Trade Scenario: D Law for Josh Rosen

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Time to start letting aging vets who want 25+m a year walk. Whether it's DLaw or Dak if you over spend it only hurts the team. Better to pay 3 starters a total of 25/year than 1 starter. Esp one with injury issues.
That stupidity only works for the Patriots.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That stupidity only works for the Patriots.

No. Overpaying guys whos contracts way outweigh their production hurts most teams. Sure keeping DLaw is good, but not if he is paid like a 1 man wrecking ball. What impact did he have post season? How often is he hurt? 2nd year in a row he's needed shoulder surgery and won't get it till he gets crazy guaranteed money. How smart does that sound? Wanna pay an average QB like he's Aaron Rogers, fine but don't complain he doesn't get enough help when he fails. We proved an elite OL can help a rookie QB look really good and hide defensive deficiencies. We need more than just 1 rusher especially 1 that can't stay healthy and wants down the stretch each season. Easier and better to add 2-3 guys with the amount he's asking and lessen the burden on 1 player who can be taken out of the play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No. Overpaying guys whos contracts way outweigh their production hurts most teams. Sure keeping DLaw is good, but not if he is paid like a 1 man wrecking ball. What impact did he have post season? How often is he hurt? 2nd year in a row he's needed shoulder surgery and won't get it till he gets crazy guaranteed money. How smart does that sound? Wanna pay an average QB like he's Aaron Rogers, fine but don't complain he doesn't get enough help when he fails. We proved an elite OL can help a rookie QB look really good and hide defensive deficiencies. We need more than just 1 rusher especially 1 that can't stay healthy and wants down the stretch each season. Easier and better to add 2-3 guys with the amount he's asking and lessen the burden on 1 player who can be taken out of the play.

So pick your poison. There is no blueprint on how to win a championship. Just because you pay your quarterback doesn't mean you don't have a shot at the championship. Because the Packers paid Aaron Rodgers that means they have no shot?

Your job as a GM is to build the best team possible. You have All Pro talent you retain that all pro talent. If you don't win a ring that's fine but at least you tried. Pretending that you are the Patriots is going to result in you looking like a idiot because you don't have Brady or Bellicheat.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So pick your poison. There is no blueprint on how to win a championship. Just because you pay your quarterback doesn't mean you don't have a shot at the championship. Because the Packers paid Aaron Rodgers that means they have no shot?

Your job as a GM is to build the best team possible. You have All Pro talent you retain that all pro talent. If you don't win a ring that's fine but at least you tried. Pretending that you are the Patriots is going to result in you looking like a idiot because you don't have Brady or Bellicheat.

It has meant that Rogers has to win more with less help. Rogers has single handidly beat us two e in the playoffs. What has Dak done? Dak doesn't carry this team, the team carries Dak.

The way they are going Stephen will pay these 2 elite money then say they are cap strapped to pay for other positions that need help. That is the problem. Against good opponents both these guys failed to produce much, they need help and can't get that help if they single handedly take too large a portion of the available cap dollars. What happens when dlaw gets surgery, then misses games cause he's too injured? He's far from a dware in his prime.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It has meant that Rogers has to win more with less help. Rogers has single handidly beat us two e in the playoffs. What has Dak done? Dak doesn't carry this team, the team carries Dak.

The way they are going Stephen will pay these 2 elite money then say they are cap strapped to pay for other positions that need help. That is the problem. Against good opponents both these guys failed to produce much, they need help and can't get that help if they single handedly take too large a portion of the available cap dollars. What happens when dlaw gets surgery, then misses games cause he's too injured? He's far from a dware in his prime.

Dak is a 3rd year pro........Aaron Rodgers was on the bench in his first 3 years so I don't even know why you are even comparing the two. Rodgers contract isn't holding the Packers back. Their crappy drafts have been holding them back.

I'm not afraid to risks. Thats' the name of the game. If the Cowboys are afraid of risks like "what if's" then why are they even in this league?This league isn't easy.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak is a 3rd year pro........Aaron Rodgers was on the bench in his first 3 years so I don't even know why you are even comparing the two. Rodgers contract isn't holding the Packers back. Their crappy drafts have been holding them back.

I'm not afraid to risks. Thats' the name of the game. If the Cowboys are afraid of risks like "what if's" then why are they even in this league?This league isn't easy.

There ate risks and there are reckless risks. I'm not saying don't sign them but there is a limit to what they can be paid before it hurts the team. You absolutely can not pay them just whatever they want if you are trying to build a good team. Sometimes letting them go is better so you can build another way. It's about aquiring as much talent as possible but that talent doesn't have to be with just 1 defensive end or QB who isn't even a top 10 talent.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Having Rosen on a cost controlled rookie deal for 4 years would give us a 4 year championship window. The cap savings from not re-signing D Law and Dak would allow us to pursue free agents like Justin Houston, Earl Thomas, and Trey Flowers. We could also trade Dak for maybe a 2nd round pick.

:lmao:

Sandyf

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having Rosen on a cost controlled rookie deal for 4 years would give us a 4 year championship window. The cap savings from not re-signing D Law and Dak would allow us to pursue free agents like Justin Houston, Earl Thomas, and Trey Flowers. We could also trade Dak for maybe a 2nd round pick.
Ah dreamers, just not a chance it happens.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Time to start letting aging vets who want 25+m a year walk. Whether it's DLaw or Dak if you over spend it only hurts the team. Better to pay 3 starters a total of 25/year than 1 starter. Esp one with injury issues.

Huh? Tanks 26....I guess he's "technically" an "aging vet" but so is anyone whose played a single year in the league...lol

Dumbest **** I've ever heard on here calling a guy who just turned 26 an "aging vet" and using that as a reason to trade him off.

Haha.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Huh? Tanks 26....I guess he's "technically" an "aging vet" but so is anyone whose played a single year in the league...lol

Dumbest **** I've ever heard on here calling a guy who just turned 26 an "aging vet" and using that as a reason to trade him off.

Haha.

You got me he's 26 with 2 back surgeries and has needed shoulder surgery the last 2 years so go ahead sign your spring chicken to an around Donald type deal an see how it works out not being able/ willing to put talent around him.

DcFootball4

Reaction score

Dak has carried us quite a few times. I would hate to lose him and go back to the lovely times post Aikman searching for someone half as good.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has carried us quite a few times. I would hate to lose him and go back to the lovely times post Aikman searching for someone half as good.

When did Dak ever carry this team? Stop with the Dak crap. This offense is carried by Zeke. Dak might make a couple plays a game but he has never carried this team. Dak is average with a below average passing ability. Dak carry this team is laughable. We win by defense and Zeke.