Twitter: Travis Frederick has struggled

superonyx

Reaction score
Wrong on that.

The DL ran a stunt. CW handed off the 1st DL to Frederick and then CW picked up the other DL that had looped around to his side.

Frederick and Martin were right there but Frederick made an odd looking move and Martin tried to pick up the DL but could quite reach him.

Frederick was either off balance or had a brain freeze.

They could use CW's part of that play as the textbook example of how to do it.
How could I be wrong? I asked a question. Rewatch the game braodcast. Collingsworth did say it was Connor who failed in his 1-1.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It was due to the bad ju-ju summoned forth from ishma by the Saints shamanic voo-doo casters,,,o_O

* And ,I don't believe the O.C. was granted his full Authority in the scripting out the "game plan" either.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The whole Oline needs to do better than what they did against the Saints. If they struggle to run block against the Packers then I will be concerned, because it could be a negative sign that they will keep struggling against the better defensive lines they will go against throughout the season.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Fred has come a long way, many thought he would never play the game again. He may not be back to his Pro Bowl self but he wasn't alone out there Sunday night, the offensive line as a whole didn't play well. We are quick to call out Garrett and Marinelli when the team or defensive unit fails so maybe it's time we call out Marc Columbo, his unit was taken to the woodshed.

Marc, what's up with the best O-line in football :huh:

John813

Reaction score
I'll say this. He's a plus for line communication. Probably still getting back into it physically.

I'll give him a pass for now.

Sydla

Reaction score
Rankins + Brown = Problems for interior OL

people under estimating how good these two are

Brown was a guy I was hoping the front office would look at. But alas, they liked what they had.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wow! Now everyone wants to cr*p on Fredbeard! Smdh. :facepalm:

Crap on him? Or admit reality?

He's not playing well and probably is going to take some time to get his legs back under him after being out a full year with an auto-immune disease.

It's hilarious that fair, logical criticism is seen by some of you homers as "crapping" on someone. That's the real head slapper here.

Verdict

Reaction score
Refs helped on that fg before halftime. That clock started a little late. About 4 seconds. Just enough to give them time for a fg attempt. I don’t think it was intentional but just saying. Our Offense had a ego coming into this game. They got handled. Everybody waiting in someone to make that big play. Dak never really called his own number. Cobb drops a catchable ball, Witten for fumbles on a scoring drive. Elliot fumbles on a scoring drive. But I do think Elliot was down.

I think the clock was intentional.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The entire line minus Collins was par at best. I don't expect anyone to take an entire season off with a significant illness, especially Guillain-Barré syndrome and return being super awesome in a short period. I expect him to improve over time. Smith is banged up, Martin is playing hurt and Williams hasn't been consistently good.
Who could run behind that mess? Pass protection was awful as well.

They need to be better.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Crap on him? Or admit reality?

He's not playing well and probably is going to take some time to get his legs back under him after being out a full year with an auto-immune disease.

It's hilarious that fair, logical criticism is seen by some of you homers as "crapping" on someone. That's the real head slapper here.
I honestly can't understand how you can take an honest look at the unit and suggest they're even above average after the NO game. I mean, I lean toward the homer side but they are not very good.

Sydla

Reaction score
I honestly can't understand how you can take an honest look at the unit and suggest they're even above average after the NO game. I mean, I lean toward the homer side but they are not very good.

They got hammered in that game. Brown and Rankins just had their way with the interior OL.

At some point, we may have to admit reality with Connor Williams too. I was expecting some real improvement and he looks just OK, and I am probably grading on a curve there.

Reactions: G2

Sydla

Reaction score
I reported last week he was PFF's 15th ranked center. He's been mediocre since his return.

A couple people on twitter also have pointed out his struggles at times every week this year.

This is nothing new. Trying to chalk this up to just "moles" is idiotic, but that's what the homers do.

The reality is he's played average, at best, to this point and then when we faced a real defense with two really good DTs, his average play got magnified.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I reported last week he was PFF's 15th ranked center. He's been mediocre since his return.......he's currently 17th
For a dude who hadn't had any football activity and limited strength and conditioning work during the entire 2018 year, I would call that pretty remarkable.

Sydla

Reaction score
For a dude who hadn't had any football activity and limited strength and conditioning work during the entire 2018 year, I would call that pretty remarkable.

Whatever you want to call it, it's still more proof that he's not played all that well.

Why do some of you get soooooo pissy when people make accurate and fair criticisms of players?

I know this is really hard for some of you guys, but sometimes, yes sometimes, Cowboys players don't play well. Shocking. I know.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yep, but he's still not close to where he was at.........point is there is a lot of room to improve. Freddie is back only in the literal sense.