Twitter: Trevon & The Washington Franchise

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
There will never be a time where I'll refer to them as the Red skins. I don't care even if I get banned from Cowboys Zone for circumventing the name auto correcting as Football Team.
I hate that auto correct, I find it insulting. The Dolphins beat the Red Skins in SB VII like it or not. If I called the current team that Id be wrong but history is history you cant time travel

RoboQB

Reaction score
There will never be a time where I'll refer to them as the Red skins. I don't care even if I get banned from Cowboys Zone for circumventing the name auto correcting as Football Team.

In Southern Maryland, they've always been referred to as "The 'Skins".
Which should be the "new" name. The Washington 'Skins.
Everyone here would enjoy that. Even my old Indian friend, John, who
can be seen at a local bar wearing one of three different Redskinz shirts.

Holy shyte! We can't say "Commanders"!?!
Such bs! I honestly didn't know this.
The whole country has gone SAWFT.

That's crazy. R e d s k I n s, if spelled out normally turns into Football Team.
Why? This is a Cowboys forum. Our top rival in our history is the REDSKINNNNS!
WOW.

Last edited:

817Gill

Reaction score
I would never want to live anywhere near DC. It's the heart of this countries problems.
Really has nothing to do with the quality of life there lol. Three of the richest counties in America are in the DMV while school systems, crime rates, and ethnic diversity are all amongst the best in the country.

It’s consistently rated as one of the best places to live and raise a family in America cause of the safety and high rated school system. It’s a bit pricey though which could be a drawback.

Remember the DC tri-state area is more than just the capitol. In fact DC is tiny, most people live and work in the surrounding parts of Maryland and Virginia which is where the term DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) comes from.

I’ve lived in the DMV, Texas, Michigan, Atlanta, and now LA. In terms of raising a family and being safe and secure living a peaceful 3-story house with white picket fence life Northern Va and most parts of southern Maryland are amongst the best.

shabazz

Reaction score
I hate that auto correct, I find it insulting. The Dolphins beat the Red Skins in SB VII like it or not. If I called the current team that Id be wrong but history is history you cant time travel

......google search will probably censor or autocorrect that name as well.....thank God they are there to save us from ourselves.....they know best

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
i use to watch them at RFK stadium. both teams were great as were the games.
RFK use to have "the stadium bounce" (stands literally bounced). heres a short video

A family friend had season tickets back in the early 90s and fortunately occasionally had a spare for me to tag along. I'm telling you, there's nothing like RFK when that team was good. I used to go and root for the Cowboys obviously and whatever other team team they were playing. It was like going to the high school game of the year with 45,000 packed stadium. Of all the NFL stadiums I've been to since, only the Ravens M&T Stadium even comes close to that atmosphere.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Yes, the DMV area is probably 40% 'Skins fans, 40% Cowoys fans and
20% all other teams combined.

Oh, and nobody here in Southern Maryland says "Washington Football Team".
At least, not without an eyeroll.
You SMIB you

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Thank you. I also call them that, WFT reads and sounds ridiculous.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Man, it's the red skins. I'm tired of people trying to elevate their status by changing any team name to something clunky. Indian tribes across this nation didn't want the name to go, they are proud of their skin color. In fact.... one of their derogatory terms for a fellow Indian who leaves his roots... Apple.... Red on the outside, white on the inside. Again, proud of their skin color.

We need to honor our traditions and not try to cover up parts of history that we have learned from.

fredp22

Reaction score
A family friend had season tickets back in the early 90s and fortunately occasionally had a spare for me to tag along. I'm telling you, there's nothing like RFK when that team was good. I used to go and root for the Cowboys obviously and whatever other team team they were playing. It was like going to the high school game of the year with 45,000 packed stadium. Of all the NFL stadiums I've been to since, only the Ravens M&T Stadium even comes close to that atmosphere.
agree
i really enjoyed the atmosphere and the crowd noise in RFK. always a fun time. Didnt carryover to Fed-ex field

Red Dragon

Reaction score
i use to watch them at RFK stadium. both teams were great as were the games.
RFK use to have "the stadium bounce" (stands literally bounced). heres a short video

I am not an engineer but isn't it extremely dangerous to induce this sort of resonance where everyone is going up and down in unison? Structures have been known to collapse from that.

fredp22

Reaction score
I am not an engineer but isn't it extremely dangerous to induce this sort of resonance where everyone is going up and down in unison? Structures have been known to collapse from that.
ran through through your mind every time it was bouncing. must of had a green light from engineers cause it was during every game. it was the character of the stadium.
wasnt just the crowd-the stands were moving about foot and half on each jump
watch it again with volume way up-that was RFK

Last edited: