Translate the attached Dak stats

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Really. Care to explain? I think if anything, for you to take out a whole year worth of data for players who only played little over 2.5 years shows either you don't know how statistics work or your agenda.

If you take out the rookie year, you are only looking at 1.5 season of data. There is no way you can accurately evaluate a player based on 1.5 year of data.

This is same crap Romo haters used to do. Cherry pick data to fit their agenda.

You want to claim one thing that is false, then try and claim it's insignificant. That's not approaching it honestly.

I am not taking out a year. I am understanding the reality that that season deserves the least weight and trends with young players is more important. You want to see improvement. You want to see the ability to counter defensive adjustments. You don't want the good season to be the outlier (also important when analyzing stats).

You can analyze players beyond looking at stats (which will actually tell you more).

Zman5

Reaction score
You want to claim one thing that is false, then try and claim it's insignificant. That's not approaching it honestly.

I am not taking out a year. I am understanding the reality that that season deserves the least weight and trends with young players is more important. You want to see improvement. You want to see the ability to counter defensive adjustments. You don't want the good season to be the outlier (also important when analyzing stats).

You can analyze players beyond looking at stats (which will actually tell you more).

What does that all have to do with labeling a QB a bus driver?

You called Dak a bus driver. I pointed out he is no more or less of a bus driver than Wentz. You then said you shouldn't count the rookie year stats into the equation. I pointed out that's wrong for players who only played short amount of time.

Now you are talking about totally something else. Now you are trying change the goal post. Nice try.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What does that all have to do with labeling a QB a bus driver?

You called Dak a bus driver. I pointed out he is no more or less of a bus driver than Wentz. You then said you shouldn't count the rookie year stats into the equation. I pointed out that's wrong for players who only played short amount of time.

Now you are talking about totally something else. Now you are trying change the goal post. Nice try.

There is far more on Wentz than Dak. Pretending there isn’t is ridiculous.

The Eagles need to win by Wentz arm, Dallas is built around the run LOL

HungryLion

Reaction score

The eagles need to win by wentz arm this season. How is that working out for them btw?

The eagles didn’t need to win by Wentz arm last season. Their rushing attack was every bit as good as the cowboys. #3 in the league. They won a ton of games. Imagine that.

I think Wentz is a better QB than Dak too. But can we stop the fallacy that Wentz has never had a great supporting cast helping him? The eagles were stacked last year.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The eagles need to win by wentz arm this season. How is that working out for them btw?

The eagles didn’t need to win by Wentz arm last season. Their rushing attack was every bit as good as the cowboys. #3 in the league. They won a ton of games. Imagine that.

I think Wentz is a better QB than Dak too. But can we stop the fallacy that Wentz has never had a great supporting cast helping him? The eagles were stacked last year.

So the primary reason why the Eagles have struggled this year is Wentz’s arm?

Zman5

Reaction score

First that's your opinion. If you like Wentz better. Go for it.
Second, my initial comment is about calling Dak a bus driver. The fact is Dak is no more or less of a bus driver than Wentz .

Their career Yards per Completion
Dak. 11.2 yards.
Wentz 11 yards.

Their career Yards per attempt.
Dak 7.4 yards.
Wentz 7 yeards.

This with Eagles as a team having more YAC yards and using more screens than the Cowboys. In fact, you won't be wrong saying Wentz throws shorter passes more often than Dak.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Dak isn’t the worst QB in the league. He ranks about 17th IMO. When you have a great team around him you can win games.

But he’s not a franchise QB.

The front office has to decide if they’re willing to gamble finding a better QB because you CAN win ugly with the current QB. You May also go 6-7 years without even a top 17 QB if you cut Dak and then waste the rest of the talent you do have.

I’d be for upgrading the QB coach and think getting his mechanics and reads fixed is enough. There’s enough missed plays out there that make me think it’s not the scheme because there’s been guys wide open for TDs that Daks missed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak haters aren't hearing all that noise. In their eyes, he's a liability despite all those statistical anomalies.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Because our "fans" our delusional. Sometimes I'm embarrassed knowing we root for the same team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So the primary reason why the Eagles have struggled this year is Wentz’s arm?

I didn’t say that at all.

The overall point of my post, which was obvious. Is that Wentz needs a team around him to win games. His arm isn’t carrying the team to anything and it didn’t carry the team to anything last year either.

Which isn’t meant as a knock on Wentz, btw.

I just hate the argument some people make about elite QB’s “carrying” teams. Even the best QB’s need help. They need less help than others. But they need help.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

How is it working? Uh, with a more deleted team and little to no help on offense, he has a similar record to ours.

Do you seriously believe Dak would perform in a similar way on the Eagles offense?

You could plug Wentz into nearly any type of offense and he could play in it. That’s a difference in mediocrity to an elite level talent.

HungryLion

Reaction score
How is it working? Uh, with a more deleted team and little to no help on offense, he has a similar record to ours.

Do you seriously believe Dak would perform in a similar way on the Eagles offense?

You could plug Wentz into nearly any type of offense and he could play in it. That’s a difference in mediocrity to an elite level talent.

Nowhere in my post did I compare Dak and Wentz.

You have a habit of twisting other people’s words so you can argue with them.

I have no interest in that.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Nowhere in my post did I compare Dak and Wentz.

You have a habit of twisting other people’s words so you can argue with them.

I have no interest in that.

Maybe you should have looked at who I was responding to while still trying to salvage yourself for hopping on the Dak bandwagon a couple years ago?

The person I responded to mentioned Dak and Wentz.

This is a fact: Eagles are relying on Wentz, who tore his knee up last year, to win them games. Even with that, they are right there with us for the division.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Second, my initial comment is about calling Dak a bus driver. The fact is Dak is no more or less of a bus driver than Wentz .

Dak. 11.2 yards.
Wentz 11 yards.

Dak 7.4 yards.
Wentz 7 yeards.

This with Eagles as a team having more YAC yards and using more screens than the Cowboys. In fact, you won't be wrong saying Wentz throws shorter passes more often than Dak.

No, it’s not about “liking Wentz” more - i’m not the one who brings up Wentz on here.

The simple fact is, Wentz needs to throw the ball near 40 times or over 40 times a game. Yet again, the Eagles are relying on him to win games...

We do not have that offense, we are built around the run. Dak has to do less.

Wentz is nowhere near bus driver. Saying that he is is not opinion, it’s just flat out wrong. Dak however, is reliant on the ground game to succeed.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Dak. 11.2 yards.
Wentz 11 yards.

Dak 7.4 yards.
Wentz 7 yeards.

Also, let’s look at yards an attempt

Dak

2016 - 8.0
2017 - 6.8
2018 - 7.3

Wentz

2016 - 6.2
2017 - 7.5
2018 - 7.7

Let’s also remember, up until the last few weeks, Dak was below 7.0 - I will not be surprised if it drops to 7.0 or below by the end of the season and Wentz ends wirh 8.0

You folks love using the 2016 data. Wentz has gradually gotten better in every category. The same is not for Dak.

Zman5

Reaction score
No, it’s not about “liking Wentz” more - i’m not the one who brings up Wentz on here.

The simple fact is, Wentz needs to throw the ball near 40 times or over 40 times a game. Yet again, the Eagles are relying on him to win games...

We do not have that offense, we are built around the run. Dak has to do less.

Wentz is nowhere near bus driver. Saying that he is is not opinion, it’s just flat out wrong. Dak however, is reliant on the ground game to succeed.

Career Pass attempts per game.

Dak 29.8
Wentz 36.2

Wenz throws 6.4 more passes a game.

I guess according to you, Aikman was a bus driver.

Zman5

Reaction score
Also, let’s look at yards an attempt

Dak

2016 - 8.0
2017 - 6.8
2018 - 7.3

Wentz

2016 - 6.2
2017 - 7.5
2018 - 7.7

Let’s also remember, up until the last few weeks, Dak was below 7.0 - I will not be surprised if it drops to 7.0 or below by the end of the season and Wentz ends wirh 8.0

You folks love using the 2016 data. Wentz has gradually gotten better in every category. The same is not for Dak.

Why don't you post the data after Dak got a top receiver for once. Something Wentz has had all of his career.

Dak since Cooper

8.0 YPA 6TD passing, 3 rushing TD

Wentz during that same time span

7.7 YPA 6TD passing , 0 rushing TD

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Why don't you post the data after Dak got a top receiver for once. Something Wentz has had all of his career.

Dak since Cooper

8.0 YPA 6TD passing, 3 rushing TD

Wentz during that same time span

7.7 YPA 6TD passing , 0 rushing TD

Cooper is not a “top receiver” - he’s had one big game.

And you are the one who attempted to use 3 seasons worth of data, I just gave you context.

Dak has a decent 3 game stretch last year as well around this time.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Career Pass attempts per game.

Dak 29.8
Wentz 36.2

Wenz throws 6.4 more passes a game.

I guess according to you, Aikman was a bus driver.

Aikman was the epitome of a bus driver LOL it’s exactly why he went to crap once we lost a few players after 95.