Trey Lance Averages 60 Rushing YPG When He Plays The Majority Of The Snaps

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I mis-spoke he played in 8 games. 102 attempts 52 completions 54.9% rate he sucks
102 career attempts and “he sucks”.

I’d hate to have seen what you thought about Peyton Manning after he threw 28 INTs and had a 56% completion percentage on 575 attempts his rookie season.

Merlin

Reaction score
Lance's only official 40 time was at the ESPN college combine where he ran a turtle-like 4.92 and a 4.51 20-yard shuttle.. The 4.5 time came from his personal trainer. BTW, Cooper Rush's 40 was 4.93 with a 4.47 shuttle

Trey didn't run at the combine. That's an impressive run for a 4.92 guy. He's clearly faster than that.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I’d hate to have seen what you thought about Peyton Manning after he threw 28 INTs and had a 56% completion percentage on 575 attempts his rookie season.
Peyton had a bigger body of work to draw from. This kid had 1 decent year in college and chose to sat out so he wouldn't get exposed and it paid off for him. He knows he sucks. He might develop into a backup if he takes a big leap forward this year. The cowboys overcompensated for this clown who won't be here next year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Peyton had a bigger body of work to draw from. This kid had 1 decent year in college and chose to sat out so he wouldn't get exposed and it paid off for him. He knows he sucks. He might develop into a backup if he takes a big leap forward this year. The cowboys overcompensated for this clown who won't be here next year.
If he turns out great for us then what?

Adreme

Reaction score

If the coaches had then thought him inferior to someone who is not a top 40 QB and he demoted for said QB then I would probably have judged him harshly. The thing is though this is not the 90s where you expect rookie QBs to be terrible. Now college players are running pro style offenses so you have players like Stroud who can just come in and be good. Players themselves have said they often know within a couple practices whether the fresh QB has it or not.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No one is upset if he actually becomes a good player. But it's highly unlikely. But also if he does it will be during his stint with another team.
I wouldn’t so confidently paint myself in the “he sucks” camp before he gets a chance here.

People around this place won’t forget who threw him away before he even played a snap for us.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Lance runs due to not being able to process his reads quickly and pick apart a defense (Dak struggles with this to a lesser extent).

Teams will happily allow Lance to get 60 yards rushing a game. It means they will win most of the games against us.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you play that out over a 17 game season it’s 1,020 rushing yards for the season.

He would’ve been 1st amongst QBs by 250 yards and 9th amongst RBs last year.

He would’ve been the Cowboys leading rusher last year.

Give. Him. A. Chance.
This is potentially the biggest gamechanger we've had in the past 30 years.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn’t so confidently paint myself in the “he sucks” camp before he gets a chance here.

People around this place won’t forget who threw him away before he even played a snap for us.
This kid will get some snaps pre season but your kidding yourself if you think he will do anything more than hold a clip board. He couldn't even compete with rush to be Daks backup last year and I doubt he can beat him this year. Decent runner with sub average arm talent at best. He's a broke mans Daniel jones, with less upside.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How do we know how much he has gotten better since his trade to the Cowboys?

We don't.

He has gained zero game experience. But I still expect him to be better and maybe be near average. Maybe if he works real hard he might be at out rush.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
If you play that out over a 17 game season it’s 1,020 rushing yards for the season.

Give. Him. A. Chance.
At running back???????????? Because you left off his GREAT passing stats..................

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Give. Him. A. Chance.
wow you are a hypocrite.

people took numbers from Dak a couple of years back when he was injured and projected to a full season and you argued that's stupid.
Now you are doing projections!!!?

how does that make sense?

secondly, do you want a RB? or a QB?

what has Lamar Jackson accomplished but be 2-4 in the playoffs. he is TOOOONNNNSSSSS better than Trance. he is a running QB

the question one asks about a QB if one actually understood football would be.... is he accurate? can he read a defense? can he make the tight throws? can he go through his reads?
but nah...he can run. so give him a chance. lets put a RB to play QB. and how is that going to work our for ya?

this was by far one of your most stupidest posts....probably your top 5..and that's saying a lot

diamonddelts

Reaction score
wow you are a hypocrite.

people took numbers from Dak a couple of years back when he was injured and projected to a full season and you argued that's stupid.
Now you are doing projections!!!?

how does that make sense?

secondly, do you want a RB? or a QB?

what has Lamar Jackson accomplished but be 2-4 in the playoffs. he is TOOOONNNNSSSSS better than Trance. he is a running QB

the question one asks about a QB if one actually understood football would be.... is he accurate? can he read a defense? can he make the tight throws? can he go through his reads?
but nah...he can run. so give him a chance. lets put a RB to play QB. and how is that going to work our for ya?

this was by far one of your most stupidest posts....probably your top 5..and that's saying a lot
Truth. Low I.Q. Dallas fans continue to mention a running qb or coming up with option packages for Trey. Gimmicky, one read and bolt qbs never win the SB. Running qbs always get exposed in the playoffs. It is painful how guys crave more mediocrity for the same low brow crap every year.