Twitter: Training Camp Tweets 8/27

Sydla

Reaction score
Exactly. Even his exit with the Seahawks ended badly. Something is off with Thomas. Not sure I would sign him

The due diligence on this guy would have to be extensive and frankly, you'd need a very short leash on this guy (meaning if you sign him, it's cheap and not a lot of eaten money if you have to cut him). Another issue I have is that the moment he shows up, he's the veteran voice in the secondary. He's the "leader" for guys like Awuzie and Diggs and Lewis.................. I am not sure that's a great thing either.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Right so one or more of the CBs moving to a conventional safety position.

They may do something like that anyway in a nickel or dime coverage deal.

What I basically mean is a guy like Awuzie or Lewis...or even Robinson....playing that kind of spot.

We are hurting for a pair of conventional safeties and I'm thinking that's a way to get some better players on the field.

Frankly, with the corners we have it makes sense. Not saying they are stars, but Awuzie, Brown, Lewis and Worley have shown they all are at least nickel worthy. Throw in Diggs and you've got five playing-time-worthy corners when the most you'll use is probably four.

Makes sense unless Robinson is one of the top four to try him at safety if he might be better than what we have. Same with Awuzie and Worley depending on how the others play at corner. You don't want to move any of your top three corners and possibly not any of your top four, but it might be how the fifth and sixth guy get kept.

Zman5

Reaction score
Big Joe fan just seems like a solid dude.

Look at Looney and just imagine how much fun this dude is having, always makes me chuckle.

8EwT.gif

Nav22

Reaction score
Maybe it would be better for them to just volunteer to give their game check to charity, would certainly be a lot of cash league wide. I see that a couple of Giants are now discussing not showing up for a game during the season, not sure how the lowest paid players feel about that.
It’s not an either/or.

The players are putting pressure on their billionaire owners. Good for them.