Trenches: Some proof on why we lose in the playoffs

Sydla

Reaction score
Delusional much?
LOL.

So wait, Dak hasn't had his scuffles in big games and the playoffs?

It's amazing watching you guys try to argue against reality here. Yes, our team has had a whole slew of issues over the years from bad coaches, to Jerry and his GMing, to incomplete rosters, to some players falling on their faces in big moments....................... but, Dak Prescott has also failed in big spots. It's kind of preposterous to act like he has not.

Above, the fact the defense crapped the bed against GB doesn't change the very clear reality that Dak also scuffled in that game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
LOL.

So wait, Dak hasn't had his scuffles in big games and the playoffs?

It's amazing watching you guys try to argue against reality here. Yes, our team has had a whole slew of issues over the years from bad coaches, to Jerry and his GMing, to incomplete rosters, to some players falling on their faces in big moments....................... but, Dak Prescott has also failed in big spots. It's kind of preposterous to act like he has not.
I did not say Dak has not had a bad game.

However, our entire team plays bad against good teams. More often than not we are our played physically. That is a GM problem and a coaching game plan problem.

If Dak did not throw a pick six and we punted. What from that game against GB makes you think they would not have scored a TD?

Sydla

Reaction score

However, our entire team plays bad against good teams. More often than not we are our played physically. That is a GM problem and a coaching game plan problem.

If Dak did not throw a pick six and we punted. What from that game against GB makes you think they would not have scored a TD?
Your last question is inconsequential to the discussion. The defense played poorly. Dak played poorly.

Those are just objective facts at this point. But the QB is always going to get the lion's share of scrutiny when a team fails in a big spot. That's not a Cowboys thing, that's a NFL thing. The problem is that you guys try to use the failures of others to cover up the fact that our QB more often than not, scuffles in big spots. That needs to change if there is any hope of this team getting hot/on a run this coming January. If Dak plays like he did this past January, odds are this team will be one and done again (assuming they make the playoffs) regardless of what happens around him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Your last question is inconsequential to the discussion. The defense played poorly. Dak played poorly.

Those are just objective facts at this point. But the QB is always going to get the lion's share of scrutiny when a team fails in a big spot. That's not a Cowboys thing, that's a NFL thing. The problem is that you guys try to use the failures of others to cover up the fact that our QB more often than not, scuffles in big spots. That needs to change if there is any hope of this team getting hot/on a run this coming January. If Dak plays like he did this past January, odds are this team will be one and done again (assuming they make the playoffs) regardless of what happens around him.
LOL, casual fans putting all the blame on one person not taking into account the play of others around him.

Chasing6

Reaction score

So then your first question is inconsequential.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Actually, no. That is incorrect.
Did you just start following the Dallas Cowboys recently?

Jerry did not start emphasizing the offensive line until he drafted Tyron Smith. Literally 20 years after he purchased the team. It was well-known that Jerry ignored the offensive line for years and years.

Jerry fans will literally try to tell you anything to prop him up.
He was all about flash , WRs CBs,edge , even QB was backseat. But I think after Parcells someone woke him up , started investingin OL,TYRON, ZACK, Fredbeard weresome good 1st round guys whohelped the OL tobe strength, but atthe same time we are missing on DL,more LIKE DT. Collins, Hill even Osa are marginal and not superstars.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We are acting like if Dak did not throw a pick six and punted that our D would have stopped GB.
Lol. We were not stopping anything. But it gave them a free ride to 6. I was surprised that our ST didn’t try something. We needed a spark. Heck, Parsons was finally getting the holding calls. They called holding on there o-line twice to let them know that they weren’t going to be able to mug Parsons. I thought he would take over the game. He was a non factor. Was his time to shine but not his fault. Was a failure from Dak all the way down. And up.

glimmerman

Reaction score
And one of our weaknesses is a QB that, more often than not, has his scuffles in these situations. Sure we have other issues (coaching, talent issues, etc) but the reality another of our "weaknesses" is the fact that under the brightest lights, our top shelf, elite QB often comes up small.

That's just a fact.
I have seen him have several come from behind wins with his team. But in the playoffs you’re trying to do it against an evenly talented team and it takes more support than we currently have. And I am not disagreeing with you.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He may not be better but the supporting cast around him certainly would be assuming we actually use the cap
So if we used Trey then we need even more talent around him than around Dak. We won’t even give the Defense a descent DT1.. We had the money when Dak was on his rookie deal and made next to nothing. What did we do with the money. And the first couple of years of his first big contract. Now it’s time to pay the check.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You should have posted this on the night of January 14th 2024. How do you think it would have gone?

But five months later after the heat is gone let's have a very thinly veiled Prescott thread by deflecting about the trenches.

There should be no threads about the greatness of Prescott till he actually does something great.

I laughed at the thread comparing Prescott and Mahomes stats, minus the playoffs of course.

That's why Prescott supporters are laughed at. It's never Prescott's fault. Even when the rest of the world knows he sheet the bed.
Right you are, govnor, right you are.
What Dak's acolytes ALWAYS ignore are results, as in not choking 3 consecutive times in the playoffs.
Also, the Dak Pack ALWAYS dwells on 12-win seasons. What is the point of that? Flopping in the wild card game to get a lousy draft number?

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

True. But great QBs take it upon themselves to fight and bring the team back and win games which matter.

Can you imagine if PATs had Dak at QB and faced a 23-6 situation in playoffs , let alone in SB, would they have won the game ?

Dak is not a bad QB ,but its been there and now we need to go different direction.

Chasing6

Reaction score
True. But great QBs take it upon themselves to fight and bring the team back and win games which matter.

Can you imagine if PATs had Dak at QB and faced a 23-6 situation in playoffs , let alone in SB, would they have won the game ?

Dak is not a bad QB ,but its been there and now we need to go different direction.
Can you imagine Brady coming back if the defense continue to give up 4 more TD's in the second half? No, neither can anyone else in the World.

Part of a QB comeback to happen, the defense has to stop the other team from scoring.

If you are down 17 points in your scenario above and the D and O keep trading points you are still down 17 points.

Havic

Reaction score
So if we used Trey then we need even more talent around him than around Dak. We won’t even give the Defense a descent DT1.. We had the money when Dak was on his rookie deal and made next to nothing. What did we do with the money. And the first couple of years of his first big contract. Now it’s time to pay the check.
I'd take Trey at 20m a year over Dak at 60. Agreed, team faltered on his rookie contract for sure, thats on the GM. Dak got his big contract and hasnt done anything with it when it comes playoff time. I'm ready to move on.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL, casual fans putting all the blame on one person not taking into account the play of others around him.
LOL, Fan Zone's jester can't comprehend what he reads.

Where did I say all the blame is on Dak? I've said the exact opposite. But what I won't do is use the failures of others to then excuse Dak and try to convince myself he's played swell and was just let down by everyone around him.

Sydla

Reaction score
So then your first question is inconsequential.
How is it inconsequential?

We can gauge the play of the OL, the WRs, the RBs, the OC, the QB while also acknowledging the fact the defense was terrible. You are using the defense's failures as a crutch to prop up Dak. Just because the defense failed doesn't mean we can then sit here and absolve Dak of any real responsibility for that game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL, Fan Zone's jester can't comprehend what he reads.

Where did I say all the blame is on Dak? I've said the exact opposite. But what I won't do is use the failures of others to then excuse Dak and try to convince myself he's played swell and was just let down by everyone around him.
Dude,,,,,,,,you’re history here. :rolleyes:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How is it inconsequential?

We can gauge the play of the OL, the WRs, the RBs, the OC, the QB while also acknowledging the fact the defense was terrible. You are using the defense's failures as a crutch to prop up Dak. Just because the defense failed doesn't mean we can then sit here and absolve Dak of any real responsibility for that game.
See, you haters, the smart ones anyway, speak out both sides of your mouth so you can somehow claim you’re not partial. In this case, it’s all in one sentence.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dude,,,,,,,,you’re history here. :rolleyes:
Yeah my history........... which says I've been quite clear that our postseason failures are a combination of a doofus owner/GM, poor coaching, a QB that can't seem to find consistency in the biggest games, etc.

Remember, I wanted McCarthy fired after the GB game. I have lobbied long and hard for them to spend money on the DT position. I said they whiffed at RB this offseason. But apparently, I only blame Dak for everything.

As I said, the Fan Zone jester on display again.