Trading up for Burrows makes sense

johneric8

Reaction score
I'm not missing your point i just don't agree with it. I like Dak i just don't think he is "elite" QB material i think he is average and on a good day or career year he can play at an above average level, but for the most part to me he will just always be average. You can win a SB with an average QB it has been done in the past (not very often) but it has been done as long as the team around him is very very good. Last year without Cooper to throw too Dak wasn't average he was below average, can we agree on that? So i ask you again what you think Dak would have been able to accomplish this season playing with the set of WR that Wentz had to after he lost his top 3 WR's. I really don't think we would have won 6 games under that set of circumstances. Let's just agree to disagree

We can obviously agree to disagree, I take no issue with that. The argument on whether Dak is Elite or not is futile because at this point there is no clear cut answer because of the toxic environment he's played in. I personally believe that if we had an offense that actually played to Dak's strengths he would show all he has to offer, but up until now it's been totally rag tag and limiting as far as our scheming has gone.

I understand how much better Dak looked with Amari Cooper, but I also know that before Amari the receiving core was among the worst in the NFL, and without a great defense and coaching that is too much for Dak to overcome or any QB or that matter. Look at Mahomes for example, he has some very fast and gifted receivers, imagine how Mahomes may look if he was running the cowboys offensive system and an Amari LESS offense. I'm sure it wouldn't be a pretty sight either. Sometimes I think our team gets way too much credit for being talented, I think much of this is hype and not substance. It really comes down to play on the field, and with this the cowboys have struggled. Is it the players? the coaching? both?

We as Cowboys fans have been living a nightmare for nearly 10 years with a head coach whom should of never been a head coach in the NFL. We knew it, even Jerry knew it even though he refused to ever admit it. I guess for me, I see Dak as one of the best players on the field in terms of what he can do. We just need the right men in charge to put us in a better position to win.