Twitter: Travis Frederick Update

pansophy

Reaction score

This is good news. They caught it early enough that nerve damage isn't going to be extensive. It's really just about how much time. The big unanswered question is whether this is going to be a one time thing or if it is recurring.

pansophy

Reaction score
The disease process could easily be over in 4 weeks. He has no muscle weakness and literally football cannot make his symptoms worse. He is awaiting sensation to return. He will be back by week 6 max.
4 weeks from when the symptoms started, which has got to be 4 weeks by now. So really if he isn't fully into the recovery phase he is really close.

cern

Reaction score
I still think 8 weeks at best. But this is an uneducated guess, based solely on hope.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Football is an aside. IR means nothing, but a forced out. As long as he regains his full health and is able to live his life, I'm happy.

lukin2006

Reaction score
This is good news. They caught it early enough that nerve damage isn't going to be extensive. It's really just about how much time. The big unanswered question is whether this is going to be a one time thing or if it is recurring.

Very seldom does GBS recur a 2nd time. So once he's recovered he should be fine.

TonyS

Reaction score
...but is the nerve firing?

...just typing that made me so glad we're beyond that...those were trying times.

Get well, Fredbeard!

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Football is an aside. IR means nothing, but a forced out. As long as he regains his full health and is able to live his life, I'm happy.
Well, not to rain on your happy, but you may want to keep a little sad on hand for the millions that are starving, being beaten, homeless and dying from other diseases.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Get well soon Fredbeard the Great. We will not forget about you.

visionary

Reaction score
They should have IRed him, another irresponsible decision from the FO.if he somehow got better we could have brought him back after 8 weeks.

The problem is that our moronic GM goes into the season completely convinced that we will go to the SB IF ONLY 20 impossible things happen

So decisions are made based on that

dwreck27

Reaction score
I’d rather revisit bringing him back in 8 weeks and just shelve him and don’t even have it looming over his head

Chrispierce

Reaction score
If he plays he plays,but I’m not pushing for his return just so I can watch him play football. It’s not a broken arm thing you can put a timeline on. I’m surprised that guy (though not given his character) he was gutting it out through practice all off-season that way.

conner01

Reaction score
So the doctors say it is week to week. Meaning he could literally be ready to go next week. But the FO is irresponsible because they didn't shut him down for a guaranteed 8 weeks?

Okie dokie.
Online doctors always know what’s best
Those other guys wasted a lot of time and money going to school
We have the best online doctors here, they can’t pronounce the name of his autoimmune disease but they know he needs to be on IR