Twitter: Travis Frederick Update

rags747

Reaction score
Had a buddy who came down with this out of the clear blue about 40 yrs ago, was in the hospital for about 9 months and then rehab, has been fine ever since.

GMO415

Reaction score
He's not coming back anytime soon. Move forward.
giphy.gif

Billyd

Reaction score
Guys, this thing is different for everybody..They got on it quick, treated him, and he is doing better..Originally he had issues up his arms, now just at the tips of his fingers..I also read that the usual recovery is alot at the beginning then you have a level off, then recovery happens at increments..

Point is the doctors said everything was positive..He is working out and participating in meetings with the team..

My opinion is to wait and see..Although i wouldnt put him on IR i realize more likely a three to four week ordeal hopefully..None of us really know so find other things to gripe about..There are alot!!lol

ESisback

Reaction score
They should have IRed him, another irresponsible decision from the FO.if he somehow got better we could have brought him back after 8 weeks.

Isn’t that all the FO does, make irresponsible decisions? Why even cheer for the Cowboys? With the NFL’s worst FO we don’t stand a chance, right?

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
I'll be honest... I'm more wanting him to have proper and thorough treatment, even if it means he has to miss the season or even retire to do it. his health comes first

glimmerman

Reaction score
I really think they have to leave this up to him and how he feels. The man went through training camp like this and did he play some preseason also? Doctors can treat him but I am guessing that only he knows when. I am sure they asked him if he thinks he wanted to be on IR. If Sunday was the SB I bet he would put himself in the game.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They should have IRed him, another irresponsible decision from the FO.if he somehow got better we could have brought him back after 8 weeks.

But they would have had to spend money signing a player to replace him.

Billyd

Reaction score
True, At this point im listening to what Frederick and Jason are saying..I dont believe that taking a chance that he can overcome this, is the end of the Cowboys this season... Almost sounds like some giving up early..Typical..

khiladi

Reaction score
"Constant numbness in both arms". The FO needs to IR him.

When he mentioned catching early, otherwise potential paralysis could result, i breathed a sigh of relief. Guy just needs to take his time...

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't care if not ir'ing him is a risk. As a player, he is worth any risk you like, if he can get back on the field week 3 or 4 or 5 ... then great.

but thats the fan in me speaking.

My concern is that he returns too early in the face of fan pressure to play and it seriously impacts his life long term.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Online doctors always know what’s best
Those other guys wasted a lot of time and money going to school
We have the best online doctors here, they can’t pronounce the name of his autoimmune disease but they know he needs to be on IR

At least it wasn't HIV. See, shows that Im smart!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I imagine the doctors who are treating him will know when the time is right to let him return to the field. I'm sure they'll be testing his range of motion and strength, etc., to determine the proper time to turn him loose. Here's hoping Looney will fill in admirably. In the meantime, patience is required.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Isn’t that all the FO does, make irresponsible decisions? Why even cheer for the Cowboys? With the NFL’s worst FO we don’t stand a chance, right?
No, every decision is the correct one. We have the best front office in the league. We have a team that can even beat the refs this year. Go Cowboys!!!! :thumbup: