Trade possibilities

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DeStorm, Mar 4, 2021.

1. INCowboysFan

INCowboysFan Well-Known Member

1,224 Messages
    1,439 Likes Received
    How do you know that he hasn't already made those calls? Answer...you don't.

2. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

23,484 Messages
    27,692 Likes Received
    sooo....Dak's not good enough to win us a super bowl...and sure as hell not worth $41mil per.
    but he's good enough to command the #2 over all pick.
    wish to hell you people would make up your damn minds.
    if he's good enough to command multiple picks or the #2 over all pick.....isn't he good enough then to keep.

3. fredp22

fredp22 Well-Known Member

1,156 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    ??? Daks not signed. How are u trading him?

4. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

30,065 Messages
    12,049 Likes Received
    ***Stephen.

5. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

6,952 Messages
    4,183 Likes Received
    What they're saying is that the teams that would trade a very high pick or multiple high picks are stupid, and they want the Cowboys to take advantage of that...

DeStorm and cowboyec like this.
  6. aria

aria Well-Known Member

17,286 Messages
    16,551 Likes Received
    Late firsts at best. Again, most teams could use those two firsts to get a QB in this draft and not be handicapped by a contract.

The only way I see it happening is if a team already has everything in place but the QB and their two firsts are late round picks. Are there any teams in that position? Maybe SF?

7. aria

aria Well-Known Member

17,286 Messages
    16,551 Likes Received
    We’ll see if the market is there. I think the media has been proven time and time again when it comes to value, draft picks, etc.

8. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

24,298 Messages
    20,865 Likes Received
    In that scenario, Jerry would just tag Dak with the non-exclusive tag and let the highest bidder win. He would be guaranteed at least two first-round picks for Dak.

9. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

8,061 Messages
    8,664 Likes Received
    If Im the Jets, or Jaguars do I go and trade away a top 3 pick that would net one of the best college QBs and a 5 year rookie contract or trade that away for a mediocre QB who wants 40million and is coming off a devastating ankle injury?

10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

42,321 Messages
    35,147 Likes Received
    If I had their draft history of quarterbacks....I'd probably take the bad ankle 40 million dollar quarterback over the next Blaine Gabbert or Blake Bortles or Mark Sanchez or Sam Darnold......the decision is easy if its the 1st pick in the draft. You take Lawrence no doubt and pray for the best.

conner01 likes this.
  11. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

6,241 Messages
    7,644 Likes Received
    2 firsts. Mac Jones at 10 and improve the defense. Your gonna lose Dak next year anyway. If he stays this year we’ll be picking in the middle of the first next year anyway.

COWBOYSNUM1 and LOBO7 like this.
  12. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

17,317 Messages
    14,898 Likes Received
    If you have a top 2-3 pick then you would draft a QB
    It’s the rest of the teams who need a QB who would be interested. Lots of teams need a QB and other than here, Dak is pretty well thought of

John813 likes this.
  13. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,913 Messages
    4,974 Likes Received
    I could see the bears trading for him. They traded for Cutler and Dak is more popular than Cutler. I believe they gave up a 1st for Cutler and some other picks. I could see the Bears trading 2 first rounders for Dak.

I feel the Bears and The Football Team would give up 2 firsts for him. I don't see anyone else being dumb enough to do do it.

DeStorm likes this.
  14. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

3,116 Messages
    6,266 Likes Received
    Where's Mike Lynn when you need him?

I know... I know...

15. sean10mm

sean10mm Well-Known Member

1,986 Messages
    2,970 Likes Received
    It is funny when fans think a guy is bum and want him run out of town, then turn around and think they should get lots of picks for them.

I mean it's one or the other, either he's good and it makes him in demand by other teams, or he's bad and the other guy knows it just as well as you do.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  16. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

2,925 Messages
    2,549 Likes Received
    its kinda like why his current team shouldn't sign him to an extension that only sets up another contract dispute a few years down the road. if the player wants to become a free agent sooner, then said player has to "pay" for that privilege by taking less than on the "bridge" contract. that's how real business is done. there is a give and a take.

NeathBlue likes this.
  17. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

2,925 Messages
    2,549 Likes Received
    ah, i was about to say dead until i saw the last part of your statement. :) little known fact, i worked for him after he left football.

Silver Surfer likes this.
  18. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

7,279 Messages
    8,089 Likes Received
    Only one trade that the Cowboys should pursue that that is for Russell Wilson.

19. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

28,837 Messages
    22,028 Likes Received
    How did Jerry lose when Dak got injured? If he signed him for 40 million a year for five years with a broken leg and deteriorating OL and RG, talk about losing..

20. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

28,837 Messages
    22,028 Likes Received
    They believe that GMs can be idiots like Dak fans believe Jerry is an idiot and at fault for the Cowboys Ls to excuse Dak’s mediocrity..