Twitter: Trevon & The Washington Franchise

Dre11

Reaction score
Yes, the DMV area is probably 40% 'Skins fans, 40% Cowoys fans and
20% all other teams combined.

Oh, and nobody here in Southern Maryland says "Washington Football Team".
At least, not without an eyeroll.

I say Washington. I'm here in Annapolis.

Dre11

Reaction score
Crazy how many of us on the forum have lived out there. I lived there for 9 before moving to the West Coast.

I'm here. Been to many Cowboy games here and a couple hours up 95 to Philly and Giants games against Cowboys.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Man, it's the red skins. I'm tired of people trying to elevate their status by changing any team name to something clunky. Indian tribes across this nation didn't want the name to go, they are proud of their skin color. In fact.... one of their derogatory terms for a fellow Indian who leaves his roots... Apple.... Red on the outside, white on the inside. Again, proud of their skin color.

We need to honor our traditions and not try to cover up parts of history that we have learned from.
it is strange how we talk about white people and black people all the time in any number of acceptable contexts. Culture and language can be odd at times. But it was awkward to have a pro sports team named that. I am ok with them changing it. I just dont think there is anything wrong with saying Billy Kilmer was the quarterback of the rred skins in 1972.

Dre11

Reaction score
PG County, Charles County, Calvert County. St. Mary's County.
Everyone calls them 'Skins or Deadskins or Foreskins.
All but you and your compliant friends, that is.

I grew up in Calvert county. Lived there for 35 years Graduated from Northern. Washington is what they called them along with Commanders.

Zman5

Reaction score
I want to say he was at least partly a Skins fan. He's got HTTR in his timeline from 2018

According to someone who is supposed to be a family friend, he was cheering for the Skins that week because them winning helped the Cowboys.

According to the guy, the whole Diggs' family are Cowboys fans because of the father.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I grew up in Calvert county. Lived there for 35 years Graduated from Northern. Washington is what they called them along with Football Team.

OK, well, I don't believe you.

From Prince Frederick to Soloman's Island, over the bridge into St. Mary's,
up 235/5 into Waldorf, up 301/5 to Upper Marlboro, Clinton, Camp Springs and Bowie,
FOR AT LEAST THE PAST 50 YEARS, they've been,, and still are, called the 'Skins.,

Maybe you don't get out very much.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There will never be a time where I'll refer to them as the Red skins. I don't care even if I get banned from Cowboys Zone for circumventing the name auto correcting as Football Team.
Yes, the DMV area is probably 40% 'Skins fans, 40% Cowoys fans and
20% all other teams combined.

Oh, and nobody here in Southern Maryland says "Washington Football Team".
At least, not without an eyeroll.
Just call them the Skins...

Dre11

Reaction score
OK, well, I don't believe you.

From Prince Frederick to Soloman's Island, over the bridge into St. Mary's,
up 235/5 into Waldorf, up 301/5 to Upper Marlboro, Clinton, Camp Springs and Bowie,
FOR AT LEAST THE PAST 50 YEARS, they've been,, and still are, called the 'Skins.,

Maybe you don't get out very much.

I'm a fixture in the county and we'll known, grew up in Huntingtown went to Northern , Coached football at Northern, I think I have a better idea of area than you. I battled washington fans for years .

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm a fixture in the county and we'll known, grew up in Huntingtown went to Northern , Coached football at Northern, I think I have a better idea of area than you. I battled washington fans for years .

Lol. A fixture.
Okay, pal.
I'm saying you must never leave that area.
Because they've been called the 'Skins by everyone I know in
4 counties. Oh, and I'm a pillar of those counties.
"What time do the 'Skins play?"
"Who do the 'Skins play?
"The 'Skins are going to the Super Bowl.""
You're telling me nobody in Huntingtown has ever said that in 35 years.
I'm calling you a liar.