Trade zeke and 1st round pick for clowney and johnson

endersdragon

Reaction score
So now Lamar Miller is hurt... I have to think that makes this trade a bit more likely. Clowney for Zeke straight up.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You think Clowney is worth Zeke, plus a 1st round draft pick, plus taking on an even bigger problem than we already have trying to figure out how to pay everyone and not get in a bind?
That is not what I said.

What I said is DL is worth paying RB is not.

The fantasy football trade I didn't opine.

slick325

Reaction score
The difference is that DL are worth the investment.

Gotcha...yes...paying both DEs over $100M with $20+M AAV would be a very wise decision for a running team that has paid their RG and C top OL salaries. Makes sense...got it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'll take that in a slightly different direction. I'd start by trying to contact either Indianapolis, Seattle, or the 49ers, and see if either will bite on giving us a first, but, before I accept anything, try to get a team like Cincinnati to jump in. If we can get a first and change, 2 firsts, or more from either, then I'd turn around and try to draft the best DT and the best safety we can get with the 2 we'd have next draft.

As for this season, I'd sign a back off the street like Ajayi, a cut RB, or maybe even attempt to get Murray in for a season. This would allow me to slowly develop Pollard into a starting back while scouting other backs. I think this would be the best course of action.

You know? I whimsically posted this at 1:37 that, among other teams, one of the first teams we should chat with about trading Zeke was the Colts. Then the news breaks during the game that Luck is retiring.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Gotcha...yes...paying both DEs over $100M with $20+M AAV would be a very wise decision for a running team that has paid their RG and C top OL salaries. Makes sense...got it.
You drafted the o line so you can run efficiently with any rb and pass efficiently. You paid the defensive lineman so you can disrupt the qb and force the other team to pass inefficiently.

Passing efficiency and differential is coordinated strongly with win percentage.

So you're exactly right. Big investments into your offensive and defensive line is a wise decision indeed.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes lol:

I remember the Ryan Leaf sweepstakes, Sam Bradford sweepstakes, Andrew Luck sweepstakes, Jamarcus Russell Sweepstakes, RG3 sweepstakes, and countless more.