Trade zeke and 1st round pick for clowney and johnson

JBond

Reaction score
I figured that is what you were thinking but did not want to assume. Love to get Lawrence but I just don’t see it happening.
Hope all is well with you and family Bigdog.

I don't see it happening either, but this is the internet and we can dream.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
quinn would make sense.
crawford backs up 2 positions

My point is we will need to dump salary and it may require more than quinn. Crawford, lee, witten all make some sense as highly paid candidates. But id hate to lose anyone unless we absolutely have to.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
texans want a lt, but that is hard to get.
a better running game could be a substitute
clowney is worth the $ and would make the D pressure really scary
johnson + pollard would handle rb duties fine and then draft another rb using a 2nd in 2020
both teams get rid of their problems.
There's genius somewhere in this thread.
I can feel it.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
texans want a lt, but that is hard to get.
a better running game could be a substitute
clowney is worth the $ and would make the D pressure really scary
johnson + pollard would handle rb duties fine and then draft another rb using a 2nd in 2020
both teams get rid of their problems.
Agree. Zeke's contract will leave the Cowboys dry. Why his he getting paid b4 Dak & Coop? Seems as though he's rewarded for holding out. Too many off field issues which caused losses during his suspension.

Trust me, the saga with him will continue. It didn't stop with security guard. Cowboys should have traded him. He's a bad egg.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Agree. Zeke's contract will leave the Cowboys dry. Why his he getting paid b4 Dak & Coop? Seems as though he's rewarded for holding out. Too many off field issues which caused losses during his suspension.

Trust me, the saga with him will continue. It didn't stop with security guard. Cowboys should have traded him. He's a bad egg.

i would drive him to houston if we can get this deal.
otherwise let him hold out for 10 games, unless he runs out of money first :lmao:

waldoputty

Reaction score
My point is we will need to dump salary and it may require more than quinn. Crawford, lee, witten all make some sense as highly paid candidates. But id hate to lose anyone unless we absolutely have to.

oh i agree on witten and lee
we are kind of stuck with crawford with the suspensions

Bigdog

Reaction score
Hope all is well with you and family Bigdog.

I don't see it happening either, but this is the internet and we can dream.
Everything is going well. Thanks for asking. I hope all is well with you and your family as well. I just hope we can get all these players to a fair contract and they do well.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope... trade Zeke for a 1st (Miami) and stockpile picks for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

We have a ton of Dline players and I am fine with RB by committee this year. It is a passing league and I have been told Dak is amazing.
It’s a win using whatever assets you have league. It may be running and defense like the Seahawks and Ravens, or passing like Green Bay, or balance like Pittsburgh ...

waldoputty

Reaction score
"We"? :thumbdown:
Your thinking will change when he gets suspended again. Which he will, unfortunately.
i would love to see him suspended for another 6 games
prevent jerry to messing up this contract
if we are contenders, we would be fine without zeke for 6-10 games

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
and the genius is u
giphy.gif

JBond

Reaction score
It’s a win using whatever assets you have league. It may be running and defense like the Seahawks and Ravens, or passing like Green Bay, or balance like Pittsburgh ...
I have admired the Pitt model. Balanced and kick out the head cases when they prove to be unreasonable.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
oh i agree on witten and lee
we are kind of stuck with crawford with the suspensions

I love those 2 but we can get by without either. But if we got clowney then im good with the DL in general. Not against keeping any of those 3 we talked about.

endersdragon

Reaction score
You got a point there but that's debatable especially on the Cowboys forum LOL !!!!
I think Zeke is worth the money... but DEs don't generally have their production fall off a cliff after 5 years, running backs often do.