Trade Scenario: Dak and the 10th pick for Watson and Watt

Flamma

Reaction score
I hate it.

Watt is just about done and Watson is way to expensive..

Give me Stafford and cap space all day.

Dallas is in a bad situation. Sign Dak to ridiculous money and we're going nowhere. Even Stafford isn't going to help the Cowboys next year. But at least he won't be a cap killer. He's also getting older. Dallas is in bad shape either way. Trade up for a rookie QB? I don't know.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they're going to trade him, they will be looking for multiple 1st round picks and I don't think they would consider angering their fans even more by trading Watt. Watt is the good guy image for all of HOU sports.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Get Watt to restructure to make the numbers work fo cap purposes. Upgrade the QB position and the d-line.
Watson isnt going to be traded period. He has 67mil in dead money if he is, not only that they have to work out a deal with Dak which could have them spending 100+ mil at the QB posistion in 2021?

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak and Deshaun are the same player, so I don’t see that as an upgrade. I’d much rather sign Dak and use 10 on a young defender. Watt is not who he used to be.

Watson's contract is more manageable and likely will be better once Dak signs his massive extension.

Sydla

Reaction score
Watson isnt going to be traded period. He has 67mil in dead money if he is, not only that they have to work out a deal with Dak which could have them spending 100+ mil at the QB posistion in 2021?

$67 million dead cap if they cut him pre-June 1. If they trade him pre June 1, the dead cap is only around $22 million.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak and Deshaun are the same player, so I don’t see that as an upgrade. I’d much rather sign Dak and use 10 on a young defender. Watt is not who he used to be.

DeShaun is a MUCH BETTER PASSER AND RUNNER than Dak.

But I agree with you on Watts. Even so, that trade would be a steal ... for Dallas - no disrespect to Dak.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Why would Dak agree to go to the Texans? I think fans forget that in a trade scenario, Dak also has control on where he goes; if not more control than Watson.
Why would Watson or Watt want to come to this mess either :laugh:

conner01

Reaction score
Do you really think Dak would want to join that mess? He'd never go for it.
I wouldn’t blame him though since he’s not signed you can’t trade him
If you tag him he doesn’t have to sign tag till the last minute making a trade hard
And Houston would be nuts trading for a player who doesn’t want to be there on a tag and not be able to sign him
And if you trade the 10th pick you can’t improve the defense
If watt is what you want just sign him after they release him

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Get Watt to restructure to make the numbers work fo cap purposes. Upgrade the QB position and the d-line.
Wait, we complain to no end about Daks 35-40 M contract, now you want to get Watson who cost 40M and has had two losing seasons with only 4 wins and 1-2 in the playoffs....and in essence get a QB that by all measures is lesser. Then in essence giving up a top 10 pick for an often injured DE..

Why?