News: Trevor Lawrence and the Jags have agreed to a 5-year, $275M extension

Jipper

Reaction score
5 for 275 and sime thi k Dak won't get 60 a year lmao
He won't, at least not from the cowboys. If he was going to get a big contract it would have been done.

The only way that something changes is if dak performs in the playoffs this year which is highly unlikely.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
To be clear here TL is a national championship winning QB that is 24. Thought of as one of the best QB prospects in years. Our guy is 31 and has demonstrated expertise in choking during big games. To suggest Dak should get paid anywhere near this is pure stupidity.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Flamma

Reaction score

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Had Lawrence been a later first round pick or taken after the first round, NO WAY does he get that contract.
I disagree. It doesn’t matter where a guy is drafted or if he’s a free agent, if you want to resign your franchise QB as the starter for the next 4-5 years and focus only on the team, this is the cost of doing it. It doesn’t matter if your confirmed starting QB is great or middle of the pack, you have to pay him.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yo just can’t win like this. It’s way better rolling the dice with a young QB and having a solid roster around him. QB’s making 50-60 million per year will have bare bones rosters.
You can't once the cap hits get restrictive. But they have about a 3 year window before that happens.

Flamma

Reaction score
I disagree. It doesn’t matter where a guy is drafted or if he’s a free agent, if you want to resign your franchise QB as the starter for the next 4-5 years and focus only on the team, this is the cost of doing it. It doesn’t matter if your confirmed starting QB is great or middle of the pack, you have to pay him.
You're absolutely right. Jalen Hurts is a good example. Maybe he meant that the Jags wouldn't have given him that contract this quickly had he been a later pick. Based on his play up until this point.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Also, he's the most overrated guy with long hair ever. I dig me some Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans and Kurt Cobain 1991-1993. I usually like guys with long hair.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At no point has he ever looked as good as Dak. He’s played three full seasons and hasn’t looked very impressive. The only thing Lawrence does well is toss his hair around.
Except Dak has been surrounded by MASSIVE amounts of talent to help him look better.

Last year Dak had 3 All-Pro linemen, another one that was a Pro Bowler, and an All-Pro WR.

The year before he had a Pro Bowl TE and RB.

Dak has had an absolutely ideal situation for Years, and he’s done jack squat with it when it mattered most.

If Dak started his career in Jacksonville, he would have been out of the league years ago.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It matters with Lawrence. He was the number one overall pick. No one is going to pay a middle of the pack QB that much money. They know he has the potential to get better and they don’t have anyone that’s better. The fact there isn’t a better option available is the reason some of these QBs are making so much money. If you don’t extend them you’re stuck without a viable QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Except Dak has been surrounded by MASSIVE amounts of talent to help him look better.

Last year Dak had 3 All-Pro linemen, another one that was a Pro Bowler, and an All-Pro WR.

The year before he had a Pro Bowl TE and RB.

Dak has had an absolutely ideal situation for Years, and he’s done jack squat with it when it mattered most.

If Dak started his career in Jacksonville, he would have been out of the league years ago.
Go rant about Dak to someone else.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Many pundits think this is why Dak will not sign a new contract with Dallas This year. I can guarantee you his agent and anyone else advising him is telling him not to sign. He can play out this year at a near the top contract. Then he hits free agency, and there is absolutely nothing Dallas can do about it. He will be able to sign with any team he wishes, and the desperate teams will drive up the price.

Unless Dak wants to take a top of the market contract now, which would be doing the team a favor and sacrificing millions, the Cowboys only options will be:
  1. Outbid other teams and pay Dak an enormous contract. They can afford it because the CAP continues to skyrocket, but this is a mess of their own creation when they franchised him instead of resigning him early and then giving him all the power in his new contract just to save a few bucks.
  2. They can let him walk and content themselves with a compensatory draft pick and once again be the laughing stock of the NFL. Even if they luck into another franchise QB somehow, putting themselves in a position where they can’t even recoup value in a trade and watching him walk for nothing but a 3rd round pick will go down in history like the Hershall Walker trade is linked to the Vikings.
Even fans who hate Dak for whatever reason and will be happy when he’s gone have to admit that the Jones boys have been taken to the woodshed, but they foolishly skipped there with smiles on their faces. If Dak resigns before playing out his 2024 contract year for any amount of money, it will be clear that he loves the Dallas Cowboys more than what’s best for him personally.

I‘ll bet every member of the NFLPA who isn’t a Cowboy is praying he will play out this year and become a free agent. It will be the ultimate player wins against the owner scenario.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
If facts are a rant….

Then I suppose that was a rant.
Facts, please share the facts. Tell me some Josh Allen facts (who I'm sure you think is top 3). Tell me some Dak facts... who is a mediocre QB but a MVP candidate? And if he is that loser you say he is then what does it tell you about QB's if said loser is in the running fot MVP? Fact is that you DON'T know football and are dumber than an Eagles fan...FACT!!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If Dak resigns before playing out his 2024 contract year for any amount of money, it will be clear that he loves the Dallas Cowboys more than what’s best for him personally.
This is hilarious. Anyone who thinks Dak is loyal to anything but himself is in for a very rude awakening. Dak is going to follow the money and nothing else.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Facts, please share the facts. Tell me some Josh Allen facts (who I'm sure you think is top 3). Tell me some Dak facts... who is a mediocre QB but a MVP candidate? And if he is that loser you say he is then what does it tell you about QB's if said loser is in the running fot MVP? Fact is that you DON'T know football and are dumber than an Eagles fan...FACT!!
Haha. You really showed off your IQ with this one…

NFL 1st Place MVP votes:
Lamar Jackson: 49
Josh Allen: 1
Dak Prescott: 0

Please educate yourself next time before spouting off.
It’s embarrassing.