Translate the attached Dak stats

TWOK11

Reaction score
He’s the fourth highest rated passer ever through 43 career games

He’s 29-14 as a starter

He is second in the NFL since 2016 in 4th quarter/OT game-winning drives

His QB rating in the final 5 minutes of 1 score games is a staggering 121.8, second only to Brees since 2016

sbark

Reaction score
7 wins this season , he was present for them all.....
of those..if we score more than 25 and win, I throw some credit in his direction, unless the D scored
If we score less than 20 and win....................those I'll credit to our up and rising Defense
clear example.....New Orleans win...

just don't want to feed him too much Parcell'ian cheese .

ItzKelz

Reaction score

He’s 29-14 as a starter

His QB rating in the final 5 minutes of 1 score games is a staggering 121.8, second only to Brees since 2016
Translation from Cowboys fans....trade him he sucks

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

He’s 29-14 as a starter

So how is he winning with such poor accuracy and anticipation accord to many fans/posters?

HungryLion

Reaction score
So how is he winning with such poor accuracy and anticipation accord to many fans/posters?

Because, even though the cowboys have terrible offensive coaching, need a new Head coach and a new offensive coordinator, and even though the front office is incompetent, doesn’t know what they are doing and are being led by Jerry and Stephen Jones who are only their positions due to money.....

Despite all that, there is a championship caliber team around Dak, that is only getting held back by the terrible, horrible QB play. Because unlike franchise QB’s, Dak is being carried by the rest of the team.

Despite all that........

I think that covers it.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The issue with Dak is if he is accending or decending. Some of his stats are nice but came his rookie year. It doesn’t really mean much if he is not improving and that is the issue some have with him. These last four games may be him finally getting over that Atlanta game from last year and regaining some confidence. The bottom line is Dak needs to keep improving. If he does, the detractors wii get back on board.

TWOK11

Reaction score

His accuracy as a whole, statistically speaking, isn’t poor at all. He’s a career 66% passer.

His accuracy on intermediate throws is right around the league average and his accuracy on deep throws is slightly below the league average. He’s stil a better passer statistically on deep throws than 12 current NFL starters.

It’s really not true to call him inaccurate. His accuracy hovers right around the league average on what most would call difficult throws.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
of those..if we score more than 25 and win, I throw some credit in his direction, unless the D scored
If we score less than 20 and win....................those I'll credit to our up and rising Defense

but aren't you miscalculating the good plays from the bad plays? I mean sometimes an offense can play a damn good defense where it's not about the points you score but the bad plays you keep to a min.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

This is idiocracy as it's finest.

DAL is currently ranked 11th in net points PER DRIVE.
That means the offense is doing it's job and scoring with efficiency.
DAL defense is 6th in points per drive.

So the DEF is all of 5 slots above the OFF.
And both are well above average.

That is why they are on a 4 game win streak.
They do not need to hit any points plateau.

TWOK11

Reaction score
For comparison, the numbers say Dak throws a better deep ball than every Cowboys starter between Aikman and Romo except for Drew Bledsoe. He threw a more accurate deep ball than Vinny Testeverede did for his entire career.

sbark

Reaction score
This is idiocracy as it's finest.

DAL is currently ranked 11th in net points PER DRIVE.
That means the offense is doing it's job and scoring with efficiency.
DAL defense is 6th in points per drive.

So the DEF is all of 5 slots above the OFF.
And both are well above average.

That is why they are on a 4 game win streak.
They do not need to hit any points plateau.
and its idiocy to just blindly credit dak with 29 wins just because he is taking snaps from the center
he just does too many things to hinder the teams offense to write that blank check

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Because, even though the cowboys have terrible offensive coaching, need a new Head coach and a new offensive coordinator, and even though the front office is incompetent, doesn’t know what they are doing and are being led by Jerry and Stephen Jones who are only their positions due to money.....

Despite all that, there is a championship caliber team around Dak, that is only getting held back by the terrible, horrible QB play. Because unlike franchise QB’s, Dak is being carried by the rest of the team.

Despite all that........

I think that covers it.

Fair enough but you don't think Brees is being carried by one the games best RB and WR. The same with the Ram's Goff. Did we not show what happens to Brees if you take out his star weapons?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

He’s 29-14 as a starter

The issue with Dak is if he is accending or decending. Some of his stats are nice but came his rookie year. It doesn’t really mean much if he is not improving and that is the issue some have with him. These last four games may be him finally getting over that Atlanta game from last year and regaining some confidence. The bottom line is Dak needs to keep improving. If he does, the detractors wii get back on board.

Didn't Romo say that "I just have to get better" "I just have to be better at my craft" "I just have to put this behind me" "I just have to use this to improve" "I just wish I hadn't gone to Cabo" "If the worse thing that happens to me is losing a football game, I've had a good life" "football is a meritocracy, you get what you deserve". IDK, I think they all learn. Maybe Brees learned something. Who knows. I'm still learning

Dorsett33

Reaction score

No matter how you WANT to credit it....it's still ONE team.