Trey Lance mop up duty?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If they designate Dak as a post June 1 cut, then they save tons of $$$.

2024 dead cap: 25,455,000
2025 dead cap: 36,460,000

2024 cap save: 34,000,000

Thats an easy call.

I believe that’s why they made the trade for Lance.
The easy call is they are extending Dak and the cap hits you listed will mean nothing. If anyone thinks Trey Lance can step in and match the production Dak has, I can't help you.

Lance is around to develop as a viable long term backup option, something they wanted to get in this year's draft but were unable to.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And STILL...no examples.

Hmmm...who woulda thunk it.
You know which games, but you love to act like an ignorant buffoon. Last year alone, Dak led the team to victories against three .500+ teams (Vikings, Giants and Eagles). So either apologize and admit you were wrong, or zip it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If the #3 overall pick from a couple of years ago couldn't *possibly* be the answer, then you take the lumps and move on. As in go to full rebuild mode. Folks are tired of one and done in the playoffs with Dak anyway, and let's face it Dak is not getting any younger, so why not go into hell for a little while and get out of perpetual purgatory so we can work on the next franchise QB? Dallas had to go through '88-'89 in order to get the majority of core players they got for those championship runs. And if Trey can't do it, then while you're in full rebuild mode, you may as well see what draft capital you can get for a guy like Parsons before you can't afford to sign him after his rookie contract expires.
what lumps? again does that mean we are in the midst of a rebuild? everyone is tired of one and done (last year was 1-1). but then again, everyone puts the blame on a single person. I disagree with that type of meaningless finger pointing. I am all for moving on, if you want to come out and say lets just dump everyone, get draft picks and start rebuilding, then so be it. its a plan (no judgement), but if we say just cut Dak and move on, without having a better alternative then I think you are nuts. it will never happen. it shouldn't happen.

Dak is not elite. was never elite. will never be elite. so it takes a team to get over the hump. no different than Philly doing it last year and then a few years back doing it with a back up QB. others have done it too. if you think the only way to make it over the top is with an elite QB, then we might be in this mess for much longer than you think. at some point we have to take our lumps. I just don't agree its now.

I have very little hope for trey, who is in the third year of his NFL and has thrown a total of 320 passes his entire career as a starter.....that includes college. let that sink in for a minute.

sounds like you just want to tear it all apart, artificially. given this team had 12 wins two years in a row and in the midst of probably another 12 win season. because you don't know how to get the team over the top and hate Dak and want an elite QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
The easy call is they are extending Dak and the cap hits you listed will mean nothing. If anyone thinks Trey Lance can step in and match the production Dak has, I can't help you.
Maybe he's right. Maybe that is why they made the trade for Lance. But not to match production. To get us the 1st overall pick in 2025!!