Trey Lance deserves playing time in real games

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
there are 20 QBs that make 25M or more. Minshew who is on his 4th team I believe makes 12.5. Darnold as a back up I believe makes 10M.
Cool but the same for them, let Minshew have a GREAT year this year, no doubt he'll be making this little bit of money he's making now!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he is nothing but a gadget QB then?
No, it is a way to get him on the field. Get some real snaps. Actually allow him to pass.
If the run game is working because the OL improved. In a short yardage situation or say inside the 5 or 10. Does Zeke run, does Trey run, or does he pass. Some options there.
Even if they stack the box against Zeke, the defense will need to be aware of Trey running, or passing, as he improves upon that.

sbark

Reaction score
I don't disagree with committing to future without prescot.

Lance is not the answer, that much is clearly and undisputedly obvious to any one with average football knowledge.

time to go after a QB in draft for future....
Watching Z.Wilson last night.... draft is a crap shoot. He was 2nd pick, right ahead of Lance

Green Bays 3rd stringer is better
Kid out of Tulsne, 7th round
Has Purdy taken a step back....rough outing.

If Lance isnt the answer....he sure is fooling MM and crew, they are investing alot of snsps in him.....just for a possible trade?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How can the Cowboys bring him this far and just stop?
If they want to develop the kid he should get to keep building on what he's doing. If he continues to show improvement, he should get reps with the first string in a real game situation.
It may be time for the Cowboys to make the hard choice and commit to the future.
:facepalm:

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Cooper Rush went 4-1
We beat 3 struggling teams at that point in the season with our defense playing really well. We got absolutely embarrassed by your team in Philthy. And he was reason for that embarrassment. A Dak led team came back and beat them. Cooper was having 100 yard passing games. You fail to mention those facts. If Cooper is so good, why didn't any teams come asking for him? And why are they trying to force Lance in that 2nd spot behind Dak? You like to prop up Cooper to make Dak look bad. Stupid people only fool themselves.

We got lucky playing several teams that were struggling. You always say that Dak beats bad teams but failed to mention Cooper did as well.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys need to commit to a future without Dak Prescott and use Dak as an insurance policy in his last year.
I think Trey Lance should get meaningful playing time this season.
man this is just nuts, Dak gets you in the tournament & Lance wins you 4 - 7 games. I hate that Dak is about to consume 60+ million of the Cap, but replacing a 3 year 12 game a year winning QB with a Kid that cannot hit the broad side of the barn and his ONLY, i said ONLY positive attribute is his running ability and arm strength is like shooting your self in the foot. Let Dak get his contract continue to develop Lance for a few more years if he will stay and lets go win this thing.

stiletto

Reaction score
Lance has looked so bad in training camp and the pre-season game that he was probably on the borderline of not even getting a contract extension. He showed improvement the last game so that's good but he's not close to touching playing time yet. Need a strong 3rd showing and a cheap agent. I doubt he see's the field this year, just being realistic. I hope he sticks around and develops into something. Gives me strong Quincy vibes as a passer.

leeblair

Reaction score
man this is just nuts, Dak gets you in the tournament & Lance wins you 4 - 7 games. I hate that Dak is about to consume 60+ million of the Cap, but replacing a 3 year 12 game a year winning QB with a Kid that cannot hit the broad side of the barn and his ONLY, i said ONLY positive attribute is his running ability and arm strength is like shooting your self in the foot. Let Dak get his contract continue to develop Lance for a few more years if he will stay and lets go win this thing.
In what- three or four years?
Lance would be ready in a year, maybe less.
Time to move on from Dak.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish I could put you in the same room with the Mad Genius. Just let the two of you have a one-on-one conversation. I really really do.

Me? I would only ask for a chair to sit in a corner of the same room with the two of you. And a bucket of popcorn. It would be priceless.

Two guys dead set on having the last word and making the other guy agree with him. One guy saying, "But I'm all-in!" The other guy saying, "RATS!" Back-and-forth. Over-and-over. Dogs and cats. Living together. Mass hysteria.

leeblair

Reaction score
Cooper Rush went 4-1 and it made Dak so nervous that he came back and led the NFL in INTs while missing 5 games that year.

Dak and pressure is like oil and water.
Bingo.
And without a little help from the refs and others, Dak loses three more games that season.(Detroit,Indianapolis, Houston)

Rock423

Reaction score
If they want to develop the kid he should get to keep building on what he's doing. If he continues to show improvement, he should get reps with the first string in a real game situation.
It may be time for the Cowboys to make the hard choice and commit to the future.
No he doesn’t.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We beat 3 struggling teams at that point in the season with our defense playing really well. We got absolutely embarrassed by your team in Philthy. And he was reason for that embarrassment. A Dak led team came back and beat them. Cooper was having 100 yard passing games. You fail to mention those facts. If Cooper is so good, why didn't any teams come asking for him? And why are they trying to force Lance in that 2nd spot behind Dak? You like to prop up Cooper to make Dak look bad. Stupid people only fool themselves.

We got lucky playing several teams that were struggling. You always say that Dak beats bad teams but failed to mention Cooper did as well.
:hammer:

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys need to commit to a future without Dak Prescott and use Dak as an insurance policy in his last year.
Truth be told, what you think (or me or any other fan) doesn't matter...so sit back and enjoy the ride;)

johneric8

Reaction score
I actually agree that I think it would be smart for the Cowboys to put their eggs in the basket of Trey Lance.. Unless they know something we don't in terms of his IQ being way too low, I think he has all the intangibles to move forward with after this season. I'm also hopeful that Big Mike has a good season and sticks around because even with the playoff pitfalls he has made this team better every year and they are right there in it.. Big Mike is probably the best QB coach in the NFL so this could be a good situation for the next 4 or 5 years if the chips fall right. there is just something I really like about Lance and I can't put my finger on it.. I think he's been humbled by how his career has started and he is learning quickly how to be an NFL QB. Lets be real here, the guys measurables and talent is off the charts if he can put it together. Plus, his arm is WAY better than Dak's so heres to hoping he can put it all together.

Adreme

Reaction score
Except all he has shown is an ability to demonstrate he belongs with backups and practice squad players. The idea that he will somehow get better if he has to face competition better than what he already struggles against is silly.