Signed by Cowboys Trade - WT Tavon Austin from Rams (for 6th round pick)

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys Trade 6th-Round Pick To Rams For Veteran WR Tavon Austin
Saturday, April 28, 2018 1:43 PM CDT
448f8b73e3c3ed15ea4097fa8d1de3d6-75x75.jpg

By Rob Phillips
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...e-6th-round-pick-rams-veteran-wr-tavon-austin

FRISCO, Texas – A day after drafting Colorado State’s Michael Gallup, the Cowboys added more veteran receiving depth by trading a sixth-round pick to the L.A. Rams for Tavon Austin.

Austin, a first-round pick by the Rams. in 2013, has 194 career catches for 1,689 yards and 12 touchdowns in five seasons.

The 5-9, 175-pound slot receiver joins a crowded receiving group that includes Cole Beasley and last year’s fourth-round pick Ryan Switzer who primarily play inside.

Reaction score
This move is all about converting 3rd down and short. Which the FO is thinking we will be in a lot with our improved OL. Throw out Bease and Switz in the slot and Austin out of the backfield. One of them is going to beat that nickel or dime DB and get open.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Again, I'm calling my shot — TWill is gone.
Twill had to have surgery on his foot and who even knows when he will play or if he will be the same. I have a feeling things are a little more serious than the team or Twill is letting anyone know.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So one of the sharpest offensive minds in the business in McVay could not figure out a role for this player. Now Garrett and Linehan are? Please.

Yeah... He’s not going to turn his career around with Garrett and Dak but he may give us a boost as a punt returner for a year.

WhizKid

Reaction score
This is a win win no matter which way you slice it.

We had a ton of picks and if he doesn’t work out..someone will sign him next season because of his speed and we should get that pick back via a comp pick.

Please make him a RB though.

I like this take. Thank you for the bit of enlightenment!