Trenches: Some proof on why we lose in the playoffs

Sydla

Reaction score
See, you haters, the smart ones anyway, speak out both sides of your mouth so you can somehow claim you’re not partial. In this case, it’s all in one sentence.
This ain't hard. The defense was bad in the GB game. Dak didn't play well. Just because the defense failed doesn't mean we should just pat Dak on the back and give him a pass for his performance.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah my history........... which says I've been quite clear that our postseason failures are a combination of a doofus owner/GM, poor coaching, a QB that can't seem to find consistency in the biggest games, etc.

Remember, I wanted McCarthy fired after the GB game. I have lobbied long and hard for them to spend money on the DT position. I said they whiffed at RB this offseason. But apparently, I only blame Dak for everything.

As I said, the Fan Zone jester on display again.
You’re in every Dak thread posting your hate of him. Come on man.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This ain't hard. The defense was bad in the GB game. Dak didn't play well. Just because the defense failed doesn't mean we should just pat Dak on the back and give him a pass for his performance.
And no one is doing that. :rolleyes:

Sydla

Reaction score
You’re in every Dak thread posting your hate of him. Come on man.
I'm in Dak threads speaking the truth - he's a good QB that puts up some big regular season numbers but when the lights get the brightest, he's lacked any real consistency. And at some point, the team has to make a decision as to whether they want to eat up 15-18% of their cap each year on a QB that can't help get the team over the hump in the playoffs.

Any sane fan would find this a perfectly rational stance. The homers, like yourself, aren't sane.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:lmao:I'm in Dak threads speaking the truth - he's a good QB that puts up some big regular season numbers but when the lights get the brightest, he's lacked any real consistency. And at some point, the team has to make a decision as to whether they want to eat up 15-18% of their cap each year on a QB that can't help get the team over the hump in the playoffs.

Any sane fan would find this a perfectly rational stance. The homers, like yourself, aren't sane.
:lmao: You’re speaking your opinion which with a couple dollars it’ll get you a cup of coffee somewhere.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How is it inconsequential?

We can gauge the play of the OL, the WRs, the RBs, the OC, the QB while also acknowledging the fact the defense was terrible. You are using the defense's failures as a crutch to prop up Dak. Just because the defense failed doesn't mean we can then sit here and absolve Dak of any real responsibility for that game.
No I am not. Never said Dak did not play bad. I am saying the way our defense played in GB Dak would have had to be 8 for 8 in TD's.

That was never going to happen. If that was your expectation you are delusional.

Please show me any QB who has gone 8 for 8 TD drives in the playoffs.

Sydla

Reaction score
No I am not. Never said Dak did not play bad. I am saying the way our defense played in GB Dak would have had to be 8 for 8 in TD's.

That was never going to happen. If that was your expectation you are delusional.

Please show me any QB who has gone 8 for 8 TD drives in the playoffs.
What's your point?

It's not about how perfect he would have had to have been to even have a chance to win. It's about how poorly he played, especially at the beginning of the game, that aided in letting GB get a big lead. In the first half, Dak was like 7-13 for 60 yards, two picks and a TD. He wasn't good and his play ABSOLUTELY allowed the Packers to get up big on us. You are talking hypotheticals. I am talking reality.

My expectation was that he wouldn't play as poor as he did that helped GB essentially end the game at half. No, I didn't expect him to got 8 for 8 in TDs (whatever that means). But I think it's a perfectly fine expectation to sit here and say he needed to be better than he was in the first half. Maybe if he played better we still would have lost. That's actually likely given the defensive issues. But none of that changes the fact he did not play well at all, specifically in that first half and trying to mitigate his responsibility by claiming people may have had unfair expectations of how good he would have had to have been to win is just a bizarre attempt to try to let him off here.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What's your point?

It's not about how perfect he would have had to have been to even have a chance to win. It's about how poorly he played, especially at the beginning of the game, that aided in letting GB get a big lead. In the first half, Dak was like 7-13 for 60 yards, two picks and a TD. He wasn't good and his play ABSOLUTELY allowed the Packers to get up big on us. You are talking hypotheticals. I am talking reality.

My expectation was that he wouldn't play as poor as he did that helped GB essentially end the game at half. No, I didn't expect him to got 8 for 8 in TDs (whatever that means). But I think it's a perfectly fine expectation to sit here and say he needed to be better than he was in the first half. Maybe if he played better we still would have lost. That's actually likely given the defensive issues. But none of that changes the fact he did not play well at all, specifically in that first half and trying to mitigate his responsibility by claiming people may have had unfair expectations of how good he would have had to have been to win is just a bizarre attempt to try to let him off here.
The opening drive set the tone. The game was lost at the coin toss.

Sydla

Reaction score
:lmao: You’re speaking your opinion which with a couple dollars it’ll get you a cup of coffee somewhere.
Pretty much a fact.

Dak did not play well. He was pretty much atrocious in the first half. He was a factor in the team being essentially cooked by halftime. He had as much responsibility for the failures of that game as McCarthy did, the defense did, etc.

Sydla

Reaction score
The opening drive set the tone. The game was lost at the coin toss.
Great. The tone was set that the defense was gonna struggle all game.

What's that have to do with Dak and his failures that game? I mean being down 7-0 with 8 minutes to go is not some massive hole where we need the QB to play like Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Manning and Favre all morphed into one guy.

Down 7-0, he went 1-2 for no yards on our first drive. We punted. The defense actually stopped GB on 6 plays and GB punted it back to us. So at that point, it was still 7-0 the game was very much still in doubt with 1:30, I believe, left in the 1st Q. Dak then proceeded to throw an incomplete pass to Cooks and then two plays later threw that bad interception inside out own twenty that put the defense in a bad spot. They promptly gave up a score and it was 14-0.

So, yeah, not gonna buy this story that the defense was so bad that it made Dak and the offense fold early.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Great. The tone was set that the defense was gonna struggle all game.

What's that have to do with Dak and his failures that game? I mean being down 7-0 with 8 minutes to go is not some massive hole where we need the QB to play like Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Manning and Favre all morphed into one guy.

Down 7-0, he went 1-2 for no yards on our first drive. We punted. The defense actually stopped GB on 6 plays and GB punted it back to us. So at that point, it was still 7-0 the game was very much still in doubt with 1:30, I believe, left in the 1st Q. Dak then proceeded to throw an incomplete pass to Cooks and then two plays later threw that bad interception inside out own twenty that put the defense in a bad spot. They promptly gave up a score and it was 14-0.

So, yeah, not gonna buy this story that the defense was so bad that it made Dak and the offense fold early.
Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Manning or Farve were never 8 for 8 on drives for TD's.

Sydla

Reaction score
Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Manning or Farve were never 8 for 8 on drives for TD's.
LOL.

It’s clear you have no defense at this point other than some bizarre hypothetical.

Again, down 7-0, Dak went 1-2 for no yards. They punted. Defense stopped them. Dallas got the ball and Dak missed Cools then threw a pick inside our 20 yard line.

Explain how all that was set up by the bad defense.

Chasing6

Reaction score
LOL.

It’s clear you have no defense at this point other than some bizarre hypothetical.

Again, down 7-0, Dak went 1-2 for no yards. They punted. Defense stopped them. Dallas got the ball and Dak missed Cools then threw a pick inside our 20 yard line.

Explain how all that was set up by the bad defense.
Explain the 3 consecutive TD's to start the second half? The same way they started the first half.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah my history........... which says I've been quite clear that our postseason failures are a combination of a doofus owner/GM, poor coaching, a QB that can't seem to find consistency in the biggest games, etc.

Remember, I wanted McCarthy fired after the GB game. I have lobbied long and hard for them to spend money on the DT position. I said they whiffed at RB this offseason. But apparently, I only blame Dak for everything.

We whiffed at RB for sure. I want to know who thought Pollard was going to be healthy enough to start the season at full strength. And most know he is not a starting RB. RB by committee won’t work IMO. Why we would not draft a young good RB is beyond me this season. I have heard we have one that’s impressing the staff. Maybe that’s something but we are gonna line Elliot up and run him.

Sydla

Reaction score
Explain the 3 consecutive TD's to start the second half? The same way they started the first half.
Again, what does this have to do with Dak’s performance? What does three TDs to start the second half have to do with Dak’s poor performance in the first half that contributed to Dallas being down 27-7?

For all your bluster about not giving Dak a pass, you sure sound like you are trying to excuse him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Can you imagine Brady coming back if the defense continue to give up 4 more TD's in the second half? No, neither can anyone else in the World.

Part of a QB comeback to happen, the defense has to stop the other team from scoring.

If you are down 17 points in your scenario above and the D and O keep trading points you are still down 17 points.
Absolutely.

The only issue most have is claiming it was one or the other when it was most obviously both.

We desperately need big, LOS controlling DT's who collapse the pocket. Until Jerry understands that and takes action, nothing else we do will matter. Doesn't matter how good your corners are if the QB has a clean pocket.

kskboys

Reaction score

The moniker "jester" is being nice.

kskboys

Reaction score
See, you haters, the smart ones anyway, speak out both sides of your mouth so you can somehow claim you’re not partial. In this case, it’s all in one sentence.
How do you miss everything so consistently? It's just weird.

kskboys

Reaction score
What's your point?

Dak was actually worse than the D in the 1st half.