Travis Frederick Yells at the Sideline during Vikes game: "Why are you running this!"

efh313

Reaction score
I agree, but Dak shouldn't be playing OC. I understand audibling a few plays a game, but some are inferring that he needs to do it a lot during the game and that shouldn't be the case. He shouldn't have to do all that and play QB at once (even though audibles are a part of being a QB).
I’m kind of in the middle. I know he’s still young but he’s a 4th year QB in the NFL who’s been playing QB a loooong time. He KNEW Zeke was not breaking for any yards on 3rd and 2 after being stuffed for NO Gain.
The wrong play came in. But it was an option. The wrong choice was made. And now we are dealing with a chicken and egg situation. What do you look at to answer that? To me? Seniority!

Kellen Moore? Called in the play- OC (1 year)
Dak Prescott? Picked the run op- QB (4 years)
Jason Garrett? Can override everyone- HC (10 years!!!)

Nuff said??

remdak

Reaction score
If that play was destined to fail I just want to know why they're even running it and why the heck didn't Dak audible?

That was the easiest stop that tackle has ever had to make and it happened on one of our most crucial plays. Fire them all already, screw it.

Eventually (if Garrett stays on), Dak will learn he has to call all his own plays like Romo to make up for the poor coaching

superonyx

Reaction score
Dak had the option to keep it and run....he didn't because he's afraid of contact. :rolleyes:

So I really wish people would quit blaming Kellen Moore for the play call. If Dak makes the right read....this would have been a non issue.
It’s hard to say the right read isn’t giving Zeke the ball when you had 2 offensive linemen to block 1 defensive lineman. Why would Dak assume together they couldn’t contain this one guy?

efh313

Reaction score
In the game thread, I posted a tweet from Geoff Schwartz saying that Frederick was yelling at the sidelines after that series. This was while the game was going, so he didn't get it from a Viking. He didn't say whether he saw him yelling on TV or he received word of it from a personal contact.

Edited to add:

I stand corrected. ;)

superonyx

Reaction score
If that play was destined to fail I just want to know why they're even running it and why the heck didn't Dak audible?

That was the easiest stop that tackle has ever had to make and it happened on one of our most crucial plays. Fire them all already, screw it.

How was this play destined to fail. The problem with this play was execution of the offensive line. If they just block the correct man people would be calling it brilliant.

We are losing these games due to horrible defense and yet all we are focusing on is the offense. I’m sure the defense loves the pass they are getting this week.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
37-10. Just wanted to drop this nugget for you know who. ;)

Could be what gets them all in sync. Ya never know. Look at the Eagles after their perceived meltdown a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dez would be wise to sign with a different team. A contender who could use a receiver.

the patriots, or Seahawks, 49ers, Packers, Ravens, etc.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Maybe if the online makes their blocks. What the heck happened there? 95 just waltzed in between Fredrick and whoever else that was. Easy tackle.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am not a fan of taking the ball out of Dak's hand given how the game played out but It happens.

I still remember Peyton Manning and Jeff Saturday going at it on the sidelines.

If Conner Williams takes care of his block Dallas wins the game and no one is talking about it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Frederick is one of the smartest guys in the entire NFL.

Honestly, he should probably be clued into the gameplans each week. It'd be valuable input.

His frustration says a lot.
Why didn't Frederick say something about the bad playcall in the huddle if he knew beforehand it was a poor play to run??? I was a Center in high school...All State..., and there were times when I was allowed to question the play called in, override it and ask the QB to run a better play (on a key down with the game on the line). Guess Frederick didn't want to take responsibility for changing it? Then why complain? Just keep your mouth shut and be a "yes" man if you're not willing to step up, take responsibility and demand they change the play in the huddle.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And Fred later takes the blame for his miscommunication with Williams.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...still-smarting-after-vikings-stuffed-the-run/

Not that any of ya'll care about reality.
This falls on Frederick. He's the Center and must make the proper read or adjustment blocking for the rest of the Oline, even if a defensive line shift occurs seconds before the ball is snapped. Also looks like they don't practice enough such late second adjustments in practice, which falls on the Oline coach Colombo.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Link to article:
http://m.startribune.com/even-witho...nse-will-be-major-test-for-broncos/564875462/

Here's the quote (NOTE: this is from the DE's perspective. He's laughing at our team as we suffer):
“After the play, [Frederick] was like, ‘What are we doing here!? Why are you running this!?’” Odenigbo said with a laugh. “And I’m just celebrating. And saying, ‘Ha, ha.’ And he’s just yelling, ‘Why are we doing this!?’ Ah man, it was just a great feeling.”

This is absolutely terrible. One of the biggest leaders and one of the smarter people on the team has gone off the rails himself. You know things have to be bad if he's going off...

Things are only getting worse. We started off strong and drama free, even making fun of the Eagles, and now we have to deal with Garrett throwing people under the bus, Tavon firing back to stand up for himself, J-Lew (slightly) calling out fans, and now Frederick getting mad...Even if this team makes it to the playoffs, they aren't going to make much noise. There is too much going on deep within this organization for that to happen and Garrett is the root of all of it. Rather you believe an implode is coming or not, you cannot argue the fact that this team is unraveling sooner rather than later....

Nice reporting from an enemy DE. I can imagine his glee.

I did want to know what was said. Fredbeard is criticizing the play calling, despite his comments about new schemes from the defense and communication problems.

Further, not just that play, but why 3 plays in a row to Zeke when Dak is red hot? Zeke shouldn't even have been in the game on a 4th and 5, and certainly not to run an out.