Travis Frederick Yells at the Sideline during Vikes game: "Why are you running this!"

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
How was this play destined to fail. The problem with this play was execution of the offensive line. If they just block the correct man people would be calling it brilliant.

Yes, the overrated OL just missed their blocks, or didn't communicate with each other. I mean Zeke can fall forward 2 yards if he can just get near the LOS. Just too much penetration.

I don't mind the call, but the execution was just azzzzzz. The run blocking all night was bad.

Creeper

Reaction score
Maybe Frederick was mad at the blocking called on that play. The DT is lined up over the LG but Williams lets him go. There was no way for Frederick to get over to block him. During the game they showed a replay from teh Cowboys backfield and it was even more obvious that Frederick was never going to make the block they called for there. Maybe Frederick was just mad at himself.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Maybe if the online makes their blocks. What the heck happened there? 95 just waltzed in between Fredrick and whoever else that was. Easy tackle.
Looks like Williams should have held the block a little longer so Fredrick would have time to get to the block. Williams just released 95 too early trying to get to the 2nd level. I wonder if CW messed up or if Fred was late or a combination of both.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Looks like Williams should have held the block a little longer so Fredrick would have time to get to the block. Williams just released 95 too early trying to get to the 2nd level. I wonder if CW messed up or if Fred was late or a combination of both.
This type of screw up will cost you games, which it did. This falls on Colombo (Oline coach).

InTheZone

Reaction score
How was this play destined to fail. The problem with this play was execution of the offensive line. If they just block the correct man people would be calling it brilliant.

We are losing these games due to horrible defense and yet all we are focusing on is the offense. I’m sure the defense loves the pass they are getting this week.
yes Awuzie and LVE were the biggest contributors to the failing defense. As this thread is related to this play I'm not focusing on the defense.

Batman1980

Reaction score
If that play was destined to fail I just want to know why they're even running it and why the heck didn't Dak audible?

That was the easiest stop that tackle has ever had to make and it happened on one of our most crucial plays. Fire them all already, screw it.

I thought Frederick and Dak had the authority to change questionable plays, guess not.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Maybe Frederick was mad at the blocking called on that play. The DT is lined up over the LG but Williams lets him go. There was no way for Frederick to get over to block him. During the game they showed a replay from teh Cowboys backfield and it was even more obvious that Frederick was never going to make the block they called for there. Maybe Frederick was just mad at himself.
This is a common thing with dallas blocking schemes which are awful, they often let guys come unblocked so they can block
down field which makes no sense at all.

fivetwos

Reaction score
"WHY are you running this?"

Travis, that's been answered several times since. In order, here is your answer....

1. It is important to continue to try to run the ball.
2. They wanted to bleed the clock.

Scoring a TOUCHDOWN was of course a DISTANT THIRD on the priority list.

So, while the run didnt work all night (apparently the idea of Min doing something they hadn't done before was shocking, because how is THAT possible?), and the pass was effective at will, no real need to consider any of that.

Bottom line is this is the absolute worst NFL staff ever assembled. But hey, Jerry is comfortable. Go Jerry. Good for you.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect that Frederick is keenly aware of the fact that this team is responsible for hurting itself with schemes and play calling that sucks. It's also more than likely that he's not the only one that realizes that they're on the wrong track. Sooner or later, many changes will probably be in order. This, to me, seems just the beginning of a transition that begs to be forthcoming in the not-too-distant future. I'm bracing myself for what's to come, judging from the rough road we're seemingly on at present. Here's hoping the transition that lies ahead isn't too traumatic and that the best is yet to come! ;)

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
I keep telling you'll, it comes down to execution by the players.

Cmac

Reaction score
Link to article:
http://m.startribune.com/even-witho...nse-will-be-major-test-for-broncos/564875462/

Here's the quote (NOTE: this is from the DE's perspective. He's laughing at our team as we suffer):
“After the play, [Frederick] was like, ‘What are we doing here!? Why are you running this!?’” Odenigbo said with a laugh. “And I’m just celebrating. And saying, ‘Ha, ha.’ And he’s just yelling, ‘Why are we doing this!?’ Ah man, it was just a great feeling.”

This is absolutely terrible. One of the biggest leaders and one of the smarter people on the team has gone off the rails himself. You know things have to be bad if he's going off...

Things are only getting worse. We started off strong and drama free, even making fun of the Eagles, and now we have to deal with Garrett throwing people under the bus, Tavon firing back to stand up for himself, J-Lew (slightly) calling out fans, and now Frederick getting mad...Even if this team makes it to the playoffs, they aren't going to make much noise. There is too much going on deep within this organization for that to happen and Garrett is the root of all of it. Rather you believe an implode is coming or not, you cannot argue the fact that this team is unraveling sooner rather than later....

How dare he yell at the OC Apprentice & JG like that!!!!!

DallasInDC

Reaction score
If that play was destined to fail I just want to know why they're even running it and why the heck didn't Dak audible?

That was the easiest stop that tackle has ever had to make and it happened on one of our most crucial plays. Fire them all already, screw it.

Just looking at the spread of the Dline, if Dakota was behind center, he could have easily sneaked for two yards.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Link to article:
http://m.startribune.com/even-witho...nse-will-be-major-test-for-broncos/564875462/

Here's the quote (NOTE: this is from the DE's perspective. He's laughing at our team as we suffer):
“After the play, [Frederick] was like, ‘What are we doing here!? Why are you running this!?’” Odenigbo said with a laugh. “And I’m just celebrating. And saying, ‘Ha, ha.’ And he’s just yelling, ‘Why are we doing this!?’ Ah man, it was just a great feeling.”

This is absolutely terrible. One of the biggest leaders and one of the smarter people on the team has gone off the rails himself. You know things have to be bad if he's going off...

Things are only getting worse. We started off strong and drama free, even making fun of the Eagles, and now we have to deal with Garrett throwing people under the bus, Tavon firing back to stand up for himself, J-Lew (slightly) calling out fans, and now Frederick getting mad...Even if this team makes it to the playoffs, they aren't going to make much noise. There is too much going on deep within this organization for that to happen and Garrett is the root of all of it. Rather you believe an implode is coming or not, you cannot argue the fact that this team is unraveling sooner rather than later....
Good find!

cristglo

Reaction score
Dak needs to take the next step and audible out of bad play calls.

The Cowboys need to also run more from I-formation with a good to great blocking FB to take on any defender that gets into the backfield... to help Zeke.
The problem is that this staff dont know how to use a FB lol

phildadon86

Reaction score

Dak didn’t audible because they hadn’t prepared for that defensive alignment all week. He has never seen it.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I keep telling you'll, it comes down to execution by the players.
Yes Jason, we know that your penchant for blaming the players for lack of execution hasn’t changed in 10 years, even though the roster has turned over 3 times under your “leadership.”

Doomsay

Reaction score

We are losing these games due to horrible defense and yet all we are focusing on is the offense. I’m sure the defense loves the pass they are getting this week.
Even though he admittedly had a tough game, I’m going to trust Travis’ sentiment on this one.

Brax

Reaction score
Link to article:

I find this very hard to believe.