Translate the attached Dak stats

rags747

Reaction score
So if Prescott is so great why does it seem like he really is not that good? Why is Prescott so misunderstood? Why are most of the tv analysts and pundits wrong about him? Just a case of Fake MSM News? Is there some kind of conspiracy out there on him?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Wow, I just saw Roethilsberger miss a wide open receiver for a TD, and so did Rivers. I thought the sucky Prescott only did that?

Zman5

Reaction score
Cooper is not a “top receiver” - he’s had one big game.

And you are the one who attempted to use 3 seasons worth of data, I just gave you context.

Dak has a decent 3 game stretch last year as well around this time.

The fact that you think Cooper is not a top receiver makes what Dak has been doing past 3 games more impressive.
As I said, Dak is no more or less of a bus driver than Wentz.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The fact that you think Cooper is not a top receiver makes what Dak has been doing past 3 games more impressive.
As I said, Dak is no more or less of a bus driver than Wentz.

I already broke down his past 4 games in another thread

2 good games out of 5 is not exactly what I call impressive. Dak is inconsistent and getting cover due to our defense balling out the past few weeks

Zman5

Reaction score
I already broke down his past 4 games in another thread

2 good games out of 5 is not exactly what I call impressive. Dak is inconsistent and getting cover due to our defense balling out the past few weeks

That's your interpretation. He has 6 passing and 3 rushing TD. He has QB rating 99 and above in 4 out of 5 games.

Besides, what does that have to do with my original point? Dak is no more or less of a bus driver than Wentz.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That's your interpretation. He has 6 passing and 3 rushing TD. He has QB rating 99 and above in 4 out of 5 games.

Besides, what does that have to do with my original point? Dak is no more or less of a bus driver than Wentz.

....again, check the stats I made. And LOL already addressed this point in this thread.

You don’t know what bus driver means...

We have never had to rely on Dak and his arm to win games consistently.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Everything points to a QB1, but the Romo fans won’t let it go.

Zman5

Reaction score
....again, check the stats I made. And LOL already addressed this point in this thread.

You don’t know what bus driver means...

We have never had to rely on Dak and his arm to win games consistently.

Why don't you check the stats I posted. I don't think you understand know what a bus driver is. It has nothing to do with what you posted above.

Just because Wentz throws 6 more passes a game doesn't make him more or less bus driver than Dak. Every team relies on their QB to win games consistently. Both by passing and rushing. Just because one QB is a more of a passer doesn't make him less of a bus driver.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
So if Prescott is so great why does it seem like he really is not that good? Why is Prescott so misunderstood? Why are most of the tv analysts and pundits wrong about him? Just a case of Fake MSM News? Is there some kind of conspiracy out there on him?
:hammer:

aikemirv

Reaction score
Everything points to a QB1, but the Romo fans won’t let it go.
Really, so all these Romo fans were saying Dak was bad at the end of 2016. Is that what you are saying?

cause I don't remember that. I remember some saying that Romo should have the chance to get his job back and that you should not lose it to injury but the fact of the matter is that Dak is not playing like he was in 2016.

By the way is Garrett the second winningest coach since 2016?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
For comparison, the numbers say Dak throws a better deep ball than every Cowboys starter between Aikman and Romo except for Drew Bledsoe. He threw a more accurate deep ball than Vinny Testeverede did for his entire career.

Here is a list of Cowboys starting QB's between Aikman and Romo (leaving out the aforementioned Bledsoe and Vinny)

Anthony Wright. Quincy Carter. Ryan Leaf. Clint Stoerner. Chad Hutchinson. Drew Henson.

If your big claim to fame is you throw a better deep ball than these guys, then you've already lost whatever argument it is that you are in.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Here is a list of Cowboys starting QB's between Aikman and Romo (leaving out the aforementioned Bledsoe and Vinny)

Anthony Wright. Quincy Carter. Ryan Leaf. Clint Stoerner. Chad Hutchinson. Drew Henson.

If your big claim to fame is you throw a better deep ball than these guys, then you've already lost whatever argument it is that you are in.

Interesting that you left out all the decent QBs in that time frame

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s the fourth highest rated passer ever through 43 career games

He’s 29-14 as a starter

He is second in the NFL since 2016 in 4th quarter/OT game-winning drives

His QB rating in the final 5 minutes of 1 score games is a staggering 121.8, second only to Brees since 2016
Passer rating, not QB rating, and with good reason.

The passer rating is a pretty worthless measure in today's NFL. It overvalues completion percentage, which matters when completion percentages get as high as they are these days.

More importantly, though, are the things passer rating doesn't account for at all: QB rushing, sacks and fumbles. I would argue that trying to evaluate Dak without accounting for his rushing, sacks and fumbles is a truly pointless endeavor.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s the fourth highest rated passer ever through 43 career games

He’s 29-14 as a starter

He is second in the NFL since 2016 in 4th quarter/OT game-winning drives

His QB rating in the final 5 minutes of 1 score games is a staggering 121.8, second only to Brees since 2016
Where did you get this last stat, by the way? Looks to me like his rating is 82.8 in those situations (80.8 if you include OT).