Trade Scenario: Dak and the 10th pick for Watson and Watt

blueblood70

Reaction score
why do fans think this is good trade for the DC? Watsons deal is as much if not more then Daks possibly will be, Watsons not really that much better then Dak and you also want to throw in our 10th overall pick to have qb who also need players around him to be good and on the same type of deal dak would get..?? huh?:eek::confused:

no way the FO would even consider this, unless it was player for player which i doubt the Texans would agree too as they think DW is worth 3 1sts minimum..and most do not think Daks worth 3 firsts at least not player for player post injury etc..

so its moot point and all the threads on it are useless and for sure not really DC content because it will never happen,,fantasy zone is needed

put that in 3" headlines , the FO would not do this deal even after a full bottle of the blue stuff!

its insane and uneven no mater how you try and sell it to either side..it wont work with out an uneven loser in the trade..neither side needs to do this the texans can tell watson to kick rocks ply or be fined 100K per function missed that is mandatory and dallas simply tags dak again and he plays one more year..there zero desperation here to make bad deal..Obrien gone so those super bad deals that favor the other side are gone.LOL

easier to give dak Watsons deal to keep him even though im against it its 10X better then this nonsense..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Get Watt to restructure to make the numbers work fo cap purposes. Upgrade the QB position and the d-line.
lol. That doesn't work.
HOU isn't trading for Dak to rebuild. And they didn't just pay Watson a 27M bonus to eat another 38M this year at QB.
And they aren't giving up both their rebuilding chips for 1 pick.

DAL could probably get Watt for their R3 comp pick or R4 pick but the Dak/Watson swap has never made sense for either side.

HOU comes and gets our 4th for Watt then goes and gets a top 5 pick + next year's 1st and and a 2nd or 3rd for Watson.
HOU drafts one of the 4 top half R1 rookies then adds someone like Cam or Dalton cheap.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tag Dak and his leverage decreases.
No it doesn't.
A tag means zero.
He still can't be moved until he signs the tag and by then it means a team is trading for one year of control with no reasonable means to tag him again.

No one on these boards should be confused here. Dallas has no real leverage and even Jerry Jones is telling you this.
No team who has seem him medically is going to make a major move for him and he has no reason to go seek that out unless Dallas makes him an URFA.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No it doesn't.
A tag means zero.
He still can't be moved until he signs the tag and by then it means a team is trading for one year of control with no reasonable means to tag him again.

No one on these boards should be confused here. Dallas has no real leverage and even Jerry Jones is telling you this.
No team who has seem him medically is going to make a major move for him and he has no reason to go seek that out unless Dallas makes him an URFA.

Debbie Downer.
A team with one year to own him can sweeten the deal. What QB wants to move again after a year with a new team, learn another playbook and grow a year older?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
lol. That doesn't work.
HOU isn't trading for Dak to rebuild. And they didn't just pay Watson a 27M bonus to eat another 38M this year at QB.
And they aren't giving up both their rebuilding chips for 1 pick.

DAL could probably get Watt for their R3 comp pick or R4 pick but the Dak/Watson swap has never made sense for either side.

HOU comes and gets our 4th for Watt then goes and gets a top 5 pick + next year's 1st and and a 2nd or 3rd for Watson.
HOU drafts one of the 4 top half R1 rookies then adds someone like Cam or Dalton cheap.

Some here want watt? There is a retirement village in Oak Cliff that has great tennis facilities.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Some here want watt? There is a retirement village in Oak Cliff that has great tennis facilities.
Watt would easily be your best DT because this team had the worst DT grouping in the NFL last year. (Gallimore/Hill *may change this over the off-season)
But he is definitely not 'good' at this point in his career.
Would I move for him? Possibly, because he is a rotation guy next year whereas in the middle of the draft the DTs are likely long gone who can help the next year or maybe even 2 as it is a terrible DT class.
HOU ate his signing bonus and you get him and lower his base immediately with a restructure.
But he's a rental not a long term solution.

InTheZone

Reaction score
hell no

Watt is going to play for 3 games and Watson is overrated with some other concerns about his character, no thanks. And we don't need more DE's, get some true DTs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless he has a no trade clause, he has no control.
There can’t be a no trade clause because the Cowboys don’t have Dak under contract. Dak would have to be tagged and traded, which severely limits his trade value, so the Cowboys would need him to cooperate.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I hate it.

Watt is just about done and Watson is way to expensive..

Give me Stafford and cap space all day.
This is the only good qb trade though.

Deshaun Watson is what people dream Trevor Lawrence (the less successful Clemson QB) could be.

Dak and #10 pick for Watson would be perfect.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is the only good qb trade though.

Deshaun Watson is what people dream Trevor Lawrence (the less successful Clemson QB) could be.

Dak and #10 pick for Watson would be perfect.

Lawrence is far more talented than Watson.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I like 4th quarter Dak myself. I prefer Dak over Watson.
I agree. Deshaun is in my opinion a better quarterback than Dak but he’s a bit of a front runner

I’ve watched him play with a lot of leads and lose (the Chiefs game was the worst)

Dak is like the opposite.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Lawrence is far more talented than Watson.
:laugh:

Nobody believes this. Lawrence’s ceiling is much closer to Blaine Gabbert than Watson. You don’t know football.

That’s why teams are getting ready to trade 5 1sts for Watson AND pay his $40 million salary.

JayFord

Reaction score
The Texans arent going to give you Watson and Watt for anything less than 3 first round picks 3 seconds half our receiving core and Zack Martin along with Dak

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No way JJ Watt would play in Dallas. He's too loyal to Houston imo.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:laugh:

Nobody believes this. Lawrence’s ceiling is much closer to Blaine Gabbert than Watson. You don’t know football.

That’s why teams are getting ready to trade 5 1sts for Watson AND pay his $40 million salary.

5 firsts? Have I missed something?