATS why you trade him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He’s not making our defense better and has been a virtual no show so far this season. He’ll be looking for close to $40 million per season next year. He’ll be a training camp holdout. He only has one sack in our first 3 games and opponents have figured out how to neutralize him. He’ll be lucky to have double digit sacks this season with teams running the ball all day. He’s not making as many eye popping plays as he did his first couple of seasons and he continues to wear down. It’s just been reported our run defense is the worst through 3 games in the last 60 years in the NFL. Parsons says he only wants to play until he’s 30. He’s talking about being in the Olympics in four years. He doesn’t love football. We need to see what kind of haul we could get for him in a trade. We need to build the DL with a solid DT and add a quality RB.
All solid points......and honestly....I think it's the right move. He's horrible vs the run....and gets fooled way too often. He's a one dimensional player....but that one thing he does....teams crave.

He just stinks of going to the Jets....trying to get Rodgers a ring.....and they just lost a DE for the year.

TheCritic

Reaction score
CZ Members: "You know that trading Parsons is the right thing to do!!!!"

Me: Have you met Jerry Jones?

gtb1943

Reaction score
if we could get enough for him then sure. No one is too important not to trade.

Pass rushers have gotten some serious trade capital.

But then again we have Jethro doing the negotiations so.....

HungryLion

Reaction score
Khalil mack was top 5 too. What does top 5 mean if you don't surround him with what he needs? Jerry won't and THATS why you trade him.

You just admitted Jerry is incompetent and yet you think trading the best defensive player on the team for picks will solve problems. Makes zero sense.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Agree completely for all the legitimate reasons you gave.
This front office would ever make a bold move like that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Agree completely for all the legitimate reasons you gave.
This front office would ever make a bold move like that.
Once Jerry and Jimmy saw the Cowboys had a bad team in 1989 they traded Herschel Walker. If the season continues to go downhill I would dangle Parsons out there. The Joneses aren’t likely to do that, but you never know what might happen during the offseason if this season turns out to be a real failure. It’s going to take multiple players to fix the DL. We need to fix that and find a high quality RB. Rotating average backs aren’t going to get it done.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Him and lamb should have been traded before the season. I believe we could have got 2 firsts and 1 second for Micah and 1 first and 1 second for Cee Dee. That along with our own picks would have given the cowboys 7 picks in the top 64 in 2025

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I have been banging that drum since the talks about his contract arose.

Right now we would get maybe 2 1st round picks for him. One really high (5th) and one lower one (around 20th).
This would be great business: We got him for one first rounder and this would double our investment.

Right now i dont see him being a real difference maker. Not because he is not good, just because this defense is lacking at so many position that he cant compensate for it. But if we upgrade those position our defense will be good enough even without him.

This team right now needs (a lot of) resources - means draft pick - more than ever.

kskboys

Reaction score
if we could get enough for him then sure. No one is too important not to trade.

Pass rushers have gotten some serious trade capital.

But then again we have Jethro doing the negotiations so.....
So we'll get a 5th?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I’m bookmarking this because no one will ever believe me. You might want to try stand-up comedy for a living. :laugh:
Go ahead. This board, almost in its entirety, has been wrong about the problems on the defense since the LAR playoff game.