Trade zeke and 1st round pick for clowney and johnson

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by waldoputty, Aug 24, 2019.

1. endersdragon

endersdragon Well-Known Member

5,759 Messages
    3,632 Likes Received
    So now Lamar Miller is hurt... I have to think that makes this trade a bit more likely. Clowney for Zeke straight up.

2. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

13,613 Messages
    16,699 Likes Received
    That is not what I said.

What I said is DL is worth paying RB is not.

The fantasy football trade I didn't opine.

OmerV likes this.
  3. Toruk_Makto

13,613 Messages
    16,699 Likes Received
    That's like saying we didn't invest in Dlaw or value Dlaw because we let him play on the final year of a contract...... twice.

4. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

5,758 Messages
    4,015 Likes Received
    Gotcha...yes...paying both DEs over $100M with $20+M AAV would be a very wise decision for a running team that has paid their RG and C top OL salaries. Makes sense...got it.

5. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

9,076 Messages
    9,664 Likes Received
    You know? I whimsically posted this at 1:37 that, among other teams, one of the first teams we should chat with about trading Zeke was the Colts. Then the news breaks during the game that Luck is retiring.

6. Toruk_Makto

13,613 Messages
    16,699 Likes Received
    You drafted the o line so you can run efficiently with any rb and pass efficiently. You paid the defensive lineman so you can disrupt the qb and force the other team to pass inefficiently.

Passing efficiency and differential is coordinated strongly with win percentage.

So you're exactly right. Big investments into your offensive and defensive line is a wise decision indeed.

7. DUO_CORE

DUO_CORE Well-Known Member

343 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes lol:

I remember the Ryan Leaf sweepstakes, Sam Bradford sweepstakes, Andrew Luck sweepstakes, Jamarcus Russell Sweepstakes, RG3 sweepstakes, and countless more.

Furboy likes this.