Trey Lance deserves playing time in real games

leeblair

Reaction score
How can the Cowboys bring him this far and just stop?
If they want to develop the kid he should get to keep building on what he's doing. If he continues to show improvement, he should get reps with the first string in a real game situation.
It may be time for the Cowboys to make the hard choice and commit to the future.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Problem is, how good do you want him to be. The going rate for a half decent QB is going to cost you some change. No longer the days of being a good QB costing you 5-10 million dollars, they want 20+

leeblair

Reaction score
Problem is, how good do you want him to be. The going rate for a half decent QB is going to cost you some change. No longer the days of being a good QB costing you 5-10 million dollars, they want 20+
I think the Cowboys need to commit to a future without Dak Prescott and use Dak as an insurance policy in his last year.
I think Trey Lance should get meaningful playing time this season.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the Cowboys need to commit to a future without Dak Prescott and use Dak as an insurance policy in his last year.
Do you feel he's shown enough that he could carry us for some games

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If Lance proves to be a worthy QB I don't think anyone would be against giving him $20-30M. If he is even league average at that rate it's a massive advantage compared to the rest of the league.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He’ll get it eventually.

He needs to be solid in this last preseason game.

If he is the “We Want Lance” chats will be deafening anytime Dak makes a mistake this year.

This will be the first time in Dak’s career that he’ll have a QB behind him the crowd is rooting for.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Lance proves to be a worthy QB I don't think anyone would be against giving him $20-30M. If he is even league average at that rate it's a massive advantage compared to the rest of the league.
I'm sorry I just can't see it right now, in some ways maybe but man

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’ll get it eventually.

If he is the “We Want Lance” chats will be deafening anytime Dak makes a mistake this year.

This will be the first time in Dak’s career that he’ll have a QB behind him the crowd is rooting for.
If that were to have happened early in the first game oh man the hype level would have been top notch. I've been saying this for awhile, you get people on his side, it may be bad for Dak. Sadly this was said by me before seeing him play in these games, looks severely raw still!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How can the Cowboys bring him this far and just stop?
If they want to develop the kid he should get to keep building on what he's doing. If he continues to show improvement, he should get reps with the first string in a real game situation.
It may be time for the Cowboys to make the hard choice and commit to the future.
Lance deserves nothing. he has to earn it and so far he hasn't. this ain't charity son. this is NFL. developing a player who in year 4 still is worse than some of the rookies that just got drafted is a waste of time and resources.

if we get a 6th or 7th round pick for him, lets just take our loss and move on.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If that were to have happened early in the first game oh man the hype level would have been top notch. I've been saying this for awhile, you get people on his side, it may be bad for Dak. Sadly this was said by me before seeing him play in these games, looks severely raw still!
This is pretty good through 2 preseason games for a “raw” QB.

Lances rankings through 2 preseason games:

Passing yards - 2nd
Completion percentage- 11th
Yards per game - 2nd
Passing TDs - tied for 3rd
INTs - 1st (zero INTs)
QB Rating - 9th

Rushing yards - 12th (1st in QBs)
Rushing YPG - 10th (1st in QBs)
Rushing TDs - tied for 2nd
Fumbles - 1st (zero fumbles)

Not to shabby.

The added fact that he makes Dak fans emotional nervous wrecks is just a bonus.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
there are 20 QBs that make 25M or more. Minshew who is on his 4th team I believe makes 12.5. Darnold as a back up I believe makes 10M.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't disagree with committing to future without prescot.

Lance is not the answer, that much is clearly and undisputedly obvious to any one with average football knowledge.

time to go after a QB in draft for future....

SlammedZero

Reaction score
He’ll get it eventually.

......and we all know how well Dak operates under pressure.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He’ll get it eventually.

those chants will only be in your head, with the other people who live there....:muttley:
nobody is stupid enought to want Lance...well, then again there are stupid people on this board.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance deserves nothing. he has to earn it and so far he hasn't. this ain't charity son. this is NFL. developing a player who in year 4 still is worse than some of the rookies that just got drafted is a waste of time and resources.

if we get a 6th or 7th round pick for him, lets just take our loss and move on.
You still refuse to address that it is not a true 4 years. Actually 3, as this is his 4th.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Passing yards - 2nd
Yards per game - 2nd
INTs - 1st (zero INTs)
QB Rating - 9th

Not to shabby.

wow, selective stats. so now tell us how many plays he has had to get to those. its preseason.... he has played most of anybody. no?
and the #3 over all player ranks 9th in QB rating...I would have kept that off this list if I were you. that's embarassing.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Passing yards - 2nd
Yards per game - 2nd
INTs - 1st (zero INTs)
QB Rating - 9th

Not to shabby.

I'm sorry he may have done all of that and his stats are good just like your buddy #4, but the late throws, overthrown throws, bone head throws, he still looks like he's a rookie finding his way. I like some attributes of his game, but I was one to brag about his athleticism and not his arm. His arm needs the word/processing etc etc, his legs will get him far and brings a dimension that Dak no longer has. I'd keep Jak for another year, and draft someone