News: Trevor Lawrence and the Jags have agreed to a 5-year, $275M extension

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The guy is 10 games under 500 after three seasons. He has only 58 career TD passes with a career passer rating of 85.0 and his playoff record is 1-1. He hasn’t come close to living up to the high expectations he had coming out of college. No way is he worth $55M per with $200M guaranteed. Dak will want more than him and will have a good case.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
In 1988, only 12 NFL players made more than 1 million a year. I still remember a MNF Game back around '88 or '89 when I was still just a little chillin', when AL. Frank and Dan were on, and some QB had just signed a TWO mil a year cintract...may have been Kelly or Marino or Cunningham, but I just remember them saying in an astonished voice "TWO MILLION A YEAR..."and the other 2 guys going "WHEW!!!". That was a bit less than 40 years ago.

I wonder what will happen in next 40 years? (Assuming they don't outlaw football).

if the next 40 has same % increase as last 40, we'll be seeing a Billion dollar a year QB.

Well....at least I will be seeing that. Most of you will be with Jerruh. (Bring a fan)

Too soon?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Had Lawrence been a later first round pick or taken after the first round, NO WAY does he get that contract.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He might be the most overrated qb in this league
Yep......I have read nuggets from a few insiders implying he may have regressed a bit last season. But either way, he was the first overall pick. He was getting a 2nd deal regardless

Yobwocs

Reaction score
These people are way too biased against Dak. Fact is, if Dak hits the free agency market, half the teams will lap him up - and the media will go into a frenzy predicting which team will pick up him.... every single day.

Lawrence is nowhere near as popular as Dak, not talked about as much. He's nowhere near as good, and everyone craps on him when comparing him to his division rival Stroud.... these people need to step out of Dallas for a change. Who cares about his college championship lmao. He won it at Clemson with Dabo Swinney. Mahomes didn't win one in Texas Tech... wonder why that is lmao.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is a smart move by the Jags. He's going into his 4th year......there was no way in hell they weren't giving him a 2nd contract. Why not do it as early as possible coz IF he's your future, his numbers are going up yearly. Three years from now, this deal could be cheap.
If they were willing to pay him all that money for as little as he’s done, he’ll most certainly see a second contract if he improves, and they start having playoff success.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He might be the most overrated qb in this league
All due to his draft status that had him as the 5th highest rated QB in NFL draft history. He hasn’t come remotely close to living up to it. Not sure how he ever got rated that high. I’ve seen him play a number of times and he hasn’t been very impressive.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
To be clear here TL is a national championship winning QB that is 24. Thought of as one of the best QB prospects in years. Our guy is 31 and has demonstrated expertise in choking during big games. To suggest Dak should get paid anywhere near this is pure stupidity.
Dak is the runner up MVP in the NFL. Who cares what TL did in college at this point. And I'm not a Dak lover or hater. Just speaking facts

stinkface

Reaction score
The guy is 10 games under 500 after three seasons. He has only 58 career TD passes with a career passer rating of 85.0 and his playoff record is 1-1. He hasn’t come close to living up to the high expectations he had coming out of college. No way is he worth $55M per with $200M guaranteed. Dak will want more than him and will have a good case.
Except Lawrence has more potential then Dak considering he is 7 years younger then Dak.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
These contracts are getting out of hand. It doesn't even matter anymore if the QB is elite or deserving, it's just a "next man up is the highest paid" type of deal now. Over-inflates the QB market, and makes it hard for teams to keep their rosters together. Is TL really worth the same/more than Mahomes? Hell no! Really wish NFL would put a cap on the QB contracts kinda like how the rookies get.