Trey Lance is a flip-for-profit?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
My speculation is, Jerry trusts Mike so much with turning a QB into a player, and watching how much hes helped Dak improve this year, Jerry got Trey Lance as a flip project. Have Mike fix him, then flip him for premo picks to a desperate team.

It shows how much Jerry believe in Mike.

Majic

Reaction score
Maybe something to flip the picks, but doubt Mike would have anything to do with it. This one is just in the joneses

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Not saying Dak Prescott is Joe Montana, but I think Trey Lance could be our Steve Young.

Again...not saying he's gonna be a HOF QB, but I think getting a few years to sit and learn from Dak and McCarthy and in a few years he could be a top QB

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
At this point I think Lance wont get in a game to really showcase himself and if he does it's not likely until after the trade deadline next year. Lance is most likely projected as the starter next year, and then moves on for the Cowboys to collect a comp pick, which the comp pick is the sneaky insurance value Jerry got in this deal.

At this point Dak would have to completely implode down the stretch here for Lance to have a real shot, and I was someone who at the time of the deal said this could be a real threat to Dak for next year.

Motorola

Reaction score
I hope so. they need to show case him, show he made improvements and then flip him. Bilicheck has done that a couple of times.
They would have to provide evidence that he is "fixed" which won't happen if he never plays. Every time you see a flipped QB like Matt Cassle, it comes after they perform well in fill in duty.
They can't showcase him until Dak and Cooper are injured and can't play. Any showcase will be in pre-season next year.
And no team is going to trade their 2025 4th round pick (what the Cowboys gave up to the Forty-niners) or higher, for Lance doing mop-up duty during the 2024 season.

John813

Reaction score
Not seeing it. Even if Lance lights up the preseason, it's still preseason.
This year it's Cooper Rush playing if Dak gets injured.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I would say he is a lot more valuable than a 4th round pick right now. I think he is more talented and better than what the Patriots, Stealers, Giants, and Commodores have on their roster right now. Maybe a few other teams. I don't know. I pretty much only follow the Cowboys.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
My speculation is, Jerry trusts Mike so much with turning a QB into a player, and watching how much hes helped Dak improve this year, Jerry got Trey Lance as a flip project. Have Mike fix him, then flip him for premo picks to a desperate team.

It shows how much Jerry believe in Mike.
If Dak is signed to an extension and if Rush is sent packing then Lance could be the next Cowboy QB after he rides the pine for the next few years. He has a ton of information that he needs to process before he can even think about leading a team. Just because he has fresh legs doesn't mean he can be an AVERAGE QB in the NFL. As he's studying and learning behind Dak, he could be used like Hill is used with the Saints and that's allow him to run the ball just to get him a few touches as he backs up Dak.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
A $5M, 3rd option QB is not going to fly next season. There is no way they are not extending Dak and no way they trust Lance more than Rush. I doubt Lance and his Agent are going to give the Cowboys a 3rd string deal.

Big_D

Reaction score
Why would a team give more for Lance next year than they would have this year when he hasn't even been active?

If there's any worth we won't know until after next season at the earliest. There's certainly nothing there to flip at the moment.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why would a team give more for Lance next year than they would have this year when he hasn't even been active?
I think the flip comes later on. Teams have a tendency to forget how bad guys are at times when they don’t play for awhile lol: