Trent Dilfer: If Cowboys fire Garrett, he'll be No. 1 candidate NFL Jobs for

skinsscalper

Reaction score
True but with the amount of talent that has come and gone, 3-4 division titles and 2 post season wins is underwhelming.
This is the point that gets missed with Garrett. He's wasted the HOF/borderline HOF or All pro seasons/careers of Romo, Witten, Ware, Smith, Owens (love him or hate him the guy straight up produced for this team), Bryant, Martin, Fredbeard, etc.

That's a whole lot of wasted talent seasons. Can't wait until the door hits him in the *** on the way out.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Remember, our problem with Jason isn't he doesn't win........just not enough. Much higher standards here......
What standards?

They haven't won a divisional round playoff game since before smart phones, HDTV, blu ray, and the internet beyond a 16K connection existed. Clinton was president.

I've had a kid be born, grow up, and graduate from college since then.

Jerry eliminated all standards. This team is now the Bengals.

Only the Cowboys, Lions, and Commanders have failed to make the NFC Championship game since 1995.

Carson

Reaction score
When did Trent Dilfer become Garrett's agent? He's kissing his butt like there's money involved.

it’s what the media does for Dallas.

players and coaches stink. Until they are free agents or contracts are up. Then they are the best.

Remember they used to bash our secondary of Carr, Mo, Church and Wilcox. We move on and they all of sudden are irreplaceable

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When did Trent Dilfer become Garrett's agent? He's kissing his butt like there's money involved.
No, Dilfer's got this thing about seeing a guy piled on. He did that when he was on ESPN. I think he relates to it and never liked that "bus driver' tag he got.

And if you watched him back then, he wasn't shy about calling out the Dallas FO for some of the problems being hung on the coach. I remember when that whole "reliable source" fiasco was going on, instead of calling out Phillips, he put it squarely on Booger for trying to use the media for his benefit and it backfired. He stopped just short of naming the "reliable source" but I agreed where he was going and that source was indeed reliable as it was Booger's son. That was his little plan to get Phillips out and his bud in.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's knocking down 10M a season with the largest coaching staff in football and has 5 stars willing to ride the bench to get one good year and get drafted in the 1st round.

Besides that, he and Garrett are friends, he knows more about that job than anyone in college football.

Saban's biggest NFL failure/mistake was choosing Dante Cupper over Drew Brees. There were medical concerns over Brees's shoulder, although Drs had cleared him.

JayFord

Reaction score
Fine by me

i dont care if he wins a SB with his next team he wont win one here

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He’s incredibly well regarded in NFL coaching/GM circles. And the fact is there are not a lot of coaches available with 3-4 division titles on their resume.
He’s good for 2-3 losses a year on poor end of the game clock management. Those 2-3 losses each season keep or has kept us out of the playoffs like this year. That’s happened at least 4 seasons he’s been here. He’s not a good head coach, he’s a scatter brain at the end of games.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saban's biggest NFL failure/mistake was choosing Dante Cupper over Drew Brees. There were medical concerns over Brees's shoulder, although Drs had cleared him.
I remember that but they cleared him but wouldn't guarantee that he was 100%. Payton took a leap of faith that the 6' QB had enough "prove them wrong" in him because he was already being called a bust and he was injured. Not really fair.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sorry, i won't believe until I see it...

I think the way he presents himself will fool these older owners and GMs because he does carry himself properly.

I don’t know how any GM would want this guy coaching their team after seeing what he did in Dallas this year with the amount of talent he had.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
The issues in Dallas go beyond the head coach, but Garrett needs a change of scenery and so do Cowboys fans.
That's the other point that gets missed. Both Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells have said that after a while your message gets stale. It doesn't matter how successful you are. The ONLY coach in the NFL that has bucked that trend is Bill Belicheck and he happens to be the greatest head coach in the history of the game

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the way he presents himself will fool these older owners and GMs because he does carry himself properly.

I don’t know how any GM would want this guy coaching their team after seeing what he did in Dallas this year with the amount of talent he had.
Depends on whether that GM overvalued the talent like some others did.

ksadler1

Reaction score
What standards?

They haven't won a divisional round playoff game since before smart phones, HDTV, blu ray, and the internet beyond a 16K connection existed. Clinton was president.

Only the Cowboys, Lions, and Commanders have failed to make the NFC Championship game since 1995.

Hahaha, this is actually the ultimate reality post.

I can't remember who posted it awhile back but he/she said, "l was in diapers the last time this team won anything significant and I'll probably be back in diapers before they win anything significant again"...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Just because you don’t like Garrett doesn’t mean he has no value. For whatever reason, most people can only think in extremes. If you can’t be the best then you must be the worst.

Garrett would be great to rebuild a bottom feeding team to become consistent playoff contenders. I just don’t think he has what it takes to get the team to the top.

He will get hired somewhere and I will actually wish him well.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What standards?

We'll never be the Bengals or any other losing franchise for that matter.......5 Super Bowls sets that standard here. That will never change....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the other point that gets missed. Both Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells have said that after a while your message gets stale. It doesn't matter how successful you are. The ONLY coach in the NFL that has bucked that trend is Bill Belicheck and he happens to be the greatest head coach in the history of the game
If you've noticed, Belichick keeps his message fresh with turnover or he brings in vets that know his message is dead on. If he senses a player is bored with his message, he lets them be entertained with another team.

I think Johnson and Parcells saw the writing on the wall with the cap and FA and knew the inmates would soon be running their asylum and both got a taste of that and said enough is enough.

erod

Reaction score
We'll never be the Bengals or any other losing franchise for that matter.......5 Super Bowls sets that standard here. That will never change....
That's like saying Germany is one of the greatest military powers in the world, or Farrah Fawcett is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Those days are dead.

That last Super Bowl team had players now in their 60s.