Trade zeke and 1st round pick for clowney and johnson

waldoputty

Reaction score
Clowney's best 2 seasons are 9 sacks and 9.5 sacks.

This guy hasnt even lived up to his draft position.
No way he is more valuable to our team than Zeke's 1400+ yards and 77 catches.
Heck Robert Quinn is comparable to what Clowney has produced.

there is a reason clowney has 3 recent probowls and quinn does not.

waldoputty

Reaction score
We will have to agree to disagree on that. Zeke has been the NFL rushing leader 2 of the last 3 years and Clowney averages 7.5 sacks every 16 games he plays.

No way is Clowney worth Zeke AND a #1, with Johnson just being a throw in.

Maybe if you made it a 3rd round pick that would be fair, but you would still have problem of Clowney holding out and figuring out how to pay him.

well if texans are desperate to get rid of their problem, it could be less.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i will take a dominant pass rush over the incremental advantage zekes gives to the offense

But you are letting personal opinions make that choice over what is best for the team.
Not a good GM move.

And we have a pass rush, that can be dominate. Wait and see.

waldoputty

Reaction score
But you are letting personal opinions make that choice over what is best for the team.
Not a good GM move.

And we have a pass rush, that can be dominate. Wait and see.

if dak and new offense are not good enough, then zeke is moot.
if they are good enough, i would take the dominant passrush over an incremental better rushing game.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I’m confused are we getting a first or giving one up? I want two firsts for The Zeken...
be happy to get 1 1st for zeke, and it would not be miami's 1st as they are clearly tanking for a qb

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if they are good enough, i would take the dominant passrush over an incremental better rushing game.

Well this is the time for Dak to prove he can lead the team to victories without Zeke. Maybe Pollard can be the guy. But we do not need another highly paid DE. We are fine on the DL.
Zeke can sit and we will still be fine without Clowney.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We won’t pay clowney and Lawrence 20 million each and it’s possible clowney wants more than Lawrence
this :hammer:

JC would be a rental one year and gone if he didnt get his 19-20mil..you cant trade for 16 game guy who will cpost MORE THEN ZEKE,lots:popcorn:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Well this is the time for Dak to prove he can lead the team to victories without Zeke. Maybe Pollard can be the guy. But we do not need another highly paid DE. We are fine on the DL.
Zeke can sit and we will still be fine without Clowney.

we are fine without clowney, but think about what we would have with clowney
i would do this trade and rush the paperwork to the league if texans go for it.
the trick is it is difficult to complete a trade in their current situation logistically

Bigdog

Reaction score
Nope... trade Zeke for a 1st (Miami) and stockpile picks for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

We have a ton of Dline players and I am fine with RB by committee this year. It is a passing league and I have been told Dak is amazing.
I like this idea the only problem is Trevor Lawrence is not eligible next year. He is a sophomore this year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a nonsense comment because teams don’t win solely on a good offensive scheme. They have to have high quality players too. That’s why top players make more money than top offensive coordinators.

slick325

Reaction score
des get 20mil.
qbs get over 30mil.

What I suspect Clowney and his people are seeking is in excess of DLaw's deal. Meaning, in the mid 20's which is mid-tier QB money.

Anyway, you are on record as wanting Clowney and the running back the Texans just traded with the Browns in order to get. Oh...and trade Dallas' 2020 1st in the process. Got it...

DFWJC

Reaction score
texans want a lt, but that is hard to get.
a better running game could be a substitute
clowney is worth the $ and would make the D pressure really scary
johnson + pollard would handle rb duties fine and then draft another rb using a 2nd in 2020
both teams get rid of their problems.
That's a truly awful trade offer, waldo....for several reasons.
But thanks for trying, brother.

waldoputty

Reaction score
What I suspect Clowney and his people are seeking is in excess of DLaw's deal. Meaning, in the mid 20's which is mid-tier QB money.

Anyway, you are on record as wanting Clowney and the running back the Texans just traded with the Browns in order to get. Oh...and trade Dallas' 2020 1st in the process. Got it...

de is worth a lot more than rb, so u need extra compensation.

waldoputty

Reaction score
This is a nonsense comment because teams don’t win solely on a good offensive scheme. They have to have high quality players too. That’s why top players make more money than top offensive coordinators.

sure, u need more than a scheme.
but either dak and the wrs can do it or not.
instead of run heavy, switch to the multi-role rbs that are much easier to draft like pollard.
only you need several of them.
that is where johnson comes in, and may be trade for 1 more.