darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

TwentyOne

Reaction score

T-RO

Reaction score
Diggs has given up 248 yards in 5 games this season.
source: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DiggTr00.htm

That not 100 yds per game. Its not even 50 yds per game.

Maybe Bogle should spend more time in math courses than posting on twitter. Well of course only if he cares about knowledge or his reputation.

There clearly seems to be some dispute about Pro Football reference's numbers. Those are pseudo-stats as they are based on subjective evaluation of assignment. PFF and a considerable swath of other people have said Diggs is a "make-a-play, give-up-a-play" kind of corner. I haven't studied tape enough to have an opinion on his "shut-down" skills. Do love those game-changing picks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There clearly seems to be some dispute about Pro Football reference's numbers. Those are pseudo-stats as they are based on subjective evaluation of assignment. PFF and a considerable swath of other people have said Diggs is a "make-a-play, give-up-a-play" kind of corner. I haven't studied tape enough to have an opinion on his "shut-down" skills. Do love those game-changing picks.
Same can be said for PFF though. Those are the stats most people reference when they say he gives up alot of yards. Any unofficial stat has to be taken with a grain of salt, especially coverage stats.

T-RO

Reaction score
Same can be said for PFF though. Those are the stats most people reference when they say he gives up alot of yards. Any unofficial stat has to be taken with a grain of salt, especially coverage stats.

PFF grades aren't stats at all. Don't claim to be. They are subjective grades and don't pretend to be more.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
PFF grades aren't stats at all. Don't claim to be. They are subjective grades and don't pretend to be more.
I havent seen PFF's updated stats for Diggs, however before the only major difference from PFR was yards allowed. Everything else was ball park. PFF's yardage allowed seems high across the board, so it wouldn't surprise if they will assign yards to 2 DB's on the same play (ex. Assigning yards to both Kazee and Diggs for the 75 yard TD) . Conversely, PFR's seems very low. So it wouldn't surprise if they only use targets where the player was isolated. Neither method is perfect.

PFR's advanced stats are tracked by Sportradar

Cumart21

Reaction score
Diggs is a playmaker who plays the CB position. Definitely not lockdown, yet but he has great instincts and has cashed in on his opportunities so far.

He's not a great tackler and often gives up extra yards going for the strip.

As for the yardage stat, roughly 30% of those yards came on that one play, which visibly bothered him (which I love). He seems to be driven to be great, which is just as important as everything else.

Any NFL fan would love to have him on their team. We are lucky to have him. Enjoy it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In watching that play, it appeared to me that Diggs was trying to play the ball/bait the throw and misjudged it.

Maybe it’s semantics and it’s still getting beat… but I’d be more concerned if he was just lost on that play or didn’t have the speed to stick with the receiver.

A correctable mistake versus not having the speed or being just generally cluelessness.
Diggs took the blame....but Kazee screwed up. he is the deep saftey and suppose to be there to stop that big play.....

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
If you are going to claim slander then show where it is or post the links instead of telling people to go search for it themselves.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Diggs will give up a play but he also is a risk to challenge. shutdown? maybe but you throw at him at your own risk. Guys hauling in 7 ints, one in every game and 2 pick 6 is pretty much unheard of.
I don't mind the yards because he's forcing turnovers. I can live with that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
On the long TD play I think he didn’t expect the ball to be thrown to his side and didn’t see the ball for a second. If he saw it coming it was another pick 6. Safety may have been playing the ball as well. It’s one play and we won the game. If not for his pick 6 we lose.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
There is this narrative that is going around that T. Diggs is a feast or famine cb. It’s absolutely maddening listening to these idiots (mostly opposing fans) suggest that Diggs gets burned for big plays more often than he makes big plays.

These are some of the worst takes I’ve seen in ages. It’s starting to remind me of the Romo slander. Sure Diggs got beat (never should have been a td, but that’s beside the point) on the long td play yesterday but that’s like one of the very few big plays he’s given up all year. If anybody has some great Diggs stats to share, please do so.
every tv show that shows highlights showed that juxtaposition of the two plays and simple lazy people just see that and its all they know. It did happen in back to back plays which kind of made it ironic.
Thats what they used to say about Everson Walls

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
On the long TD play I think he didn’t expect the ball to be thrown to his side and didn’t see the ball for a second. If he saw it coming it was another pick 6. Safety may have been playing the ball as well. It’s one play and we won the game. If not for his pick 6 we lose.
He'll learn from it. He needs to always be ready. The mental error by him and Kazee almost costed us the game there.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He'll learn from it. He needs to always be ready. The mental error by him and Kazee almost costed us the game there.
Yep. He was a few inches from another pick. The safety needs to do a little better also. Was a real bad angle. Diggs is still learning.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yep. He was a few inches from another pick. The safety needs to do a little better also. Was a real bad angle. Diggs is still learning.
It was a horrible angle by Kazee. It was a horrible decision by Mac to even throw that pass, but it worked out because of the brain farts. If Kazee doesn't have a mental break on that play it's another pick easily.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He's not Jalen Ramsey but he's a young emerging great CB. These so called internet scouts and critics think it's normal for a 2nd year CB to have 7 INTs in 6 games or 11INTs in his last 10 games. He's basically on a historic run here. Similar to Micah Parsons, he's still a young player and figuring out the NFL. He's only going to get better. That's when you'll see him clamp down even more and not give up some of the yardage he may now.