News: Trevor Lawrence and the Jags have agreed to a 5-year, $275M extension

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He got his 1st BIG BAG (and worth the risk by the Jaguars) now they can only hope he doesn't fail esp in the playoffs when he is almost 30 years old and wants another big bag. :muttley:
Apples to Apples folks.............if you're looking to be fair here.
I'm headed to the dog pound right this moment to fill up a big bag for Dak!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

When Hurts signed his extension he was, at that moment, the highest paid player in NFL history. That contract became effective three months ago, in March of this year. Already five QBs have surpassed him in compensation and only one of the five has played in a Super Bowl (Goff). Prescott, Tagovailoa, and Love will be higher paid than Hurts before his contract even gets into its 2nd year. No upside to waiting if you’re QB is performing well and/or has the potential to perform well.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
To be clear here TL is a national championship winning QB that is 24. Thought of as one of the best QB prospects in years. Our guy is 31 and has demonstrated expertise in choking during big games. To suggest Dak should get paid anywhere near this is pure stupidity.
Agree its stupidity, but the fact is Dak's price just went up anyway.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Unlike Dallas, Jax saw the writing on the wall, and in the years to come this will be an average sum for a starting QB.
Though I have seen nothing from Trevor to make me think he will ever get to a SB.

This is just the cost of resigning a starting/franchise QB, even an average one.
Unbelievable college career. Beat a Saban team to win a national championship as a teenager. First team all pro 2 years ago. Played hurt much of last year. 24 years old. Why do you think he can’t get to a SB? What a silly take.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The AFC is going to have lots of $50 million dollar quarterbacks missing the playoffs. :laugh: Tua is next.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
Well it looks like daks price just went up........... For the raiders.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yep......I have read nuggets from a few insiders implying he may have regressed a bit last season. But either way, he was the first overall pick. He was getting a 2nd deal regardless
I agree, but his production has been real poor since he entered the league. He was suppose to be a can’t miss prospect like Andrew Luck

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dak getting paid by the Giants for sure. Dallas will get 4 win seasons for the next 5-6 years as the reward. Well deserved for this fan base. Love the team... done with the fans
Are you saying you’re done with yourself? Or you just think you’re better than everyone else?

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
look i just say this

if u have a guy u know u want to sign there is ZERO good to wait

zero! the price not going to be going down!

idk why stephen and jerry have a problem to understand this

i also so not under stand how they screw up sitting on their hand with 3 of them at the same time
Do you think the eagles wish they had waited on Carson Wentz?

erod

Reaction score
look i just say this

if u have a guy u know u want to sign there is ZERO good to wait

zero! the price not going to be going down!

idk why stephen and jerry have a problem to understand this

i also so not under stand how they screw up sitting on their hand with 3 of them at the same time
I don't think the have any intention of signing him to big money. They talk like they do to keep the peace, but they won't.