Trenches: Some proof on why we lose in the playoffs

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dude, you are the one putting it all on 1 TD drive, not me. You are defending Dak's putrid play by stating that 1 drive by GB made the game unwinnable.
Where did I defend Dak's play? Where did I daybreak played well?

No QB past, present, future wins that game the way our defenses played.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Jerry is concerned about selling jerseys and getting on highlight reels. Trench players don't do that. This team is absolutely not set up to win- it's set up to make money.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry is concerned about selling jerseys and getting on highlight reels. Trench players don't do that. This team is absolutely not set up to win- it's set up to make money.
I believe this draft was about physicality, so I am hopeful we have figured something out.

I believe Hunter is currently our most physical RB. I would not be surprised if we start to see more "I" formation this year.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I believe this draft was about physicality, so I am hopeful we have figured something out.

I believe Hunter is currently our most physical RB. I would not be surprised if we start to see more "I" formation this year.
Yes, against physical team ( SF , Denver a couple of seasons back , GB last playoff) we get beaten up , so I think 2024 draft was about physicality, but this cannot be overcome in one season , It also starts at the helm ( QB getting deer in the headlights look , doesn’t help )Even Parsons for all his blah blah is finesse , when the team is down he shuts his pie , nothing like Ray Lewis kind .

Sorry ranting here , but we need maulers in the OL and DL to start and punishing RBs , WRs and DBs not doing business decisions

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes, against physical team ( SF , Denver a couple of seasons back , GB last playoff) we get beaten up , so I think 2024 draft was about physicality, but this cannot be overcome in one season , It also starts at the helm ( QB getting deer in the headlights look , doesn’t help )Even Parsons for all his blah blah is finesse , when the team is down he shuts his pie , nothing like Ray Lewis kind .

Sorry ranting here , but we need maulers in the OL and DL to start and punishing RBs , WRs and DBs not doing business decisions
When we get punched in the mouth this team folds. QB is not a physical position. When your Center is in your lap, just like a DT in the lap of LB, it makes their job very difficult.

When Brady got hit he would lose his damn mind and start yelling at everyone. He new he could not be effective that way.

J_Allen

Reaction score

I hope so because I am sick and tired of getting embarrassed by the 49ers and showing up in the first round of the playoffs only to quit.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I hope so because I am sick and tired of getting embarrassed by the 49ers and showing up in the first round of the playoffs only to quit.
We have been drafting to beat the Eagles. I am hopeful we have figured out that we need to draft to beat the Niners.

That is why it pisses me off that we traded for a trance. We have then an extra $5.3M this year and we had $5.3M less. We gave them an extra 4th round pick and we had 1 less.

So we basically gave them a $10.6M and 2 4th round picks advantage to the team we are trying to catch up to. For an athlete with little to zero experience playing QB.

Lynch went from looking like an idiot drafting Trance, to looking like a genius trading him to number 1 competitor in the NFC.

Lynch is just praying we let Dak go and start Trance.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The single most devastating thing that can happen to a football team is for the other team to run the ball down their throats...you will not win a playoff game getting gouged for 15 yards a carry during drives...period. Then they did 8 times in a row for 8 scores...how does that say "We should win this game" at all?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We whiffed at RB for sure. I want to know who thought Pollard was going to be healthy enough to start the season at full strength. And most know he is not a starting RB. RB by committee won’t work IMO. Why we would not draft a young good RB is beyond me this season. I have heard we have one that’s impressing the staff. Maybe that’s something but we are gonna line Elliot up and run him.
3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The single most devastating thing that can happen to a football team is for the other team to run the ball down their throats...you will not win a playoff game getting gouged for 15 yards a carry during drives...period. Then they did 8 times in a row for 8 scores...how does that say "We should win this game" at all?
Thank you! This is so true. Once the opposing team physically dominates you from the opening whistle, it’s all over but the blaming of the QB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm in Dak threads speaking the truth - he's a good QB that puts up some big regular season numbers but when the lights get the brightest, he's lacked any real consistency. And at some point, the team has to make a decision as to whether they want to eat up 15-18% of their cap each year on a QB that can't help get the team over the hump in the playoffs.

Any sane fan would find this a perfectly rational stance. The homers, like yourself, aren't sane.
It’s not the truth. It’s your opinion. There are reasons he’s up and down in the playoffs and most of it not his fault. You hate him so much, you’re incapable of being objective. Dude was an All Pro last year. See how silly that makes you look?

GMO415

Reaction score
Cowboys don't know the meaning of grit. They are uninspired at the end of the season. They play like they're looking for the exit.

kskboys

Reaction score
Where did I defend Dak's play? Where did I daybreak played well?

No QB past, present, future wins that game the way our defenses played.
Yup. And no D, past or present, wins that game the way Dak played. It's both.

kskboys

Reaction score

Yeah, I read an article where they made it a revelation that he might get more carries. And it still makes no sense that he didn't get more carries last year.